My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Scurvy

Illustrated Guide to Social Groups

This guide will show you the information about Social Groups, how to create them, and how to join.

How to Join a Social Group

To join a social group here on Pirate101 Central, scroll down on your Profile page, and then on the left hand side there should eventually be a button that says 'Join Groups'.

If you do not see this, click here. Once you click join groups or the link in the previous sentence, there are already some groups on that page. The main middle part is all recently updated groups, and the right side is the newest groups there are. You can scroll through those to see if there is any you'd be interested in.

If there is a certain group you are interested in joining, or certain kind of group, there is a part of the page where you can search for a group.

Once you find a group you want to join, there should be a small button under the group name that says Join. If you don't know what this looks like, there is a few of those buttons in the above picture.
    After you click join, there will be a message saying "Are you sure you want to join the group called "[Group name]"? Yes or no.
    Sometimes you will need to wait until the group administrator approves your joining submission.

[I may be updating this part again soon, if you think I am missing something please contact me via VM or PM.]

How to create a Social Group

To create a social group, do the same first few steps as above, go to your profile and click 'Join Groups'. Once you click that, you are on a page with a list of groups you can join. Instead of joining, look above and click 'Create Group' (picture below).

Once you click that, there is information about the new group you need to fill out: Group Category, Group name, Group description, and group type. There is also other options you may need to fill out, like: Enabling albums to it, Enabling messages to it, and asking if the users must join to view the content (i.e posts).

Then you will need your group icon (like a group avatar). An icon is not required. If you do want a group icon, you can upload it from your computer, or 2, upload an image from another site.
    If you wish to leave the icon blank, click 'Skip' not 'Save Changes'.

After that your group is created and you may do whatever you want to it.

Managing a Group
    The option: 'Admin' : The option 'Admin' (only available to the group owner/administrator) has the following options: Edit Group, Delete Group, Pending and Invited Members, and Transfer Group. The meanings and what these options do are below.
    Edit Group- The edit group option lets you change the groups category, name, description, group type, group options, and icon.
    Delete Group- That deletes your group from the site.
    Pending & Invited Members- Pending & Invited Members option allows you to invite members, un-invite members, approve the people who want to join the group (if it's not public), or reject who wants to join the group. Along with all that, it has a list of who is pending.
    Transfer Group- To transfer a group, you will be giving your group to another user along with the administration powers. Once you do this you will no longer be the group owner.

The option: 'Group Tools' : This option allows you to Post a new discussion, view all the group members, view the pictures, add pictures to the group, mark this group read, or subscribe to this group.
    Post a new discussion- Posting a new discussion is like posting a group thread. Other members can reply.
    View all of the group's members- By clicking that, it will bring you to a page with all the group members listed.
    View the pictures- By clicking that it will take you to a page where you can view all your group's pictures.
    Add pictures to this group- By clicking that, you have the ability to add pictures to your group.
    Mark this group read- I believe that means to mark it to where you have already read all the posts in the group.
    Subscribe to this group- That will update you on the group. You can either subscribe by email (daily or weekly updates) , or your UCP (User Control Panel).
    [Guide may still be undergoing construction.]

Thanks!
    Michael

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael For This Useful Post:

rennerdrew (08-26-2013)

The hun is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• The hun's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  friendly davy jones
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor