Fanning the Flames-Illustrated guide to Eep-Opp-Ork-Ah-Ah.
Hello everybody, flash33 here and today I'm bringing you a guide to the troggy boss known as Eep-Opp-Ork-Ah-Ah. Now this boss you access through the main quest in order to rescue Criado. Both are in the instance known as Sacrifice Cave as shown below.
Before you fight the boss, the gold mine funky bunch is located here as shown below, so make sure to pick it up so you don't have to come back for it later (you can see it almost as soon as you walk in).
Treasure chest's also appear here every now and then in these 2 locations (also they apparently respawn if you wait long enough, at least the waterfall treasure chest does).
The fight is actually an epic battle and as such has some unique conditions. The first conditions as well as the boss's stats are shown in the photos below. Note that Eep can be fought at any of these 3 levels, so don't be surprised if a fight is longer or shorter than other fights.
A good way to tell which version you'll fight is to look at his name tag (provided you fight him around the level you normally fight him at (i.e. lv.13-15)). If it's yellow, then you'll fight either the lv.10 or lv.11 version, and if it's orange, then you'll fight the lv.12 version.
Like Criado said right before you begin the fight, if a troggy goes down, then another one will take it's place next turn provided there's at least one bonfire left untouched. Once the bonfire's are gone, no more troggies will appear and you're free to attack.
Now Eep has a pretty dangerous power called Assassin's Mist as shown below.
True to it's name, this power will attack up to 9 enemy targets and poisons them, dealing damage at the end of each round over 3 rounds, starting on the turn it's cast. A poisoned unit will have the following icon appear in their buff/debuff window like so.
If you're not careful, this power can do pretty big damage to your units, especially if they're constantly bombarded with enemy attacks.
A couple things to note about Assassin's Mist.
1. Since it's an epic power he can only use it once per battle.
2. He can use this power on both blue and yellow (companion and allied) units.
3. Since this requires him to go into melee range to use it, the epic "Repel Boarders" will activate before he uses Assassin's Mist.
4. He can use this at any time, even as early as round one (he has used it in round one before).
I've also noticed that for whatever reason, Eep always likes to go to this space right here.
I'm not sure why he likes to go to that space, but he always seems to go there during the fight and then proceed to stay there for the remainder of the fight, never moving and only attacking from there. He will always eventually go to that space unless there's another unit or obstacle already on that space, at which point he'll stay on the space next to them until his "end space" is no longer occupied by a unit or obstacle.
After the fires are put out, your next goal is to defeat all enemies. Simple right? Wrong. While you can still attack Eep, you must defeat the minions first, as when Eep drops into the yellow (approx. half his health) he uses a talent called sacrifice. With this talent, he will use a jobu's breath attack on one of his teammate's, killing them instantly, while at the same time bringing Eep back to full health as shown below.
This can get annoying really fast if you're not careful, and while it takes out his minion, he'll be fully healed because of it. Once his minions are all finally gone, he'll be unable to use sacrifice again, as he can only use it when there's at least one troggy minion left on the field.
Some things to note about sacrifice.
1. If you use a spell that hits multiple enemies and will trigger Eep's sacrifice, if one of the minions doesn't get hit with your attack, then that enemy is the one that'll get sacrificed.
2. Sacrifice won't work if when there's just Eep and a minion left and both get hit by the same attack, the minion dies in that attack. This is due to the fact sacrifice requires a living sacrifice to be use, and if the final living sacrifice dies in the attack that would also normally trigger Eep's sacrifice, the epic won't work. This is kinda hard to explain but I think you get the general idea of how this works.
3. From what I've noticed, he seems to use sacrifice on the minion with the most health, meaning that if there's 2 minions and one's about to die, he'll sacrifice the healthy one and not the wounded one.
4. Strangley/oddly enough, sacrifice can actually crit. Although in this case it really makes no difference seeing as he gets all of his health back anyways, it's still strange to see it happen.
*5. I've noticed that Eep's health can go slightly into the yellow without triggering sacrifice, but upon being sucessfully attacked again, sacrifice will trigger so long as the above requirement is met. Note that I've only been able to do this once, but still it's nice to keep this in mind should you encounter this like I did that one time.
6. You can conteract sacrifice by doing an attack that will take him out before sacrifice has time to activate. This comes easy at the higher levels, but at lower levels, it's honestly better to just take out the minions first then focus your attacks on Eep.
*Below is the picture showing the situation I described in note 5.*
Defeat Eep like you would any other enemy after this and there you go, boss fight completed.
For your troubles, you not only get the Grill Boss badge, but you also discover the Troggy Chief Tamer badge as shown below.
You unlock the option to buy the boss from the crowns shop (4495 crowns cost) after getting the badge. Eep's companion version is shown below, and yes, since he does have promotion quests, he does appear in tavern cellars. Like other companions, he starts out a few levels above your current one (in Eep's case, 2), and since I was lv.14 at the time, his lv.16 stats are shown in the photo below.
Some of the items you can get from this fight are shown below (for a list of more items, check my album titled "Sacrifice Cave Drops").
There you go, my guide to the sacrifice cave. If you have any comments on it then please leave them below. I hope you enjoyed this and as always thank you for your time.