PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Disloyal's Null-ARGH-Fication

Attention level 65 pirates!!

We have a brand new tournament for you to help ring in the New Year.

This tournament was taken from our very own Disloyal's idea in our tournament idea thread. This is sure to be a fun new addition to our rotation of tournaments.

Rules:

You may null (or take away) 1 power and 1 companion from your opponent. These nulls can change each match per round, so be prepared to change your strats from match to match!

Normal tournament rules do apply here as well and can be found
    HERE.

A list of powers, per class, is located below for your convenience. If you see anything missing (we did not include powers solely from gear on purpose), then please let me know.

Swashbuckler:

Assassin's Gloom, Assassin's Mist, Assassin's Shroud, Assassin's Strike, Back Stab, Black Fog, Dance of Steel, Gallant Defense, Gambit of Steel, Grand Shadowdance, Hurl Blades, Hurl Knife, Shadowdance, Sneak Attack, Swashbuckler's Stab, Walk in Darkness, Walk in Shadows

Buccaneer:

Brutal Charge, Highland Charge, Kraken's Coils, Kraken's Lament, Leviathan's Call, Mighty Charge, Mighty Strike, Reckless Frenzy, Shark's Fury, Triton's Song, Vicious Charge, Whale's Might

Musketeer:

Bear Trap, Bonfire Shot, Bounding Overwatch, Canister Shot, Case Shot, Claw Trap, Cloud Spirit, Cyclone Round, Grape Shot, Hail of Cannonballs, Hurricane Round, Incendiary Shot, Inferno Shot, Powder Monkey's Palisade, Quick Shot, Rain of Mortarshells, Raise Barricade, Scatter Spike, Sky Spirit, Snap Shot, Storm Round, Suppression Fire, Tempest of Torpedos, Uncanny Shot, Wind Spirit

Privateer:

Artillery, Battle Zeal, Call to Arms, Calm the Troops, Discipline, Dress the Line, Enduring Discipline, Espirit de Corps, Fighting Fevor, Focus Fire, Gunnery, Rally, Rallying Call, Refresh, Regroup, Reinforce, Revive, Rouse, Steady Speech, The Big Guns, Tower of Iron Will, Valor's Armor, Valor's Fortress, Valro's Shield

Witchdoctor:

Big Juju, Bone Chant, Cadaver's Chanty, Chain Lightning, Charm, Crow's Song, Davy Jone's Reach, Evil Eye, Eye Swarm, Ghostwail, Great Juju, Hoodoo Touch, Jobu's Breath, Jobu's Embrace, Jobu's Kiss, Juju, Mojo Blade, Mojo Blast, Mojo Reaver, Mojo Storm, Mojo Strike, Mournsong, Mutineer's Grasp, Ocuboros, Purge Magic, Raven's Cry, Shadow Step, Soulreaver, Stygian Chorus, Vulture's Gift, Widow's Touch, Wyvern's Song

Click
    HERE to find companions sorted by their classes.

Now then, you may be wondering what sort of loot you can make off with in this tournament. We have a great bounty of prizes available!!

1st Place - 10k crowns, 75fg and 1 tournament win
    2nd Place - 5k crowns and 50fg
    3rd Place - 2k crowns and 25fg
    4th Place - 2k crowns

Click
    HERE for direct access to the tournament's page!!

Each round of this tournament will last only a week (7 days). Be sure to get your matches completed in a timely manner. Due dates for each round will be located directly above the brackets once they are set. Please ensure your duels are completed by then. If you need an additional day or 2, please let me know.

If you have any issues navigating this new system, here is a
    GUIDE for your convenience.

The tournament master for this tournament is
    Celestialmoon. You can contact myself or utilize the Support Ticket system for any questions or concerns you may have about this tournament.

We wish each of you the best of luck in this competition!

Happy Dueling
    !!
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 01-01-2014 at 01:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Disloyal (01-01-2014),Lucas Walker (01-01-2014)

Lucas Walker is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Re: Disloyal's Null-ARGH-Fication

My favorite Wizard101 Central tournament has found its way to Pirate101, hooray!

P.S. You wrote Dress the Link, instead of Dress the Line. However, I do agree that Link and Power Link need flashier animations on Wizzy.
    Last edited by Lucas Walker; 01-01-2014 at 12:35 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucas Walker For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-01-2014)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Great catch, Lucas! lol Guess I had my W101 hat on while trying to juggle P101 stuff when it came to that "link/line" thing. lol *goes to fix it*

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Lucas Walker (01-01-2014)

CunningJustinSilver is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Relaxed

Questions if I may.

Lets say i'm facing a Swashbuckler, so then I ban him/her from using his Assassin's Strike but he has gear that gives him another Assassin's Strike. Does the ban count for only one of Assassin's or for both? Same thing for Witchdoctors with their Mojo Storms. Lets say they have gear that gives them an extra one Mojo Storm, does it count for both or only one?

Now what if my opponent bans me from using a Valor's Fortress, can I equip one from my gear and use that Valor's Fortress for that match?

Lastly, can they ban powers that I acquire from my gear? Say, like a Back Stab or a Vicious Charge when i'm a Privateer. If so, then I can ban powers they acquire from their gear.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by CunningJustinSilver View Post
    Questions if I may.

Lets say i'm facing a Swashbuckler, so then I ban him/her from using his Assassin's Strike but he has gear that gives him another Assassin's Strike. Does the ban count for only one of Assassin's or for both? Same thing for Witchdoctors with their Mojo Storms. Lets say they have gear that gives them an extra one Mojo Storm, does it count for both or only one?

Now what if my opponent bans me from using a Valor's Fortress, can I equip one from my gear and use that Valor's Fortress for that match?

Lastly, can they ban powers that I acquire from my gear? Say, like a Back Stab or a Vicious Charge when i'm a Privateer. If so, then I can ban powers they acquire from their gear.
    We only listed trained powers and not those solely from gear because we want the focus of nulls to be on those trained powers, not powers from gear. If a trained power is nulled, then it's out of that match period meaning you can wear a gear piece that offers the power but NOT use the power from that gear piece.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 01-01-2014 at 01:37 PM.

quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Can a power from gear be nulled? For example, if a privateer has multiple assassin strikes from gear, can they all be nulled?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to quentin For This Useful Post:

CunningJustinSilver (01-01-2014)

Lucas Walker is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Can a power from gear be nulled? For example, if a privateer has multiple assassin strikes from gear, can they all be nulled?
    Gonna go out on a limb and say no. CelestialMoon said the TMs want the nulls to be focused on trained powers. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not a TM so it's not my call.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucas Walker For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-01-2014)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Nulls can not be based on gear powers, only trained. The only way it could be nulled is if that is the trained power nulled for an opp. If it is, then they won't be allowed to use it if it is on gear. Again, we're not trying to focus the nulls based on gear. We're using trained powers to go off of. So if you face a Swash and null Assassin's Strike, they can't NOT use it if they have it on gear. If you face a Priv and they have Assassin's Strike on their gear, you can NOT null it since it's not a trainable power for classes other than Swashes.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 01-01-2014 at 02:42 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Lucas Walker (01-01-2014)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Technically, Swashbuckler's Stab is not a trainable power, only certain companions (Sarah, Lucy, Kobe, Wagyu) have it.