ValkoortheVictorious is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Companion Tasks- Specialization by Class

Hello everyone, I posted this in the middle of another thread and thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread with it so that maybe by some chance it may help some players with their companion task distribution and efficiency.

So, I did some investigating while resetting some companions and I discovered the following. (This may be common knowledge to many of you, but I am always a little late on breaking news type stuff) I figured that there may be others like me that weren't aware of this and it's always a good idea to offer up any bit of info that we think can help out a fellow pirate/player.

During my resetting of companions I realized that each class "specializes" in a certain companion task. By specializing, I only mean that they are able to apply multiple talent points to the same task, to gain extra ranks. Each class has only one Task (Plunderer, Scavenger, Pet Wrangler, Brawler, Cannoneer) that they can "specialize in" (besides the Scrapper talent) and apply multiple Talent Points to.

Here's what each class can train multiple ranks in those tasks and the benefits gained from the highest ranks currently available. (These were all obtained resetting maxed companions)

BUCCANEERS = BRAWLER (Can train to Brawler - Rank 3 = 25% more Companion XP from Brawlin')
    MUSKETEERS = CANNONEER (Can train to Cannoneer - Rank 3 = 25% more Nautical XP from Sailin')
    PRIVATEERS = PET WRANGLER (Can train to Pet Wrangler- Rank 2 = 15% faster when Pet Wranglin')

SWASHBUCKLERS = PLUNDERER (Can train to Plunderer - Rank 3 = 25% more gold returned from Plunderin')
    WITCHDOCTORS = SCAVENGER (Can train to Scavanger - Rank 3 = 25% faster gear return when Scavengin')

*** I believe that all classes can train to Rank 3 of the SCRAPPER talent- I have only trained Scrapper for purposes of testing this during resets, and then reset again without scrapper trained. I don't actually have any companions trained in the Scrapper talent as of right now.

By applying the above Task Talents to the appropriate classes for "undesirable" or Task designated companions, you can get the most "bang for your buck" and biggest/fastest returns for each respective class. I know many out there already may know this, so this is for those who may not have known.

Hope it helps bring in the goods a bit faster and make your pirate a bit richer as well!

Last edited by ValkoortheVictorious; 06-02-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: accidentally hit the ENTER key before done..ARRRGHH
    Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, LVL 65 Buccaneer

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ValkoortheVictorious For This Useful Post:

11Bobsing (06-02-2014),callingraven12 (06-02-2014),Eric Stormbringer (03-04-2016),fireball44 (11-09-2014),helena (10-23-2015),recklesspat (10-14-2015),Willowdreamer (04-12-2015)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Companion Tasks- Specialization by Class

I refer to this list regularly, so I thought it deserved a huge
    THANK YOU

to Valkoor for creating it! Hopefully, newer players who maybe never knew it was here can benefit from it as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious (03-04-2016)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Privateers can specialize in the Officer (Keel Haulin') Talent to Rank 3. I believe Witchdoctors can also get Pet Wranglin' 2. I have yet to find anyone who can get Pet Wranglin' Rank 3.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious (03-04-2016)

ValkoortheVictorious is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Privateers can specialize in the Officer (Keel Haulin') Talent to Rank 3. I believe Witchdoctors can also get Pet Wranglin' 2. I have yet to find anyone who can get Pet Wranglin' Rank 3.

Thank you for the huge "THANK YOU", Willow.

I almost forgot about this lil' ol' post/thread, as it's been some time since I posted it. I do think that there were a couple of minor tweaks/additions to the companions' "specialized" tasks since I first posted these. I'll make sure to update it with the Privy's training to Keel Haulin' 3 and the WD's with Wranglin' up to Rank 2 (maybe check other classes as well). I'll also see if I can go back, reset a couple companions, and check for any other task changes or possible ones that need to be added, as well.

Once again, I thank you for stopping in to give a nice little nod (a little while back-- which I missed ) and to provide the other helpful info.

Stay specialized!
    Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, LVL 65 Buccaneer