•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Weapon power and healing

Better late than never I guess but... does weapon power actually matter in healing?

I'm into staffy weapons lately and I'm just using Moo Manchu staff from tomb (damage modified by will) because it has range 6 but is weak.

So I'm wondering if a staff with more weapon damage would make my heals better.

Edit: Actually, would it matter in anything? Maybe a buff or something...

Last edited by Silver Angel; 12-19-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Re: Weapon power and healing

Heals are boosted by Will/Spooky, same for your Valor's Armor. If you want to increase your heals, train into Spooky 2 from the Witchdoctor trainer, but of course the advantage about being a privy is that you get plenty of assassin gear from farming so having a melee weapon with that as well hits really hard and can help quest faster or if you're into pvp you would need that for 1v1/2v2.

But if you don't care about all of that also take note that your Gunnery power line is boosted by will, and that you have repel boarders as well. You have critical buffs and using Staff of Power from the Tower of Moo Manchu that is melee, slashy/staffy, gives +5 extra will, and gives an extra team epic of repel boarders. The thing about being a privateer is you get a lot more out of being a mixed class of being both Melee and having ranged powers to use, so don't forget about that side of Privateer and that they also hit hard.

But in general if you don't care about any of that... No, weapon power does not effect your heals negatively or positively. They're boosted by mostly Spooky and a bit of Will. Using a staff will increase the range of heals to 6 but wont boost your heals either.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

Silver Angel is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Silver Angel's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Silver Angel Holystone
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Weapon power and healing

Quote Originally Posted by Technomage View Post
    Heals are boosted by Will/Spooky, same for your Valor's Armor. If you want to increase your heals, train into Spooky 2 from the Witchdoctor trainer, but of course the advantage about being a privy is that you get plenty of assassin gear from farming so having a melee weapon with that as well hits really hard and can help quest faster or if you're into pvp you would need that for 1v1/2v2.

But if you don't care about all of that also take note that your Gunnery power line is boosted by will, and that you have repel boarders as well. You have critical buffs and using Staff of Power from the Tower of Moo Manchu that is melee, slashy/staffy, gives +5 extra will, and gives an extra team epic of repel boarders. The thing about being a privateer is you get a lot more out of being a mixed class of being both Melee and having ranged powers to use, so don't forget about that side of Privateer and that they also hit hard.

But in general if you don't care about any of that... No, weapon power does not effect your heals negatively or positively. They're boosted by mostly Spooky and a bit of Will. Using a staff will increase the range of heals to 6 but wont boost your heals either.

Yes I already have spooky 2. And thanks for the infos but no for the time being I'm only into support, so this is great I can keep farming the staff with witch hunter :D