•  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Heavy
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Inspired

Re: Do buccaneers do a lot of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Captain Hammer View Post
    Mind posting your gear? Working on my Bucc and your stats are incredible.
    I created an Album on my profile with all the gear, I share this gear with my swashbuckler as well.

Sigy and Avi by BURRELL
    DADITH Collector of no auction gear all classes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DADITH For This Useful Post:

Soul Captain Hammer (06-30-2014)

Shadronica is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I too use the gear with swashbuckler cards on it. It is most effective. Heaven knows how long it took for me to farm all the right gear though Lol

Hoodoo Mystic is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Buccaneers have the highest base damages of any class.The only reason why swashbuckler sare said to do more is that their powers plus their damage is higher than a buccaneer power plus their damage.But they are really strong.Love that raw power myself :P

Level 65 Witchdoctor Level 65 Musketeer Level 65 Buccaneer
    Level 55 Swashbuckler Level 36 Witchdoctor Level 33 Privateer
    Artwork by Camille on Wizard101 Central. Dese-s-Designs

conhan3 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• conhan3's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Whiffy Lucas Burke
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Insomnious

HI!

Basically I look at them all the same. It all depends on how you pick and choose and build your characters. Mix and match bundles, crown items, tribal packs. or farming for epic gear, and knowing how to use your weapon bonuses and where you were raised bonus talents. Example: Spooky is also used for healing and bombs, Will power is also used to boost your traps . Since the update King Isle has increased the chances of you getting your class items, That means higher Chances at non Auction items for your class VS the other non equipped class. So if you know of any place to get that epic - ability boosting, stat crushing items . Heres your chance, who knows how long it will last. Another example: my Musketeer stats with Shooty/stabby (Base 200, Range 0 with Agility bonus) is Agility 104/100, Armor 56, Accuracy 160, Dodge 96, Resist 32 Weapon Damage 327 (it was around 340 before the update). When faceing more difficult opponents- With a quick change of a hat and weapon i can go to (Smashy/Shooty Base 192, Range 3, Armor 14+, Agility Bonus) Agility 94/100, Armor 102, Accuracy 174, Dodge 96, Resist 32 Weapon Damage 302.

DADITH is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• DADITH's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Perilous David
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Heavy
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by conhan3 View Post
    HI!

Basically I look at them all the same. It all depends on how you pick and choose and build your characters. Mix and match bundles, crown items, tribal packs. or farming for epic gear, and knowing how to use your weapon bonuses and where you were raised bonus talents. Example: Spooky is also used for healing and bombs, Will power is also used to boost your traps . Since the update King Isle has increased the chances of you getting your class items, That means higher Chances at non Auction items for your class VS the other non equipped class. So if you know of any place to get that epic - ability boosting, stat crushing items . Heres your chance, who knows how long it will last. Another example: my Musketeer stats with Shooty/stabby (Base 200, Range 0 with Agility bonus) is Agility 104/100, Armor 56, Accuracy 160, Dodge 96, Resist 32 Weapon Damage 327 (it was around 340 before the update). When faceing more difficult opponents- With a quick change of a hat and weapon i can go to (Smashy/Shooty Base 192, Range 3, Armor 14+, Agility Bonus) Agility 94/100, Armor 102, Accuracy 174, Dodge 96, Resist 32 Weapon Damage 302.
    Really cool I have all pirate classes sometimes i unequip everything just for the challenge. theres so many different ways to play each pirate class.

Sigy and Avi by BURRELL
    DADITH Collector of no auction gear all classes

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Young View Post
    My friend keeps on saying that there weak but I wanna know if they are typically a strong class
    Depends on how you play. If you are expecting to just run up and smash the enemy you aren't going to be getting the high numbers. To get high damage you need to do one of the following...
    1) Abuse the epic system. Bucc, with up to rank 3 veng, can get many extra attacks in by purposely triggering enemy epics. Since veng deals extra damage over the normal hit you will usually deal more damage than you take as many of the epics that are easy to trigger (such as first strike and repel boarders) deal roughly half damage. Add to that bucc's armor and shields and it's easy to end up on the right side of a chain.
    2) Consider the damage of your entire team instead of just the pirate. When properly played a tankier bucc can open up enemies with many dangerous epics by triggering them in a chain with veng. This allows you to use more higher damage but more frail melee companions (read swashbucklers with relentless >:D) that would otherwise go down too easily.
    3) Farm for gear with swashbuckler attack powers.
    4) Some combination of the above. I personally use 1&2 but 3 is the method you want to go if you want to see the big numbers. Bucc with 1&2 will deal a lot of damage but that damage will be spread out through the battle and come from companions instead of the pirate dealing a few big hits.
    Last edited by nesogra; 06-30-2014 at 12:57 AM.
    English.exe is unstable. Multiple errors are likely.

Captain! My Captain! Chain Theory Micromania

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nesogra For This Useful Post:

DADITH (05-30-2014),Milt (05-30-2014)

Redd is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I think buccaneer gives you "strength" because, most of the clothes I have, have a lot of strength.

Patrick. is offline Deckhand

• Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

I think people think of tank as weak, because of how ice is the tank in Wizard101 and is the weakest. I wouldn't go to that conclusion in Pirate101, the tank in Pirate101 isn't weak. As others have said, they're really quite powerful.
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

Darius is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Darius's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Scurvy Darius Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Actually buccaneers do th most damage out of every class in a certain phase. Buccaneers have the most damage dealing weapons and they do more damage in turn the tide rank 2. Also the possibility of buccaneers getting the third rank soon.

Scurvy Darius Hawkins
    , Clever Darius Blake, Wicked Darius Holystone, Slick Darius Finch, Perilous Darius Vane

bgmacaw is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Bucs were rather weak in comparison to other classes originally. That's why some people still think that they're weak. However, KI has improved the class epics considerably to help even things out. The only bad "fix" recently was the buff nerf that once again puts high level Bucs at a comparative disadvantage.

Gear also makes a big difference as well, especially obtaining those that provide Swashbuckler attacks and high armor. Positioning yourself to maximize your attacks also helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast