Thread: buccaneer

piratebattlecloud is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

buccaneer

Is Swashbuckler a good side-school for buccaneer?

ideainsanity12 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: buccaneer

I would recommend trying Privateer, instead. Privateer has some pretty good heals. Unsure about swashie. I'll try and see if it's recommended.
    Last edited by ideainsanity12; 02-25-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Darius is offline Deck Swabber

• Darius's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Scurvy Darius Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Get everything from privateer, everything for swashbuckler after, and then train witchdoctor.

Scurvy Darius Hawkins
    , Clever Darius Blake, Wicked Darius Holystone, Slick Darius Finch, Perilous Darius Vane

piratebattlecloud is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

my bucc has like 1 attacks at level 20

Cedric Young is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

You don't want to have a "side-school." If you go that route, you're bound to train powers that you'll never use, and talents that you'll get little use out of. Instead, you want to get the good talents/powers from a variety of the schools. A good starting place would be either Swashbuckler or Privateer (I'd suggest going Swash first since you're a Bucc).

From Swashbuckler you can get Back Stab which a great attack power at the beginning of the game, and is still pretty good later on. Train the Rough/Fast/Dodgy talents as well (Rough-Damage, Fast-Movement Range, Dodgy-Dodge). They're really nice to have on all classes, but Fast/Dodgy is better for Swash/Bucc since they're constantly moving around and are usually targeted by multiple enemies (When not hidden).

As for Privateer, you'll want Rouse (A good basic healing power), the Slashy talents (Since you'll probably be using Smashy/Slashy weapons for the most part), and maybe Elusive, Valor's Shield, and Gunnery. The reason I say maybe for those is because Buccs rely on Vengeance Strike for a lot of their damage, and if you're dodging most attacks (Elusive increases dodge at half health) Vengeance Strike isn't triggering as often as you want it to be. Valor's Shield is pretty good, but Buccs get protection powers of their own that work as well and sometimes better for the most part than Valor's Shield. The only time Valor's Shield would really be better is when you're fighting Witchdoctors (No Bucc protection powers defend against Spooky attacks). Gunnery is pretty good, but most of the time you'll be charging into the action first-round instead of sitting back and casting gunnery.

You could train some Witchdoctor powers if you want, but honestly the only one I like is Ghostwail (Because of the infinite range and pretty good damage). I don't like it on Melee classes very much though, because as stated above, you're usually charging into the fray first round. If you feel like it suits your style though, go ahead and train it.

There isn't very much to get from the Musketeer trainer honestly. I believe that you'll get the accuracy talents while training the Swash talents, and the only thing worth noting (Unless you go with a Smashy/Shooty set-up) are the traps, which again don't really fit Bucc's style, and it takes a lot of practice points before you can get a trap power.

This is just my opinion, so you may disagree with some parts of it. If you do, go ahead an train what you think would be best. These are just some general suggestions, and may not work as well for one person as it does for another.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cedric Young For This Useful Post:

Beatriz Abbott (02-26-2014),Kota<3 (06-20-2014),Row4n (02-26-2014)

CSHildebrand is offline Lookout

• CSHildebrand's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dashing Chris Kidd
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Relaxed

I have talents from other schools for my level 65 buccaneer. They are all helpful in battle.