•  Marleybone Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Relaxed

Re: Pets do drop from bosses!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zeppers View Post
    Actually I have been able to determine that the Jackalope pet is a reward for achieving a badge. Once you visit all places in Haunted Skyway I believe it is, I cannot recall the exact badge title. It usually happens upon entry to the Motherlode Mine because that is the last place required along the quest line, however I have had friends get it earlier because they ported into the Motherlode Mine to help other friends (before they had access to the mine themselves).

Having been able to determine this (We determined this by studying our notification logs), I am now thinking some of the other pet drops are not necessarily for beating a boss as a drop, but for achieving/earning certain badges along the games questline. Finish those side quests everyone!!!
    It's more than this, it has to be. I've completed everything (main story) in Haunted Skyway, including Motherlode Mine, and I haven't received a Jackalope.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

flash33 is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Dashing MB Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

A couple days ago I got a flying turtle pet, though I'm not sure how I got it (it was probably either a quest reward or dropped from a boss and I just didn't notice it). My guess it's gotten somewhere in mooshu, as that's where I was in when I got this pet. Photo below.

Note that it's stats are the same as the scorpion pet with main differences being accuracy and dodge are reversed, it has 1 less armor and it's health is higher than the scorpion pets health.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2012-09-07 13-11-20.jpg  
    Last edited by flash33; 09-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

Corsair (09-13-2012)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Well, I've gone through the Castillo Sapo Instance three times so far with no luck getting an armadillo. My friend did it twice with me and she hasn't gotten one either. Guess I'll just have to keep at it.

Dr Zeppers is offline Sailor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Noaheli View Post
    It's more than this, it has to be. I've completed everything (main story) in Haunted Skyway, including Motherlode Mine, and I haven't received a Jackalope.
    Check your badges, see if you have the one for having been to all unique places in Haunted Skyway. I am positive I am right.
    As a matter of fact I am quite positive, because all I had to do to get my jackalope was enter the mine, got the badge for having visited all places, and the jackalope.

My friends got the jackalope on a quest I was along with them on. I didnt get it although I was in all the same battles.
    We reviewed our notification logs and saw the badge they got at the same time they got the Jackalope.

I checked the badge, I was still missing one location, I went to that location, and immediately without any battle, just upon entering the mine (the last place I needed), I got the badge, and the Jackalope pet. I watched it happen. I assure you it wasnt one of those "oh my whered i get this pet" moments. I saw exactly when I got the jackalope pet, when I got the badge. I assure you I was not in ANY battle.

In support of that situation... I just got a Sky Dragon pet for similar reasons in Mooshu, cant recall the badge right now while im at work.
    But got that pet as a badge reward too (again was not in any battle).

I also have an Ancient Spirit pet.... it was DEFINATELY a drop. lol

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne Dragonrider View Post
    Well, I've gone through the Castillo Sapo Instance three times so far with no luck getting an armadillo. My friend did it twice with me and she hasn't gotten one either. Guess I'll just have to keep at it.
    I am now thinking this pet may have been a "badge" reward as I have seen other pets. Just wish the notification log retained all its entries, lol so I could pinpoint where I got my Armadillo.

Frankly, its the best pet in the game, it does 2-3x more damage than any other pet i've seen, and I have the Jackalope, Sky Snake, Spider, Buffaloon, Chameleon, Sky dragon, and Ancient Spirit pets (besides my armadillo pet).

Edit: Will check my badges tonight and add them here... so someone may be able to confirm.
    Edit: Well I had a hard time finding it because it didnt seem to be what I thought, but I believe it was "Frontier Drifter" and it wasnt just haunted skyway, "Explore important areas of cool ranch 21/21". For Sky Dragon I believe it was "Celestial Wanderer" "Explore important areas of Mooshu 18/18"

Last edited by Dr Zeppers; 09-12-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    Arrr!!!! It be a pirates life for me matey!!! - Dr Zeppers / Magus Zeppers
    Dr Zeppers Pirate Shantey's and more....
    Search for Skull Island TV on YouTube!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Zeppers For This Useful Post:

Corsair (09-13-2012)

destiny12 is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Yay great news I am looking forward to this

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I'm the same way... I haven't gotten any pet drops yet

Corsair is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

A couple of hours ago after doing side quests to look for "bugs" (some are still around ), I have finished my class companion Egg Shen's (Goose companion) epic upgrade at lvl 48 quest which was named "When East Meets West" and from that I received the Badges in Mooshu, which I also got the Sky Dragon pet! So as you have said mateys, that pet is received after getting the badges from the above companion quest (or any class first companion). As follows in order on my character notice board.

Badge name:

Received "Savior of Mooshu"
    Received Sky Dragon (here it was written that I got the pet)
    Received "Master and Commander"
    Received "Kaizoku no Sensei"

So it seems that each of us with any type of class we are and with different 1st lvl companion, we all get the quest for our companion's lvl 48 Epic upgrade quest.

Those who have received the Sky Dragon, do look in your character's notice board (we have 53 pages to check, it will be on the first page) and check to see what you receive between those 3 badges.

This post contains 3 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

Dr Zeppers is offline Sailor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Badge name:
    Received "Savior of Mooshu"
    Received Sky Dragon (here it was written that I got the pet)
    Received "Master and Commander"
    Received "Kaizoku no Sensei"

So it seems that each of us with any type of class we are and with different 1st lvl companion, we all get the quest for our companion's lvl 48 Epic upgrade quest.

Those who have received the Sky Dragon, do look in your character's notice board (we have 53 pages to check, it will be on the first page) and check to see what you receive between those 3 badges.
    Yes, I knew this one was also based on a badge, many were confusing it with the Sky Snake pet, which it is not. I am sure I got the badges you referenced alongside my Sky Dragon pet.
    Arrr!!!! It be a pirates life for me matey!!! - Dr Zeppers / Magus Zeppers
    Dr Zeppers Pirate Shantey's and more....
    Search for Skull Island TV on YouTube!

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Ok, I hate to be a pain but here is the badge that I got upon entering Motherload Mine...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Badge.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	4539

And as you can see, no Jackalope pet...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My pet's in P101.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	4540

So I don't understand what happened.

Noaheli is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Noaheli's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Aurora
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Marleybone Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zeppers View Post
    Check your badges, see if you have the one for having been to all unique places in Haunted Skyway. I am positive I am right.
    As a matter of fact I am quite positive, because all I had to do to get my jackalope was enter the mine, got the badge for having visited all places, and the jackalope.

My friends got the jackalope on a quest I was along with them on. I didnt get it although I was in all the same battles.
    We reviewed our notification logs and saw the badge they got at the same time they got the Jackalope.

I checked the badge, I was still missing one location, I went to that location, and immediately without any battle, just upon entering the mine (the last place I needed), I got the badge, and the Jackalope pet. I watched it happen. I assure you it wasnt one of those "oh my whered i get this pet" moments. I saw exactly when I got the jackalope pet, when I got the badge. I assure you I was not in ANY battle.

In support of that situation... I just got a Sky Dragon pet for similar reasons in Mooshu, cant recall the badge right now while im at work.
    But got that pet as a badge reward too (again was not in any battle).

I also have an Ancient Spirit pet.... it was DEFINATELY a drop. lol

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I am now thinking this pet may have been a "badge" reward as I have seen other pets. Just wish the notification log retained all its entries, lol so I could pinpoint where I got my Armadillo.

Frankly, its the best pet in the game, it does 2-3x more damage than any other pet i've seen, and I have the Jackalope, Sky Snake, Spider, Buffaloon, Chameleon, Sky dragon, and Ancient Spirit pets (besides my armadillo pet).

Edit: Will check my badges tonight and add them here... so someone may be able to confirm.
    Edit: Well I had a hard time finding it because it didnt seem to be what I thought, but I believe it was "Frontier Drifter" and it wasnt just haunted skyway, "Explore important areas of cool ranch 21/21". For Sky Dragon I believe it was "Celestial Wanderer" "Explore important areas of Mooshu 18/18"

I checked last night. I have 20/21 for Cool Ranch. I flew to all the places listed on the maps to re-trace what I've done to discover the 21st spot. It has to be from a side quest.

I have all Mooshu but don't have the Dragon pet. I do have the quest for East Meets West so I can finish that and see if that does, in fact, deliver the dragon.

I also don't have all of Skull Island or Monquista. I wonder if you have to have them all before the subsequent pets are awarded?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast