HopeSoSure is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Angelic

Question Buccaneer Charater Creation Help

I have played lot of defensive playstyle a lot, I heard Buccaneer is both offensive and defensive playstyle, so i want to know about what is the best way to create new Buccaneer Pirate. I need a suggestion from those who had played Buccaneer a lot.
    Here is the Chart from the tutorial
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unnamed QQ Screenshot20150410123655.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	64347

Toa of Gallifrey is offline In the brig
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Fine

Re: Buccaneer Charater Creation Help

I recommend Shipwreck (Lost) for Lucky Jack Russell. He has both the best defenses and the best offensive capabilities of all the Presidio companions, what with having the ability to learn Blade Storm 2 and Relentless 2. By going off of Will, he can draw aggro and help you defend from Witchdoctors and enemy Privateers, as well as fight well against enemy Buccaneers. For adoptive world, I recommend Born Warrior for the extra damage, which is very handy. You can get pretty much anything other than Spooky, which will be mostly useless to you, since Tough (HP) can make you even bulkier (though I recommend any of the other 3 options, especially Damage), Keen Eyes helps your already good accuracy and Sneaky helps your already good dodge. It's a choice as to what you'd rather, personally I recommend Warrior but Keen Eyes and Sneak are also good choices.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; 04-20-2015 at 08:46 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toa of Gallifrey For This Useful Post:

HopeSoSure (04-22-2015)

Tanner is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Tanner's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Tanner Ward
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Raft
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

I would go with either Grizzleheim or Marleybone as the world you were raised.

Buccaneers are not a power-heavy class. They use a lot of "regular" attacks (from Vengeance Strike and Bladestorm triggers) which are governed by your accuracy and your target's dodge. Buccaneers would benefit from that extra bit of accuracy to help ensure that their bonus attacks hit.

The boost to health from Naturally Tough would help bolster your survivability slightly. It's percentage based and appears to be applied to your total health rather than just your base health. The bonuses that only give +5 to whatever help early on but become less significant as you get higher leveled. But because Naturally Tough is percentage based, the bonus stays relevant throughout the game. All the bonuses are ultimately minor, however.

Buccaneers have little use for spellpower so there is no need to go with Naturally Spooky. I personally wouldn't pick Naturally Sneaky: Buccaneers do want to get hit in order to trigger Vengeance Strike. We just want to keep the damage to a minimum with armor and the Triton's Song line of powers. The damage from Born Warrior is very helpful early on, but +5 damage becomes a lot less significant in the higher levels. Between extra accuracy and extra damage, I'd go with accuracy.

For companions I always go with Milo Greytail regardless of class. I'm not sure if he would be "the best" choice for Buccaneers since I don't have any real experience with the other choices. Milo does have access to Flanking, however, so he would pair well with a melee unit such as your Buccaneer character. He also had access to Relentless and very high damage because he is a Swashbuckler.
    "We've got the yum! Yo ho ho and all that." - Lieutenant Emmet

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanner For This Useful Post:

HopeSoSure (04-22-2015)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

For buccaneer pick health and jack russel as said above. I feel like the birth place is the most important choice for a char creation as that sticks with you forever and grows in your statistics with you if they ever expand on this game, health and spell power are 2 key factors that go up by 5% while the others just give you +5% so ya as you lvl up with GH being your home world you'll end up having way more health then you should naturally for your class.

For future reference I think the best home worlds for each class are:
    Musketeer - Spell (Krok)
    Swashbuckler - Spell (Krok)
    Privateer - Spell (Krok)
    Witchdoctor - Spell (Krok)
    Buccaneer - Health (GH)

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

HopeSoSure (04-22-2015)