BLOGS

ShadowStrikeV2

Chi Force: What it is and how to use it.

Rate this Entry
Well, Jason uses a lot o Chi magic, so I thought here would be a good place to get all my thoughts about what it is, how it works, and what abilities you can gain through Chi magic.

First off, chi is life-force. It flows like a sort of ethereal water through all living things. For this reason, I consider chi magic/manipulation a form of Theurgy (Life Magic). Chi is to the soul as water to the body. Chi is what the soul is primarily made of, and it flows in a current through all living things.

The only way to access your chi energy is through meditation and strong will-power. This way you can channel your life-force in ways never before possible. The immediate effects of chi use is the strengthening of the body. When your life-force is converted into energy, it becomes very powerful, giving you enhanced speed, strength, endurance, and durability. The stronger your will, the more powerful these traits become.

You can also channel your life-force into physical constructs, such as weapons or shields. The Chi Shield is an effective defense for all who have mastered the skill. It can encompass the user within a sphere, but they mostly If their will is powerful enough, it can be nigh-unbreakable. However, the weak willed, those whose minds are easily changed by circumstances, will have a shield about as strong as glass. Physical constructs of chi have a very painful backlash towards the user whenever they are struck, which is the prominent reason why the weak-of-will are never adept in their use.

Just as you can create physical constructs of weapons from chi energy, you can also emit your Spirit Animal. Your spirit animal is your essence personified as an animal. It is very similar to your *True Name in that it describes everything about you in one word, type of animal. Emitting your spirit animal is like ejecting from a vehicle. It is your spirit, leaving your body. This allows for *dream-travel and extra combative capabilities, as well as *para-vision.

Another offensive capability of chi manipulation is the Chi Sphere. As all visible chi constructs is water-like, the Chi Sphere is no acceptation. It resembles a circular ball of water, flowing with a current, around and around. It has a very distinct difference in appearance to water, which is it's unearthly glow of blue light. A Chi Sphere is a powerful weapon, which can be expanded or contracted, depending on the users wishes. These spheres can do massive amounts of damage, to simply knocking a person off their feet to the leveling of a mountain. As always, the strength of the user's will is key to how powerful they can be. Chi Blasts are simply much weaker and invisible forms of Chi Spheres. However they can be used for many different reasons.

These all abilities of chi, using technique I like to call "Chi Emission." This is taking your chi energy and and using it directly on the physical target. The next phew abilities are using a technique I call "Chi Conduction." This is using your chi but through a medium, such as the ground, the natural chi-flow, or even the user's own body, and does not affect the target physically.

The chi of the user can also interact with the chi of other living things, such as plants, animals, and sentient beings. Connecting your chi with others around you can be used for three different applications: manipulating the chi within the person, animal, or plant, allowing you to control them. Using the chi flow of the ground to carry your chi further distances (Chi flows better within the chi flow, than in air or physical objects), allows you to do things such as Chi Tracking. And finally, to absorb the chi of the target. This can often result in the user looking like they're using necromancy, however, they are simply absorbing the chi within the target.

Chi absorbing can be done with less harmful results by simply absorbing less of the chi around you. This is why monks and other chi users are often found in nature, there they can harmlessly absorb small amounts of chi from each individual plant, causing the user to grow stronger.

Manipulating the chi of another is something which requires varying amounts of discipline and will-power, depending on the amount the target has. Things such as non-sentient plants have absolutely no will of their own, so they are inherently easy to control. Non-sentient animals have instincts, but not particularly any wills of their own, this makes them harder to control than plants, but easier than sentient beings. Manipulating a person's chi is tough, and varies from person to person, and is used primarily for invading the minds of your opponents. You can manipulate their chi to influence their mind and decisions, or you can simply knock them unconscious.

Chi Tracking is possible when the user has learned to distinguish the difference in certain people's chi than other's. Every living creature has a unique "chi signature" that keeps them different than others, keeps them unique. The chi user, through intense studying and extreme observational skills, can learn to tell these differences apart, allowing them to track whomever they wish, provided they've come into contact with said person, and have memorized their chi "signature." Connecting your chi flow with the flow of the world around you, the user is able to know just how many people are where on the island they are currently on. Powerful spirits are easier to tell apart than weaker ones, however, this can be avoided through Chi Masking, which basically just hides your chi signature. This makes it more difficult to track you, but ultimately it's a battle of the wills, whomever posses the stronger will-power, will win.

Next is Chi Healing. As chi is life-force, it is able to heal. Drawing chi from others into yourself, or from yourself into others. This is a simple yet effective use of chi.

Well, thank you all for reading. Feel free to ask questions and such.

* Para-vision is being able to see things outside of your physical field of vision. It is often described as an out-of-body experience.

Submit "Chi Force: What it is and how to use it." to Digg Submit "Chi Force: What it is and how to use it." to del.icio.us Submit "Chi Force: What it is and how to use it." to StumbleUpon Submit "Chi Force: What it is and how to use it." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

1.For centuries,vampires have practiced magic with a strong basis in blood,but when taken to a super-natural level,Necromancers,and Psychic Vampires,such Energivores have been known to use various methods to pull prana from the bodies of others into oneself,feeding off of them.This can come in a million different methods and crafts,but does it count as qi magic?Which it should because it's qi-base and shouldn't because a lot of energivores lack strength of will.

2.Would mojo blade,mojo reavers,mojo whips,mojo cannons,and other such bits of psionics count as qi magic?

3.Would Qi magic be more magic,or mysticism?

4.Energy Manipulation such as this is an underlying current in most magical disciplines,does dominion over this pathworking allow someone the ability to enter any magical form?

5.While it is a form of theurgy,Necromancy has a lot of manipulation of life force,in it's absorbtion,funneling,and death essence.What are your thoughts on Necromancy and Qi?for the two do mix.

6.Explain auras.

7.How can Chi's more material side be applied into Alchemy?

8.Do the dead have Chi?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hoodoo Master
    1.For centuries,vampires have practiced magic with a strong basis in blood,but when taken to a super-natural level,Necromancers,and Psychic Vampires,such Energivores have been known to use various methods to pull prana from the bodies of others into oneself,feeding off of them.This can come in a million different methods and crafts,but does it count as qi magic?Which it should because it's qi-base and shouldn't because a lot of energivores lack strength of will.

2.Would mojo blade,mojo reavers,mojo whips,mojo cannons,and other such bits of psionics count as qi magic?

3.Would Qi magic be more magic,or mysticism?

4.Energy Manipulation such as this is an underlying current in most magical disciplines,does dominion over this pathworking allow someone the ability to enter any magical form?

5.While it is a form of theurgy,Necromancy has a lot of manipulation of life force,in it's absorbtion,funneling,and death essence.What are your thoughts on Necromancy and Qi?for the two do mix.

6.Explain auras.

7.How can Chi's more material side be applied into Alchemy?

8.Do the dead have Chi?
    1. Will is subjective to a person's priorities. If, say, someone decides they want to get an object, they have will to gain it, but their will is not as powerful as if they needed said object. Energivores may lack strength of mind, but their will to gain energy is certainly a force to be reckoned with. They need the energy to stay alive, therefore their will to get the energy is strong. So yes, it would be considered chi/qi magic.

2. That would depend on what kind of energy the witch is using. If they're using life-force energy, then yes. If they're using some other kind of energy, then no.

3. I guess it should be more considered mysticism. Forgive me, I hadn't previously known the exact difference between the two until now. [I had to look it up.]

4. Yes, it would.

5. Yes, but I consider Chi to be more related to Theurgy because it uses one's own life force, not the life-force of others. However, if one were to focus on using other's chi energy to serve their purposes, then that is something called "Dark Chi Manipulation." It uses the abilities of Chi magic to work in much darker ways. I suppose I should have mentioned this earlier. Chi absorption would be considered Dark Chi Manipulation, however, peaceful monks can use it in a different way. Dark Chi Manipulation is forcing the life-energy into you, the peaceful monks, however, do not force it. They simply open their own chi and let it flow with the chi current, this allows more chi to enter without forcing it.

6. Auras are the emanation of a person's essence, who they are. It carries with it everything about you, what you do, what you like/dislike, what you're feeling, even your memories and thoughts. The more powerful the chi user is, the more they can discern a person's aura.

7. I well, chi is energy, even though it can take a solid form, it's still energy. However, because it's energy, mixing it with chemicals would cause the molecules to vibrate more violently.

8. They have energy, but not chi energy. Chi energy is life-energy, the dead are dead because of their lack of life, and by extent, life-energy. I would not be able to tell you what energy the dead run on.