Pirateer101 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

For Nelson! - An illustrated guide to The Wreck of the Victory

Greetings pirates! This is a guide to the most epic final fight in Marleybone. This fight takes place in the Trafalgar Vortex and there are a few key pointers about this location:

1. All fights are Epic Battles
    * It is recommended to use these two companions:
    A) El Toro because of his Esprit de Corps power that adds an additional 25% accuracy and dodge to all team mates.
    B) Gracie Conrad because of her Land Mine and War Golem powers.

2. There is a Life Fountain on the stern of the Victory

This is a map of the entire area: [Impressive isn't it?]

Your first fight consists of a mixture of Armada Troops and Muskateers. These guys are more tough then the ones you encounter at Beachhead because they have more health.

After they are defeated clear the debris and make your way down the stairs where a few Soldiers are trapped by debris:

When this battle starts you will be hopelessly outnumbered, what's worse is that Battle Angels [much tougher than the ones at Beachhead] join the fray:

To survive you must free the trapped Soldiers so they can help even the odds. To free them all you have to do is destroy at least one Fire Debris blocking them in. [See picture up top]

After the battle you must interact with the cannon to blow a hole in the wreck of the Executioner. Then you have to make your way up the stairs to yet another battle; this time it's a battle involving Dragoons!

While these guys are tough and have a hidden "cheat" called Steely Resolve which allows them to use that hand-cannon of there's. In order for them to use this they have to be attacked with RANGED ATTACKS. This includes attacks from Shooty Weapons as well as attacks from Staffy Weapons & Witchdoctors' ranged attacks.

When the Dragoon's are dealt with and making your way up the stairs to the deck of the Executioner where the final confrontation with Rooke will commence:

This is the size of the Battle Board that consists of a mixture of Dragoons, Battle Angels, Armada Muskateers and Troops:

The Victory Conditions are: Protect Admiral Nelson [who is assisted by various allies] and Defeat Rooke

There are a few key pointers to this fight:

1. When Admiral Nelson is at 50% health he will automatically be healed by his allies if there are any remaining.
    2. Rooke has his own set of "hidden cheats" that are not as obvious as some:
    A) Counter Gambit: Exactly unknown of how this triggers but it allows Rooke to attack more than twice the same round on the same target.
    B) Over Protection: When an enemy approaches Rooke he "knocks back" that enemy two squares. It is also worth noting that this attack can critical, but the damage is minimal.
    C) Rookeachet: When attacked with a Shooty weapon Rooke "ricochets" the attack to a random enemy. It is also worth noting that this attack can critical, but the damage is moderate.
    D) Swift Retribution: When being attacked with Staffy attacks Rooke calls in two Battle Angels who swarm in and pelt you with attacks.
    E) Rooke has a passive power called "Guarded" this means that when any of his allies move near him they are "Guarded" and have an extra protection of armor.
    3. Rooke is immune to all Battle Board traps/hazards!

When Rooke is defeated he gets away but only for a short while:

After talking to Admiral Nelson you have to make your way back to the stern of the Victory where the first fight took place. Once there you're instructed to light the fuse, but before you can do so Rooke intervenes:

This time he has more health but is only accompanied by Armada Muskateers and Warriors:

He also retains his "cheats" from the previous encounter with some differences:

A) Rooke no longer has his "Guarded" talent.
    B) His Over Protection lasts about 5 rounds before it goes away permanently.

After Rooke is defeated he stays defeated for good! Simply board your ship and return to the War Room to move on to Aquila.

Stay tuned for my next guide: A guide to the Central Core of Beachhead!

This post contains 4 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pirateer101 For This Useful Post:

auntiesocial (06-24-2013),nesogra (06-25-2013),Peanut Butter King (06-25-2013)

captainkidd is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: For Nelson! - An illustrated guide to The Wreck of the Victory

I am just quoting from Nigel Thornberry here "Lord Nelson's Trousers!" what a wonderful guide. Very nice job I will be sure to use this when I reach Rooke.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to captainkidd For This Useful Post:

Pirateer101 (06-25-2013)