bgmacaw is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Today's the (rumored) day

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobspirit View Post
    Way to go ki kicking us while we're down and losing massive profit looks like you truely fell apart without jtoddcoleman!
    Their future, as they see it, is mobile games. That's why they're hiring mobile game developers like crazy and probably reassigning existing resources to them. When they released Pirate, PC based MMORPGs were big. Now it's mobile games. It should be a profitable move for them although it will be disappointing for us. At least it looks like they're keeping their employees, unlike Disney who fired a bunch of experienced game developers and replaced them with cheap mobile coders.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bgmacaw For This Useful Post:

axel125 (05-14-2015)

1 Pirate Dad is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Unfortunately, I think I am going to have to agree with some of the others and cancel my membership. More than two years is too long to wait for an update. There is no point in paying for a membership when your characters are maxed out and I am tired of getting my hopes up just to be disappointed. I should have canceled after the Black Market release but I was holding out hope that book 15 was close behind. KI always said they are always looking out for there members but they are failing miserably. Sorry to be so negative but I hate feeling constantly disappointed with this company.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1 Pirate Dad For This Useful Post:

sniperafk (05-14-2015), thecannibalpizza (05-14-2015)

Paul is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

I don't know. I had enough fun with the Tower of Moo Manchu last summer>fall not to complain too much or bow about b/c of the length of time between updates. My patience will be rewarded handsomely soon enough, I'm sure.

Plus, frankly, it gives my Wizards time to beat Morganthe--KR was very "meh" for me and so I plod there.

Alohi34779 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Alohi34779's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fiery Kai
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Ghostly Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Cold

I would be surprised if today was actually the day of the actual update. Most of those things that they released like a year ago are just distractions keeping us away from leaving the game, but we might as well, because Pirate101 is dead, apparently.
    Forged by war and brutal strife, thus is born a viking life. We live to pillage, fight, and die upon the fields where warriors lie. Always free and never slaves. Our ancestors await us beyond their graves. Character profiles here

KMK524 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• KMK524's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Kimberly
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Heavy Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobspirit View Post
    Way to go ki kicking us while we're down and losing massive profit looks like you truely fell apart without jtoddcoleman!
    I agree that ever since Todd Coleman left KI, the Pirate game has gone downhill. He was a great leader and actually listened to his player base when we would ask him for things or have ideas to post on his face book page, and he would even take the time to reply to us This new group of people working on pirates give us things we don't even ask for or want like smugglers, doubloons, and all those other nonsense distractions, when we are all screaming for a NEW WORLD. This is getting really annoying now, and even though I have been a yearly member for many years on both games, I am about to give up my membership if I don't see a new world soon. I have been maxed out on everything for a long time now, and I feel cheated as a paying yearly member, not to mention all the crowns I buy, when I get no new content in return from KI. My advise to KI, not just as a member but from a marketing point of view, I suggest you get a test realm up soon with a new world, or risk a mutiny from all the angry pirates, who grow more angry with each passing day.

~EnVy Kimberly~
    Visit us on Team Envy Nation on YouTube

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KMK524 For This Useful Post:

axel125 (05-14-2015), kanthedestroyer (05-16-2015), sniperafk (05-14-2015)

musketeer12234 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Sometime SOMETIME THIS MONTH! PLEASE! If not, than close Pirate101 down. What's the point of keeping a dead game anymore? it's like Toontown Online had allot of good and fun updates but stopped with them, eventually closing the game.
    Last edited by musketeer12234; 05-14-2015 at 02:30 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to musketeer12234 For This Useful Post:

Lady Murky (05-14-2015)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Based on the rumblings from the community seems as if this company is not listening to their client base.
    Here are few personal observations.
    I understand that development is a lengthy and costly process which has to make financial sense to the business.
    Clear communication of company plans and intentions to the client base is important to retain customer’s confidence and trust.
    The lack of clear communication to the customer base is causing lack of confidence and trust among the seasoned players thus causing loss of customers.
    Not seeing the numbers of customers on this platform it is hard to make an educated guess as if it is on a decline. I would assume that membership renewals on this system are down.
    It could easily be that is the intention of the company to phase out this platform to pursue other new technologies, however again this should be clearly communicated to the end user.
    My recommendations are for this firm to clearly communicate to their customer base without riddles or speculations their intentions for the future. I truly believe that this would greatly improve the company customer standing with their seasoned customer base.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dimage For This Useful Post:

Concordia (05-14-2015), DarkFire054 (05-14-2015), kanthedestroyer (05-16-2015), sniperafk (05-14-2015), thecannibalpizza (05-14-2015), toffeecakes123 (05-14-2015)

thecannibalpizza is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by dimage View Post
    Based on the rumblings from the community seems as if this company is not listening to their client base.
    Here are few personal observations.
    I understand that development is a lengthy and costly process which has to make financial sense to the business.
    Clear communication of company plans and intentions to the client base is important to retain customer’s confidence and trust.
    The lack of clear communication to the customer base is causing lack of confidence and trust among the seasoned players thus causing loss of customers.
    Not seeing the numbers of customers on this platform it is hard to make an educated guess as if it is on a decline. I would assume that membership renewals on this system are down.
    It could easily be that is the intention of the company to phase out this platform to pursue other new technologies, however again this should be clearly communicated to the end user.
    My recommendations are for this firm to clearly communicate to their customer base without riddles or speculations their intentions for the future. I truly believe that this would greatly improve the company customer standing with their seasoned customer base.
    Keep in mind though that this isn't the official pirate101 site, therefore we don't see much KI interaction. Someone should take screen pics and move this whole conversation to the message boards where someone from KI might see it and give us some reassurance

All we are, are little specs of dust, living on a grain of sand, floating in a sea of pebbles.
    ~ ending line to the short story, What We Are.

zingman is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Pensive

Hate to say it, but yesterday went totally like expected. Wasn't even cautiously optimistic about yesterday.

KI of late has never failed to disappoint -- about disappointing me/the playerbase.

Some "interesting" dates that have passed:

Blind Mew's "Where's Book 15" post: April 9, 2014

Last post by Blind Mew in the "Musings" Thread: May 7, 2014

Last post by Blind Mew at all: October 10, 2014

It's really disheartening if you dwell on it. Pirate (for me anyway) has a more engaging storyline than Wizards, a less monotonous style of combat with actual differences between the classes/fighting styles (all schools in Wizards are essentially the same -- blade-trap-hit). I'd really hate for this game to go away, but when the "major news" in a game is a solitary pet/mount, it gets really frustrating.

---

It makes me glad that I bought the game using crowns, as for the last two years there has been little/no content updates, but I haven't had to pay to keep playing (unlike if had a yearly membership). Nearly unlimited access to game, but no money to KI. My crowns balance has been slowly dwindling thanks to Moo Manchu, but I haven't spent a dime in over a year.

sniperafk is online now Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• sniperafk's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Brave Dylan
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilan Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Pensive

I personally have been on and off this game for about 2 years now, and I am sick of it. Hopefully Crowfall will be better seeing how J Todd Coleman is the director. However, not much can be said about pirates or wizards. Even though they are updating wizards because it is their main source of profit, if their mobile games go well then who knows what will happen. I guess if we don't get an update soon we might as well come to turns with this fact:

Pirate101: October 15, 2012- May 23, 2013

Also known as it's official launch date, and the Marleybone and Aquila update.

As for me, although it may be hard, must say goodbye to this game.

Sniperafk: October 21, 2012- May 14, 2015
    Brave Dylan- Level 70 Charming Dylan de Bouff- Level 70 Fearful Dylan Brewster- Level 70 Humble Dylan- Level 70 Cunning Dylan Devereaux- Level 70
    350/350 - 100%

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sniperafk For This Useful Post:

Alohi34779 (05-15-2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast