Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: SNACK ATTACK- A quick reference Pet Snack cheatsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy The Blesser View Post
    What do the numbers after the snacks mean?

Some great work her and awesome effort has gone into this, I can surely tell. Well done Valkoor.
    Chrissy: the numbers after the snacks are the level of the snack.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulPirate For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious (08-03-2014)

MaxDeGroot is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

So, am I reading this correctly? There are NO Universal snacks from Marleybone or Aquila?
    "No, Bonnie Anne, that is not all. I also want you to defeat all of the enemies this round, heal me and the crew up to full health, and...oh yeah, get me 100,000 gold while you're at it."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxDeGroot For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Hi Valkoor - your chart appears to be missing the gift card pets -- do you want to include those? I know the Crimson Crawlie loves Skull Island Desserts.

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

clearone232 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• clearone232's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Quick Pearl
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilan Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

Hey Valkoor! I just wanted to congratulate you for the feature in the newsletter! (This guide is really helpful! It definitely deserved it!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clearone232 For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Hey there @MaxDeGroot- yep, there sure aren't any Universal Snacks from Marleybone and Aquila....yet! I mentioned this and inquired about it to Ratbeard in this thread on the Boards, but didn't get a response. I think if they just add all of the Universal Snacks and one or two Universal Snacks from Marleybone & Aquila to all of the Snack Vendors, it will help a lot with easily being able to obtain/purchase at least a Snack that any of your pets will Like. I think KI may add them at some point.....at least I hope so!

@Willowdreamer Hi there Willow! Yeah, my chart is missing pretty much all of the gift card and holiday pets, since I don't have any of them yet, except for the Blue Ringed Walktopus, which oddly I can't find a LOVED combo for. I know it prefers Side Dishes but I have tried all worlds in other Snack classes and can't produce a Loved result- unless I just missed it. I haven't researched all of the card, bundle and holiday pets on the affiliated sites yet. either. I sure would appreciate any info on any that you or anyone else comes across and thank you for the Snack info on the Crimson Crawlie. I will get that added pronto!

Thanks again!

@clearone232 Why thank you very much Pearl, that is very kind of you! I am so glad that the Snack Cheat Sheet is helping friends like you and other players out. A lot of other people deserve the recognition as well since some of the data came from other sites and the work of many different people. I just can't mention all of them or the sites, because the get edited in my posts (I tried before)! I just took data from the various sites and my experiences and tried to make it super easy to reference and make feeding your pets a bit easier!

Thank you again Pearl!

This post contains 5 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by ValkoortheVictorious; 08-03-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: edited for mentions

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by ValkoortheVictorious View Post

@Willowdreamer Hi there Willow! Yeah, my chart is missing pretty much all of the gift card and holiday pets, since I don't have any of them yet, except for the Blue Ringed Walktopus, which oddly I can't find a LOVED combo for. I know it prefers Side Dishes but I have tried all worlds in other Snack classes and can't produce a Loved result- unless I just missed it. I haven't researched all of the card, bundle and holiday pets on the affiliated sites yet. either. I sure would appreciate any info on any that you or anyone else comes across and thank you for the Snack info on the Crimson Crawlie. I will get that added pronto!

Thanks again!
    North Wind Lion loves MooShu Main Course.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious (08-06-2014)

MaxDeGroot is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Several questions and suggestions:

1) Are the pets marked by their world of origin? I can't seem to find it.

2) Are snacks marked as to whether they are a main course, side dish, or dessert? Again, I can't seem to find that.

3) Does the Skrimshaw Drake like other Unknown snacks? Seems pretty obvious to me that the Skrimshaw Drake is from Avernus, the Valencian Oranges and Gears N Granola are from Valencia, the Potatoes Polaris are from Polaris, and the Dark S'Moors are from Darkmoore, which would explain why the Skrimshaw Drake doesn't like any of the other Unknown snacks, assuming it does not.

4) Could this chart be arranged in a grid format with the Meal Course as you have it and the World Of Origin going down? You could even divide each grid in half to put the pets in the top half and the snack in the bottom. That way you need only find your pet, and know that any snack in the same grid space will be loved, and any snack in the same row or column will be liked. You could even put Universal Snacks in all three Meal Course grids (marked Universal, so someone finding it in a grid not normally liked by their pet won't think their pet won't like it) and the El Doreetos in all of them.

Last edited by MaxDeGroot; 08-06-2014 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Updated information
    "No, Bonnie Anne, that is not all. I also want you to defeat all of the enemies this round, heal me and the crew up to full health, and...oh yeah, get me 100,000 gold while you're at it."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxDeGroot For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDeGroot View Post
    Several questions and suggestions:

1) Are the pets marked by their world of origin? I can't seem to find it.

2) Are snacks marked as to whether they are a main course, side dish, or dessert? Again, I can't seem to find that.

3) Does the Skrimshaw Drake like other Unknown snacks? Seems pretty obvious to me that the Skrimshaw Drake is from Avernus, the Valencian Oranges and Gears N Granola are from Valencia, the Potatoes Polaris are from Polaris, and the Dark S'Moors are from Darkmoore, which would explain why the Skrimshaw Drake doesn't like any of the other Unknown snacks, assuming it does not.

4) Could this chart be arranged in a grid format with the Meal Course as you have it and the World Of Origin going down? You could even divide each grid in half to put the pets in the top half and the snack in the bottom. That way you need only find your pet, and know that any snack in the same grid space will be loved, and any snack in the same row or column will be liked. You could even put Universal Snacks in all three Meal Course grids (marked Universal, so someone finding it in a grid not normally liked by their pet won't think their pet won't like it) and the El Doreetos in all of them.
    Hi there Max. The Cheat Sheet was meant to be a simple reference. I thought about doing it as a spreadsheet or grid format but to me a listing seemed simple enough. As for your questions I would gladly help you out to make finding the right Snack easier.
    "1) Are the pets marked by their world of origin? I can't seem to find it."

The simplest way to use this "guide" is to find your pet and note the two letters in parenthesis directly after the pet's name. The two letters are short for the pet's world Origin, or putting another way- the pet's preferred Snack world origin. Each pes is listed directly under the category or class (Main Course, Side Dish, Dessert) that they prefer. All you have to do is look at the Snack Class column directly above the pet you wish to feed. If you choose any Snack from that list, the pet is guaranteed to at least LIKE it. If you match the World Origin of both the Snack (the 2 letters in parenthesis that follow the Snack and it's Rank) and the Pet listed directly below Snack Class then the Pet will LOVE the Snack.

For example: You need to feed your Lion Fish a well deserved Snack. If you notice the Lion Fish is listed directly below the Main Course Snacks because it prefers/Likes Main Course Snacks. Also if you notice, the 2 letters after the Lion Fish are (MQ) for Monquista. So to produce a LOVED result, just pick a Snack from Monquista (2 letters next to Snack name, in parenthesis) listed under the Main Course Snacks. For this example you can choose Banana & Potatoes, Banana Creole, Banana Gumbo, etc.- for a LOVED result. Or choose any other Snack under the Header- Main Course not from Monquista and it will produce a LIKED result.

"2) Are snacks marked as to whether they are a main course, side dish, or dessert? Again, I can't seem to find that."

Right after this line- "NOTE- In parenthesis following the Snack name is it's Level and World Origin." you will see the 4 Snack Category/Class listed on the next row. Every snack listed directly under MAIN COURSE SNACKS is a Main Course Snack, every snack listed directly under SIDE DISH SNACKS is a Side Dish Snack, every snack listed directly under DESSERT SNACKS is a Dessert Snack and likewise every snack listed directly under UNIVERSAL SNACKS (All Like) is a Universal Snack.
    Just pick a snack under any Class listing and it will come from the class that it is listed under. Match the world in parenthesis from a snack with the world in parenthesis from a pet listed directly below that Snack Class and you will get a LOVED result.

"3) Does the Skrimshaw Drake like other Unknown snacks? Seems pretty obvious to me that the Skrimshaw Drake is from Avernus, the Valencian Oranges and Gears N Granola are from Valencia, the Potatoes Polaris are from Polaris, and the Dark S'Moors are from Darkmoore, which would explain why the Skrimshaw Drake doesn't like any of the other Unknown snacks, assuming it does not."

I believe that the Scrimshaw Drake follows the same principles as the other pets. With any pet match the letters/world initials in parenthesis that follows the pet, with the letters/world initials to produce at least a LIKED result. If that Snack happens to also fall into the Class listed directly above the pet, then the pet will LOVE it.

For example: The 2 letters after Scrimshaw Drake are (UK), which if you notice the yellow letters, states that it stands for Unknown. Potatoes Polaris are listed under Side Dish Snacks and also have the letters (UK) after the snack name. Feeding your Scrimshaw Drake the Potatoes Polaris will produce a LIKED result because the World Origins match. Same thing from feeding it Gears N Granola which is listed under Desserts. The world origins match so the Snack will be LIKED by the Drake. Currently there is no UNKNOWN origin for any Main Course Snacks (which the Scrimshaw Drake LIKES) so the only way to produce a LOVED result when feeding the Drake, is by feeding it the Rank 10 Snack, El Doreeto.

"4) Could this chart be arranged in a grid format with the Meal Course as you have it and the World Of Origin going down? You could even divide each grid in half to put the pets in the top half and the snack in the bottom. That way you need only find your pet, and know that any snack in the same grid space will be loved, and any snack in the same row or column will be liked. You could even put Universal Snacks in all three Meal Course grids (marked Universal, so someone finding it in a grid not normally liked by their pet won't think their pet won't like it) and the El Doreetos in all of them."

Of course it could be done, but it would take up a lot more room. The purpose of doing it this way was to minimize what your eyes had to sort through and to keep it as compact as possible. I wanted to keep it easy to read and able to printed onto one piece of paper, that way if someone wanted to Copy and Paste it and print it out, they would just have one simple sheet to look at. I think once you get use to it, you will find that it is very easy to use. Just find your pet, look at the Snacks listed directly above it and match the World Origin of both Snack and Pet for a LOVED result. I tried it with a spreadsheet but in order to maintain integrity when posting it to the Central Format and keep it to 1 page printing, the text would have had to been so very, very small and it just seemed so much more cluttered.

Thanks for your feedback, questions and suggestions and I hope these answers help you to be able to better use the Snack Cheat Sheet.

This post contains 10 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by ValkoortheVictorious; 08-06-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, LVL 65 Buccaneer

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ValkoortheVictorious For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (08-06-2014)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Hi Valkoor - as a fan who printed out your wonderful "cheat sheet" - I just have one suggestion as to the format. If you could add a line between the last snack name and the first pet name to reiterate the column names, that would be awesome. When I printed it as a two-sided page, the pets are all on the reverse and I hadn't memorized the order of the columns. (You wouldn't think MAIN, SIDE, DESSERT would be hard to memorize, but there you go! )

I refer to it constantly while training, thank you very much!

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Hi Valkoor - as a fan who printed out your wonderful "cheat sheet" - I just have one suggestion as to the format. If you could add a line between the last snack name and the first pet name to reiterate the column names, that would be awesome. When I printed it as a two-sided page, the pets are all on the reverse and I hadn't memorized the order of the columns. (You wouldn't think MAIN, SIDE, DESSERT would be hard to memorize, but there you go! )

I refer to it constantly while training, thank you very much!
    Great idea Willow! I will surely do that. When I first made it I had the margins set as small as they would go so everything fit onto one side of a piece of paper....but just barely. Since I have added a couple of pets, from Crown Shop and from you as well (Thank you), the lists have grown a bit more so they have "stretched" beyond the 1 side of paper limits (at least on a standard sheet).

I could shrink the text but it may get too hard to read. So I will do as you suggested to make reading from two side easier to reference.

Thank you for the suggestion and you are quite welcome. I am really glad that it has helped you out!

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, LVL 65 Buccaneer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast