BLOGS

ShadowStrikeV2

Lord of Light and the Templar Order.

Rate this Entry
Ok, so this is my first blog! Alright, so I've noticed I have a few things I can explain more about that some of you might actually want to know about. This one is about the Lord of Light, his Arch Angel, and the Templar Order. Of course you can tell what they've been based off of, but these are vastly different than their real-world counterparts.

Let's start with the Lord of Light, Felix's master. This character is heavily based off of the God of the Bible, as I am Christian. I wanted to create a fictionalized version because I thought it'd be a great addition to my RP's.

The Lord of Light is the eternal source of all things considered good. That includes, love, compassion, mercy, hope, justice, and righteousness. He is extremely powerful, in fact, the first and greatest spirit of light in all existence, from him spring all other spirits of light. He has existed since before time, something which very few spirits can claim. This is called being *Extra-primordial. And being extra-primordial, the Lord of Light is more powerful than even the most powerful of the primordial beings.

The Lord of Light represents order, justice, and all around goodness. It is from him that most sentient beings receive their moral codes. Although everyone has a different set of morals, they all [usually] have some basic similarities. Only creatures of darkness or those who've been heavily corrupted by it do not heed this underlying moral code. But, there is another code that the Lord of Light created. An ancient one, one which has the gravest of consequences if one should break it. The lesser creatures of darkness dare not even attempt to break these Laws, and those who would often times cannot even succeed in breaking them. Even others of extra-primordial nature would not break these laws, as they had all sworn never to do so.

Most of these laws are concerned with things such as *Infinity Stones. These are capable of nigh-limitless power, giving the wield power to rival that of the primordial and potentially even the extra-primordial. These are the Laws of which the Templar Order are devoted to enforcing.

The Templar Order was initially begun by the Lord of Light himself, to enforce the Laws he created, and the other extra-primordial have agreed upon, however he handed over control to his right hand, the Arch Angel. The Arch Angel is a primordial being, in fact, he is the first diviner. He was created by the Lord of Light as the Spirit of Justice, however, he is just as much the Spirit of Creativity, Ingenuity, and Inspiration. He is a *Storm Lord, powerful as the Tritons.

Over the millennium, the Templar Order has kept these secret Laws observed by spirits of chaos and darkness, and the occasional mortals. The Order is made up of spirits and mortals alike, discrimination is non-existent among their ranks. All are welcome; all are accepted.

Well, that's it. I hope you guys liked it and found this informative. I sure had fun writing it!

* Extra-primordial beings are beings that have existed before space and time. They are responsible for the creation of everything. There are very few of these beings but as I am not in control of who makes one, I cannot say the exact number of which. To my knowledge, the Lord of Light is the first extra-primordial being in this role-play forum.

*Infinity Stones are infinite magical energy sources, capable of making the impossible happen. There are currently 5 in existence, all hidden away. They give magical energy to the Spiral, making magic possible. They were created by the extra-primordial to allow magic into the physical realm. Without Infinity Stones, magic as we know it would not exist.

*Storm Lords are any beings who rival the Tritons in power of storm.

Submit "Lord of Light and the Templar Order." to Digg Submit "Lord of Light and the Templar Order." to del.icio.us Submit "Lord of Light and the Templar Order." to StumbleUpon Submit "Lord of Light and the Templar Order." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

1.In Wizard101,Bartleby mentions ''the Creator'' planted him when he was a sapling,hung the stars and the skies,and made the land and sea,perhaps even raised Lady Nightstar and retreated into some void to work on other things.Traditional Hoodoo will speak of this Creator figure,as Bon Dye(or better Bon Dieu which means Good God or Good Lord),who retreated deeper into his world,to work on his magnum opus,leaving the world in charge of his servants,the Spirits,the Loa among them.Finally,St Lucio,First Bishop of Shadowmoor founded the city after creating a modest chapel(contrasting the grandeur of the Cathedral) named the Chapel of the Nameless God.Now,I believe this is a subtle nod on Omar's part to the Nameless God,the monotheistic deity in the world of Oz.Now,add to this the Lord of Light.Are these the same?

2.You mention his basis on the Christian God,Jehovah,how does this figure relate to the Supreme Primate,and the Mother of Monkeys of Monquista's faith?Not to mention the Saints,many of whom were the Supreme Primate's apostles,including St Simian the Zealot,St Apeter,and other such figures?

3.And in relation to the above,the COMPLETELY different faith of the Marleyboneans?With St Catguerte,and other such figures,with the belief in the giant bone?

4.The Eternal Source.We've discussed about the Eternal Source of Things in the cosmology of Spirit Travel.Is this figure related to the Eternal Source?

He cannot be the Eternal Source,because the Source is well...eternal and nonanthropomorphisable,so it cannot be a Lord of Light.Furthermore,the Lord of Light is a being of good,and light.Whereas the Eternal Source is the two-sided element of both light and shadow,good and evil,because the very concept of duality is blurred to the degree that they are one.I'd assume the Lord of Light resides in the Forge of Reality,or in the Sanctuary.

5.If the Bon Dye connection is true(and it'd be confusing if it wasn't),do the Loa by extension,belong to the Templars,even though they are certainly far from on equal level.

6.Does the Order recognize the Shadow Sun and the Requiem Bell,the two great relics of Shadowmoor?
    Updated 03-28-2015 at 07:41 AM by The Hoodoo Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hoodoo Master
    1.In Wizard101,Bartleby mentions ''the Creator'' planted him when he was a sapling,hung the stars and the skies,and made the land and sea,perhaps even raised Lady Nightstar and retreated into some void to work on other things.Traditional Hoodoo will speak of this Creator figure,as Bon Dye(or better Bon Dieu which means Good God or Good Lord),who retreated deeper into his world,to work on his magnum opus,leaving the world in charge of his servants,the Spirits,the Loa among them.Finally,St Lucio,First Bishop of Shadowmoor founded the city after creating a modest chapel(contrasting the grandeur of the Cathedral) named the Chapel of the Nameless God.Now,I believe this is a subtle nod on Omar's part to the Nameless God,the monotheistic deity in the world of Oz.Now,add to this the Lord of Light.Are these the same?

2.You mention his basis on the Christian God,Jehovah,how does this figure relate to the Supreme Primate,and the Mother of Monkeys of Monquista's faith?Not to mention the Saints,many of whom were the Supreme Primate's apostles,including St Simian the Zealot,St Apeter,and other such figures?

3.And in relation to the above,the COMPLETELY different faith of the Marleyboneans?With St Catguerte,and other such figures,with the belief in the giant bone?

4.The Eternal Source.We've discussed about the Eternal Source of Things in the cosmology of Spirit Travel.Is this figure related to the Eternal Source?

He cannot be the Eternal Source,because the Source is well...eternal and nonanthropomorphisable,so it cannot be a Lord of Light.Furthermore,the Lord of Light is a being of good,and light.Whereas the Eternal Source is the two-sided element of both light and shadow,good and evil,because the very concept of duality is blurred to the degree that they are one.I'd assume the Lord of Light resides in the Forge of Reality,or in the Sanctuary.

5.If the Bon Dye connection is true(and it'd be confusing if it wasn't),do the Loa by extension,belong to the Templars,even though they are certainly far from on equal level.

6.Does the Order recognize the Shadow Sun and the Requiem Bell,the two great relics of Shadowmoor?
    1. Yes, the Bon Die connection seems logical that it'd be true. Please for give my lack of knowledge about the Spiral, I haven't played W101 past Marleybone... However it would seem that these figures are one and the same. So in short, this assumption is correct.

2&3 will be answered after I research a little, as of now I do not have a much understanding of the Monquistan or Marelybonian faiths...

4. Interesting question. The Lord of Light is not dependent upon the Eternal source, as none of the extra-primordial beings are, however, the Eternal Source serves as a home to these beings.

5. The Loa are servants of the Order, however, they are bound to do as the Order commands when they use the phrase "In the name of the Creator..." Or "By the Lord of Light..." This gives even the least within the Templar Order authority over the greatest Loa. They do not use this very often as it invokes the power of the Lord of Light, which is so powerful, in fact, that prolonged use of it could rupture reality.

6. Please explain what you mean by "recognize." Do you mean are they familiar with them? Do you mean they know of their existence? Or do you mean they recognize their power?