•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Amused

New Update

Now first, I'm not sure if this is in the right place because it does mostly talk about pvp but also includes what's in test realm so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway. So with the new whole power updates and pet updates does this mean we're about to just turn into a wizard101 mistake #2? I mean adding powers to pets!?! I feel KI is just gonna release pets again with OP powers! That's just stupid! it gets a total of 3-4 powers! If the pet system is like that, kinda confusing having our class powers then pet powers for new players, if they mean like abilities for pet vs pet combat then they should change pet powers to pet power or something. else Next thing we know breeding will make pets which give 4 valor forts (You might think "No, they wouldn't", but knowing KI. Yes, just not now.)

Also with the whole new update on buffs and making our big buffs now last for 3 turns that kills off a lot of strategy and makes it harder for us to beat privateers and there big buffs. That's essential for a match vs privateers to be able to stack big buffs that last for 10 turns now lasting 3! That's really a bad move I have to say. Now it's harder for us to get around there solid forts and bulky companions.

Now I do have to say adding the damage to the cards was prob the only good thing they did for power updates. That allows us to be way more technical and advance on strategies more for the future.

So what could they do to make things better? 1, put buffs back to the way they were. It allowed a lot more strategy and with whales might being changed makes buccaneers go right back down to the ground in tier 2 so they just destroyed the entire idea of how to even the classes up. Good job KI it's storm with crit all over again! Making the same mistakes twice. 2, how about instead of nerfing stat buffs you nerf protection buffs, I think instead of bringing great juju to 3 turns was a bad idea how about you bring it up to 5 or back to 10 then bring fortress to 3 turns.

So that's it for my rant and ideas. Tell me what you guys think/believe on the whole situation regarding this. Do you think it will majorly effect pvp or no? Also don't judge me if I got timing of the updates wrong and some where already in effect. I stick by the statement either way.
    Last edited by Technomage; 04-08-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart l Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: New Update

I don't know, I see Privateers being easier to defeat as their buffs were nerfed also. While they can stack up longer lasting small buffs this is much less of an impact than stacking 10 round 50% buffs with all their other 10 round buffs. Depending on the size of the battleboard(haven't had a chance to see yet how much it was reduced) this opens more options to both early pressure and retreat. I can understand the logic as to why the will/agi/str buffs were reduced in duration as they now add on to both chaining chance AND critical chance a huge change. As for pets I still don't fully understand the system or the impacts so any comments at this time would be premature. The duration of powers will also affect gameplay in terms of discarding. One may not necessarily discard as frequently as the used to leading to an increase in deck clutter and power uncertainty. People may actually have to start making real sacrifices that could impact the course of the battle, thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Guardian1159 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

While the buff changes are going to do their job and weaken privateers.. it's the witchdoctors who will suffer... great juju is going to become more or less useless...the price of regrouping to cast it is jsut too great in pvp most of the time... this will force WD's to move more.. but it really hurts the current way myself and others play... i might just end up switching to a melee WD to get the most use out of them...

Technomage is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Technomage's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian1159 View Post
    While the buff changes are going to do their job and weaken privateers.. it's the witchdoctors who will suffer... great juju is going to become more or less useless...the price of regrouping to cast it is jsut too great in pvp most of the time... this will force WD's to move more.. but it really hurts the current way myself and others play... i might just end up switching to a melee WD to get the most use out of them...
    My friend Paul told me team epics became unlimited, if that's true then musketeers are gonna come back to tier 1/3 instead of sitting in the middle barely pulling through lvl 65 pvp.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart l Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy

Alex Deathflame is offline P101C Tournament Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Technomage View Post
    My friend Paul told me team epics became unlimited, if that's true then musketeers are gonna come back to tier 1/3 instead of sitting in the middle barely pulling through lvl 65 pvp.
    This is not true. While the Team Epics no longer show the duration on the card, the duration is still there when you use them (3 turns). At least this was the case when I tested Suppression Fire, not sure about the rest.

Dead-Eye Alex Hawkins (65 Musketeer) | Silent Alex Hawkins (65 Swashbuckler) | Trustworthy Alex Hawkins (65 Privateer)
    Gruesome Alex Hawkins (65 Buccaneer) | Wicked Alex Hawkins (65 Witchdoctor)

Technomage is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Technomage's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Deathflame View Post
    This is not true. While the Team Epics no longer show the duration on the card, the duration is still there when you use them (3 turns). At least this was the case when I tested Suppression Fire, not sure about the rest.
    Ok ty, I don't use a musketeer so couldn't test it myself. Was just going by what I was told.