the Undead Obeah is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Shark's Teeth and Old Bones: A Story of Aryan and Omar

The scene was filled with an infinitude of possibilities to a young child's eye. He was on the verge of falling over the rail of the ship as they left the stormgate. The Monquistan sailors were yelling at the towering 14-year-old as they walked past, but the boy hardly recognized their existence. Some were muttering about whether they should just push him over, but a glare from the enormous boy was enough to silence them. After all, it was by this child's patronization that this whole adventure was possible. As the bones of a giant leviathan began to come into view, the boy's attention was drawn elsewhere.

"A beautiful scene, is it not, Master Donati?"

"Huh? Oh, yes! I'm so glad that you convinced me to help with this voyage."

"Oh, don't mention it. We should be the ones thanking you! The breeze is so refreshing after having to breathe the dry air of our homeland. Also, since we were wanted by the crown for high treason, we needed to get ou of their as fast as we could."

"Say no more, Señor Puerta. I'm simply glad to be of aid. Besides, you're not the only person on the run from higher powers, ex-Duke."

"Ah, the Church?"

"Technically some Lords, but also the Church in a way. It's rather complicated."

"Say no more! We're not here to ask questions. We should be landing in Puerto Mico shortly."

"Gracias, mi amigo. Es usted muy amable."

As the ship captain went off to yell at some of the slackers on deck, the young Alberto Donati continued to take in the skyway. However, his eyes couldn't move too far away from the leviathan skeleton moving across the landscape. As they sailed past it, he looked down towards his left arm and took a melancholy sigh as he examined his skin, as if looking for some scar that brought back painful memories. After a quick scan, he fixed his gaze on two pieces of jewelry, one a Krokotopian bracelet that clung to his wrist, the other an intricately carved ring of bone and obsidian. A smile soon returned to his face as he looked on at the approaching skull of the creature.

As he looked on, however, he noticed that there were several shacks strewn about the ribcage of the creature. As he tries to look closer, the ship moved away from the skeleton and was preparing to dock at the young Monquistan colony of Puerto Mico. While the ship drew neath the island, the boy took the time to straighten out his shirt, brush off the grime off his boots, and cover his head with a bandanna. He gathered up what little he brought with him and built up his composure. He knew that he would not be the most welcomed passenger onboard, it wasn't the first time he was subjected to their prejudice against freakishly large and hairless creatures by a long shot, but he guessed that there would be some work for the likes of him. There's always the dirty work no one wants to do and after all that he went through in Polaris, the work would most likely be laughable and probably more fun.

And then there was that small ramshackled town in the skeleton. What kind of things happened there? Who would he meet? What will he see? How long until they catch up? He didn't know and right now hardly cared. There was a whole new world waiting for him to explore and his eyes were crackling purple light in his anticipation.

Remember, ​he said to himself You've outwitted them for what's coming to be two hundred years. And I'm going to evade them for over two thousand more.
    Last edited by the Undead Obeah; 06-09-2016 at 05:38 PM.

"Les Esprits sourient sur mes travaux, et de nouveau, la Grande Cathedral montrera sa dévotion a eux."
    (the Spirits smile upon my works, and anew, the Great Cathedral will show it's devotion to them.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the Undead Obeah For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (02-19-2016)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Re: Shark's Teeth and Old Bones: A Story of Aryan and Omar

Not far from the town beneath the leviathan bones, a ramshackle dock creaks as several smuggling ships make port. In one such ship, the faint muffles of an argument could be heard. In the captain's cabin, or what should be the captain's cabin, the crew had gathered around one of their own. The crew member, in particular, is a hammerhead shark in threadbare clothes, various blades equipped, and a few tribal garment and designs on his scales. At this moment, he was staring down a Monkey who's deminer and air of authority over the others betrayed him as the ship's captain. After a long pause, the shark finally spoke.

"We had a deal!" He growled, "I help you raid ships, and you give me a share of the spoils!"

"True," the captain began "but that was also before you and your witchcraft nearly killed half of my crew. As far as I see it, your lack of payment is isn't my fault, but yours."

"Oh don't act so innocent! You were very much aware that my talent was dangerous and could react violently with some individuals. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it was you who has me rile up the boys and perpetually invoke my magic on them for every fight where we even begin to lose ground."

The brigands and scoundrels that made up the crew began murmuring among themselves, but they were all silenced with the captain clearing his throat.

"I've had enough of your rabble Aryan." He stated as he approached the Shark "Remember, without my help, you would still be shipwrecked on that forsaken island and probably be at the mercy of the Water Moles. Don't make me regret that decision. And for this insolence, I shall revoke your wages!"

Aryan was at first taken back at this but then began to laugh. A sense of unease fell across the crew including the now confused captain. While his left hand slapped his knee, it quickly snatched a small vial and hid it in his fist. Immediately after the old monkey's last sentence, he stopped laughing and proceeded to walk his way towards his "Captain". He towered above him, yet despite this, the Captain barely flinched.

"Is that so?" he cooed in a tone so gentle is caused the others to back away in fear "You really think that you can exploit my plight, extort my powers, and not give me my share of the loot. Boy, you go too far. I'll get out of your hair today, but first I'll have my just due!"

"Never! Why would I pay off a mutineer?!"

"Because you should know better than to cross the man who can turn your crew against you."

No sooner did he say this than he threw the vial to the ground, shattering it and spilling it's contents on the wooden floor. A few syllables later, Aryan's eyed turned red as a vaporous red light began to emanate from the evaporating puddle. The the eyes of a nearby Wharf Rat began to turn. Then a Crab. Then another Shark. The Captain looked in horror as the cabin filled with red smoke and the designs embedded into the lanky shark's scales began to pulsate with scarlet power.

Finally, the Sanguine Duelist known as Aryan raised his hand and uttered a string of words unfamiliar to the Monquistan. With haste, the possessed crew readied their weapons and turned towards the Hammerhead for guidance.

"You see," Began Aryan with a deviant smile that showcased his teeth, "I've been in contact with the blood of my companions long enough to be able to do this because of your constant utilization of my work. They'll probably know nothing after I get off here, but first thing's first. Where's my Payment?​"

"Les Esprits sourient sur mes travaux, et de nouveau, la Grande Cathedral montrera sa dévotion a eux."
    (the Spirits smile upon my works, and anew, the Great Cathedral will show it's devotion to them.)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Upon stepping on the precariously narrow docks, the boy called Donati took a deep breath and savored the new scents and aromas of this new world. He then felt like he wasn't getting enough air due to the humidity. Sure, he was used to warmer climates, but not so much ones this tropical and vibrant. Heck, Monquista was a walk in the park compared to the scorching heat of his old homeland. But that life was long past and he was looking to stay here for a good while.

Unfortunately, the fact that he towered over everyone else and was getting looks like he escaped a freakshow didn't really do much in helping him get a job. He was used to this treatment by now, but since his last Master, he now felt the need to keep his hands busy. As he was beginning to count some coins for a night's stay, something caused his ears to prick up.

"Psssst! Giant!"

Lifting his head up, his eyes darted around the marketplace looking for the source of the whisper. Finally, he found him, or rather, he was hit in the head by a stick so that the not-so-subtle whisperer could get the boy to turn around.

"Come over here. And lower down! I can't talk to you when your freakishly large body is attracting everyone's attention!"

Rolling his eyes, Donati crouched down in order to see this demanding money more eye to eye.

"Alright," the boy began "I'm more inconspicuous. Now what is it that you want?"

"I noticed that you just came here via that new ship there, no?"

"Si."

"And guessing that you've been wandering through the marketplace for the past hour or so, Your looking for work no?"

"And I'm guessing you have something for me to do. So, is it something too dangerous for you to do or do you want me to reach the high sleves without a ladder?"

"Very funny. But no, it's not me that's in the market for labor. But first, might I be able to know your name?"

"Donati Deve..."

"Your real name, if you will."

The boy was left speechless, but the monkey simply smirked and let his eyebrows raise ever so slightly. He caught out the false name in seconds.

"(sigh) Omar Djeserit."

"Oh, a Krokotopian? And a Djeserit no less?"

"Well, to be honest, I was a pit fighter. I took on the surname because I fought for the Djeserit Family in gladiatorial tournaments."

"That's even better! I know a person who's looking for people of your talents!"

"Oh really? Well, I might also be interested, but I know better than to take a job without knowing the details. What exactly does this employer want me to do?"

"She gave me explicit instructions not to go into specifics here. If you would like to know more, she's going to meet you in Scrimshaw. There she shall go in depth as to her job and you can then decide if you'll accept it or not."

Omar sat down and contemplated this for a moment. On one hand, he knew next to nothing about this benefactor and with his history was wary of dealing with people so cryptic. Never know if it's one of the traps that old Mander prides himself on. Still, he was able to get him and his peers caught up in a theocratic scuffle about bananas and trees and even banished a few before escaping, including Akil. Also, he was next to broke and was in dear need of money, so he really couldn't be picky about his clientele.

"Aright. However, I'm going to need some transportation to, Scrimshaw you said? I recently got here so I not how to get around here."

"Never worry! I'll get you there myself. It's really only across the skyway so it won't be too much trouble."

"Gracias. Oh, and by the way, does that skeleton over their happen to be near Scrimshaw?"

"Ugh. The leviathan skeleton is Scrimshaw!"

Before Omar knew it, he was jumping up and down with a giddy smile on his face. After realizing what in the name of Ra he was doing, he attempted to regain his composure, though it didn't stop the monkey from giving him a strange look.

"Sorry. Just got a little overly excited. SO, when do we leave?!"

"Give me a couple of hours. I need to sell everything off before we go."

That being said, Omar decided to wait by the docks until his transport was ready. While waiting, he gazed into the distance where the bleached white bones almost glimmered in the sunlight. As he continued to watch the skyway, his mind began to wonder what might it be like there. In the whole world, for that matter. He was barely able to contain his eagerness, especially when the monkey packed up shop and bade Imps follow suit to his raft.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the Undead Obeah For This Useful Post:

Anne Radcliffe (05-10-2016)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Aryan was sitting at a corner table of a ramshackle old tavern made out of the rotting wood of a beached ship. He was drinking some foul concoction that he didn't even want to know what the old barkeep put in it. The times before Yum weren't the best drinking times, but Ol' Mr. Tipps made sure his patrons were given something consumable, albeit usually hard to swallow.

The Shark, however, hardly cared about the foul taste. He was preoccupied with his new state of affairs and how he was now stuck in the shadow of a Leviathan's skeleton. As Aryan drank, he began to question whether his reaction was the wisest thing to do. After all, the Captain was a crooked and cowardly sort, but he did spare him from wasting away or being captured and most likely thrown into Waponi-Wu. It was just that he felt his contribution to his crew was being abused and that he felt like nothing more than a tool. He was almost never allowed to fight in order to keep his magic intact, but it pained him to deny what was almost second-nature for so long. Most of his life was fighting, especially since he was incredibly lanky and weak for a Hammerhead. But his aggression also brought about most of the problems in his life as well. This last incident was just the latest and, in his mood at this time, the worst consequence that was bread from it. All and all, not the best day in his life.

It was then not the most Auspicious time for a boy no older than himself to ask him:

"Pardon, but is this seat taken?"

Aryan looked up from the table and eyed the stranger. He was at least a head shorter than the shark and somehow even more scrawny. However, his physique, from what he could discern, betrayed some sort of strength. His clothes were nothing too notable, only that it's wear revealed the extent of the wearer's travels. From his collection of sticks protruding from his gear every now and then, he was suspecting that he was some sort of mystic. His actual walking stick was more of a fighting staff, however, and by his flanks was a strangely shaped sword. Probably a newcomer to Skull Island. Some sort of gypsy or vagabond probably not worth his time, but at the moment, he felt lick he could use some company.

"Might as well." Aryan finally muttered, "Isn't like I'm waiting for anyone."

"Thanks!" replied the boy, surprisingly ecstatic about the proposition.

After ordering a drink, Aryan decided to start up a conversation, if only because his new drinking partner was fixated on the Shark in fascinated awe.

"So," he began, somewhat put off by the boy's staring "First time you've seen a Shark?"

The realization of his actions soon kicked in as the boy snapped out of his trance in horror while Aryan castigated himself for what he just said.

"Ack! Sorry!" exclaimed the boy in embarrassment "But yes, this is the first time I met a Shark. You can probably guess that I'm relatively new here."

"Well, either that or you've been stuck here in Tradewinds Skyway too long. Where did you come from?"

"Monquista. How come?"

"Just curious, though I would guess that anyone with an ounce of sanity would leave that arid place as soon as possible."

"So, anyone who isn't a disgraced monkey?"

That phrase gave a little chuckle out of Aryan.

"Not bad. Say, what's your name."

"That all depends." began the boy cautiously "But if you really want to know, the Kroks who raised me called me Omar."

"Kroks?"

"Never heard of Krokotopia?"

"Can't say I have. Never really left this world."

"Well, imagine what you know of Monquista, but the sun's always scorching, there's sand instead of dust everywhere (hells, there's probably even MORE sand than dust if I remember correctly), everything is next to some body of water, what few there are, and the place is filled with Kroks and Manders."

"What's a Mander?"

"Trust me, If I go on, I might ramble on for an hour then break down into tears."

"Oh. Miss home."

"More than you think."

After a pause. Omar began to start up the conversation once more.

"So, what do people call you?" Omar asked as he took a large swig of his drink. Aryan was about to try and stop him, but by the time he could formulate syllables, it was too late.

"I wouldn't do that Omar..."

His sentence was cut short when Omar's eyes suddenly widened and his pupils dilated before his eyes turned purple.Aryan barely had time to react before his mate started hacking... smoke? Omar was clenching the table which began to get a layer of frost swirling from his hand, especially his left hand. Finally, he spewed a ball of fire at the wall, nearly searing Aryan. After finally calming down, half the tavern was looking at him and whispering. these whispers, however, were not so much about the display of magic, but rather that Omar got the spicy drink that Mr. Tipps infused several guinea peppers in every day for some old fool to drink. It was a common prank that was almost always amusing to everyone else but the poor soul who was drinking it. This time, it was a more spectacular show than usual. Hence Omar's confusion for the cheers coming from around the room. Aryan was just laughing!

"You should have seen that look on your face!" He was barely able to utter through the laughter "I hope you're not too badly burned."

"I can'n pheel ma phongue. Or ma mauth for thath mather. On momen..."

wincing at the pain, Omar pulled his tongue out and began to say something incomprehensible. As he continued, there was a slight chill in their corner as the frost on the table began to spread. Between his fingers, ice began to slowly creep across his tongue, but it was shifting, almost incorporeal, and black as night. Soon, the temperature returned to normal and they were left with a cooling tongue and a wet table. Soon, Omar was snickering to himself.

"What's so funny?" inquired a now perplexed Aryan

"Oh, nothing." dismissed Omar "Does this happen all the time, er, you name again?"

"Aryan. And the old rascal never remains consistent with it. Always finds a way to make his patrons laugh at some fool's expense. No offense intended."

"None taken Aryan."

"So you're a mystic of sorts? One of those stuffy wizards?"

"Heavens no! I may be a disciple of Balance, but I'm no true sorcerer."

"Hmm, as far as I care, that's for the better. So, what brings you to Scrimshaw?"

At that moment, a figure's shadow fell upon the table. As the two looked up, they say the person that old monkey described as his employer.

"So," she began calmly "Your the ones who decided to hear in on my offer. Interesting..."

The Hoodoo Master is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

The two had turned to look towards their employer. The woman smiled shyly, though they could both see that it was a facade. The woman was of average build, and height. Her hair was mahogany, and her eyes were green, and her outfit resembled the kind that most pirates in Skull Islands wore, seemingly simple rags, and a tricorne on her head. Her back was not straight, nor was her voice intimidatingly overwhelming. Her outfit was worn, and in a shade of brown with black buttons, though one was gold, and one of the black ones was close to falling. Her boots, which were knee-length and black, seemed to be the only opulent piece of her attire.

In spite of all of this, her presence was seemingly overwhelming. It was a kind of admiration, or fear, that felt like it spread across her countenance and made her a figure of authority. Beneath her sleeves, one could be keenly aware of an array of bracelets and around her neck, necklaces. The jewelry itself seemed as ordinary as was possible, even to the esoterically-inclined, though for some reason on a primal level, it smelled powerful. In fact, her whole being felt powerful.

Aryan and Omar had turned to look at each other briefly. Aryan had grown up in a tribal environment, and Omar had been used to such cultures. They had been well-accustomed towards primal feelings, things that can be felt, but not explained, the kind that stirred against your very being but somehow still seemed to remain inexplicable, the kind of feelings which can be perceived but that one could not hope to understand. At least not fully, and at least not truly.

After this silence, she finally decided to speak up again:"Well, at the very least you compliment each other nicely. Tell me, what are your names, and have any of you ever, hunted?"

That last verb had a strong emphasis on it, as though a very specific meaning was being implied. This undertone was unmistakable.

"Well?" she had asked, after the other moments of silence.
    ''I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.''

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Aryan kept his eyes on each person on the table while keeping his hand by his blade. This new individual was an enigma, which has put him on edge. The clothes were nothing too noticeable, though her boots were in a far better shape than anything else she wore. However, what gave her the edge was the adornments on her neck and wrists. What few bracelets he saw were simple designs, only a few of which were familiar to him.

But those pieces of jewelry emitted a primal force that radiated throughout the whole of her body. It reminded him of the time his tribe encountered a Grimtooth shaman, who radiated a similar, but more defined primal force. He almost died in that encounter and the shaman's materials were destroyed save for one dagger which he still keeps in his arsenal. Coming back to this woman, she was mysterious, but she radiated with the same power.

Nevertheless, he responded to her question.

"As a warrior of the Hammerhead Clan," he began, with an air of confidence "I have learned to hunt at an early age. As I grew up, I began to seek out those who would burn our encampments and murder our kin. And I've hunted down ships under a scared rat of a captain before leaving him for greater plans. So yes, I have lived my life as a hunter. What say you to that?"

Omar was transfixed on this enigmatic figure. He scanned her every detail to make sure nothing escaped his gaze. The gold button, the boots, the possible significance of the ragged clothing... but this pales in comparison to the necklaces and bracelets on her. They were numerous pieces and he knew that it was impossible to note them all at this sliver of time, but he knew better than to pass them off as mere trinkets. And Omar was incredibly suspicious about the nature of her question, especially since it tangents so close to home. He waited for Aryan to finish his proclamation before he spoke.

"To put it simply, I would say no." Omar finally spoke "However, I know what it's like to be hunted. Best leave it at that. Also, though I'm not an experienced hunter, I have become an expert seeker. There are few things I cannot find and with my... contacts, I can even cast my eyes beyond this reality to see the Spiral from the view of the Spirits. Finally, I may not have experience as a Hunter, but I'm more than willing to put my abilities to the test in this regard. So, what is it that you want to be hunted?"

The Hoodoo Master is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Their employer said nothing, but rather cast a glance around to make sure not a lot of people were watching, or eavesdropping. She was fairly interested in this witchdoctor and his partner, as well as their perspectives. Her lips curled into a minor smile, before explaining:

"In this day, the most significant explorers of the Eastern Skyway, the one which leads to Mooshu, is that of Marleybone. An exploration camp of those Marleyboneans has recently been losing some of its men to terrible exsanguination. This kind, though, lacks the precision of the vampire and is not of any known creature. Once, the attacker was caught, with a small fragment broken off of its head, as it ran away."

She reached into her purse, and from it produced a fairly small, and seemingly uninteresting horn, though upon turning it over, one could notice the blood which was on it and that it was still warm from being shot, with firearms being a very new weapon in the Spiral.

"Maybe it will help you, maybe it will not. Hunt the creature down, bring it to me alive or you will not be paid. Go to the first Marleybonean camp, and do be careful, they do not know that you will be coming and I would rather you hunt this thing down while steering clear of them. Two nights, no more. My ship will await at the dock, where you will give me whatever you catch."

She handed them a pouch full of gold, and said:"This is half of the payment. Second half is after it gets caught. Oh and one more thing..."

At that point, another voice could be heard from somewhere in the behind, which one could recognize was Monquistan

"Hey, it's you. Already looking for another boss shall we?"

The monkey had addressed Aryan and had now turned towards the woman,"No...not you...impossible...but...no...", then he laughed,"well, it seems boy, that your fate is sealed already. But why not rush it a bit. Get'em lads."

At that point the other pirates had come running at Aryan, Omar, and their employer.
    ''I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.''

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Aryan wasn’t shocked to see them in the doorway. He was however, furious. All he wanted was to get out of that monkey’s grating voice and get on with his life. Sure, he strong armed money from him, but he felt that he deserved it after all that time and had no intention to return. But now they were barging in on the talks over a new opportunity of work and risk bringing it all down. Oh, also the threat of death. No matter, at least it’ll show this new employer what he can do.

As his former crew raced towards them, Aryan jumped up and met them head on. Unsheathing his sword, he managed to parry the attack of a wharf rat before smacking him down by hitting him in the back with the pommel. After that he barely managed to block a thresher’s cutlass after dodging a crab’s greatsword as it crashed into the floor. While trying to pull out the sword from the wood, the young shark took the chance to run up his back and then jump upon his brother, causing him to crash onto another crewmate.

Eyeing the captain, he began to weave his way towards him. Keeping himself light on his feet, he used his tail to knock a squirt across the table. He was enraged at them, but this anger was focused at their haughty captain and he had no intention to use his powers against anyone else. As he neared his target, Aryan focused purely on the monkey’s terrified eyes while preparing to unleash his anger at him.

Suddenly, he was in a blur and felt like he landed on the floor. Upon reorienting himself, he realized that the crab he vaulted over had knocked him off his feet and pinned him to the wall of the tavern. While he was wincing at the pain, he struggled to reach for another blade while getting punched by the colossal crab. While between punches, he noticed that he couldn’t see the floor as it was obscured by a massive cloud of smoke.

And then the lightning began.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After the shark ran headlong into the fray, Omar quickly rushed to wrap things up, but the woman was already gone. All that was left was the bloodied horn in a glass jar and a shred of paper that said “two days.” Not having the time to contemplate the situation, he only had enough time to pick up the jar before the table was smashed by a shark who was being crushed by a large crab.

While the two recovered, Omar sprinted towards the counter where the barkeep was putting things away in a surprisingly bored fashion. As he tried to get his attention, the boy began to create a few archaic gestures behind his back, causing smoke to start wafting from what seemed to be beneath his boots.

“Mr. Tibbs! I need another glass of that pepper-infused drink!”

“Boy,” the old bloke began in a somewhat annoyed fashion “You should very well know that I don’t serve that beverage to anyone.”

“Not even the one who drank it?” Omar replied, showing him the burn marks on his tongue.

“Oh, well that’s a different story now, isn’t it. Just don’t drink it inside if you plan to use it for some kind of magical mumbo jumbo.”

“What?” He said as he ran off “No! Nn… No! Of course I wouldn’t do that…”

But by that time the youth was running through the fight, smoke billowing behind him in his wake. As he vaulted upon a table still on one piece, he blew downwards, causing the smoke to expand throughout the floor of the tavern. Then he began to utter a Krokotopian verse, which caused the smoke to churn until it darkened and writhed like a stormcloud. Several people paused to take note of the development, but before they could react, Omar’s body began to change as tendrils of smoke came off his flesh. At this time, Omar heard not the commotion of the tavern, but the tumult of the storm. As it grew in his head, he outstretched his left hand.

Finally, he snapped, the arm temporarily flashing so that only its bones could be seen before from his fingers an array of sparks flew from his fingers and danced towards the clouds below. Immediately, the clouds exploded as lightning arced in all directions, shocking everything it touched before chaining elsewhere. A gust of wind picked up and water sprayed at all the thugs as if a tempest appeared in full swing within the tavern. Those who weren’t incapacitated by the lightning fell over each other as they tried to reach the door, desperate to escape the raging storm. Omar quickly followed them, a tankard in hand of a most cruel drink in hand.
    Last edited by the Undead Obeah; 02-24-2017 at 05:31 PM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

As the crab was going in for another punch, the two of them were rather startled when the crab suddenly had multiple lightning bolt strike from the floor and end up falling to the floor stunned. Aryan landed on his hands and knees and after a while recovering from the pain in his back, he quickly found himself a puddle of water from the incoming storm and managed to get a quick look at his face. Most of it was purple from the bruises, but they were noticeably healing at an alarming rate. Though he still couldn’t quite see from his left eye, nothing seemed too damaged.

Oh right. The Storm. While everyone else seemed to be in a panic, Aryan took the time to snatch up a few discarded weapons in the chaos. Most were rusted, blunt, and overall boring, but there was a few gems like some ornate daggers and an interestingly shaped blade. Snatching those up, he ran to his bags which were wet but intact.

As he went to leave with the rest of the crowd, he spied a pool of blood from the shark that lied in the splinters that used to be his table. Recognizing him as a crewmate, he leaned down to him and checked to see his condition. Weakening pulse. The wound was worse than it appeared to be. Pulling out an empty flask, he uttered something in a dead tongue and with that the blood on the floor began to flow in it. As it nearly was full he stopped it, redirecting the flow of blood back to its host. As he muttered on, the wounds fused together and the remaining blood either returned to his body or evaporated after his wounds healed. The thresher was one of his old crew, but after teaching him swordplay and the fact that he was at the very least remotely interested in his well being, he couldn’t just let him bleed out on the floor. Besides, he knew the pup was well on his way to being a terror on the skies and would rather see him die in a ship battle than in a tavern brawl.

After tending to the Thresher, he packed everything up as the last few stragglers ran from the tavern and the storm finally died down. Perplexed as to the the whereabouts of the caster (whom he suspected to be the boy), he snuck out of a broken side window to avoid the crew. Narrowly evading the jagged glass, he pulled himself through and began to move quietly around towards the front.

After peeking around the corner, he was met with an array of sharp swords and large clubs as the crew began to surround him. He tried to back away, but the captain appeared from the back with the two crabs.

“Gig’s up Aryan.” said the monkey with a snide grin “You did give my crew quite the beating, but did you think you could evade us with that little trick in there?”

“What makes you think I was responsible for that?” He replied, frantically looking for a way out “You know I can’t do something like that.”

“After your little ploy on the ship, I can’t say that I can trust your word on that. But no matter. Boys.”

On his word the pirates began to close in on the shark. Aryan held up a sword and dagger in defense of them, but was well aware that he couldn’t fight them all at once. He felt his bruises mostly healed, but he was sure that he couldn’t survive this. Nevertheless, he intended to go down fighting, no matter what pain they plan on inflicting upon...

Suddenly, a laugh broke the mood. It was very childish in nature, but something about it was off. Like the source has some unearthly creature inside them who laughed in tandem with him. Noticing that the crew was no longer focused on him, he followed their eyes towards the roof. At the ledge was the boy Omar smiling down at them, clearly amused. In his hand was a large tankard from the tavern and a walking stick in the other. As he looked down at them, a few seemed to lose their nerve under the boy’s mischievous eyes and malicious grin.

“Who the Banana are you?” Cried the monkey captain, perplexed at the figure.

“Why should I tell you, boy?” he replied as he locked his eyes with the monkey. “From what I can tell, you can’t seem to derive one person’s actions to another’s. I find that not only offensive, but also downright rude. Don’t you agree?”

It wasn’t clear who the question was pointed to, but the boy went on all the same.

“No matter. I’m here to collect my partner down there. So if you can all be so kind and scamper off, no one will get hurt. Understood boys?”

The only answer he got was a collection of dumbfounded faces along with a spattering of laughter. AMongst those laughing was the captain who by now was on the head of one of the crabs.

“Well, that would all be well and good but I need to teach this treacherous hammerhead a lesson and I don’t need you to get in the way. So get lost before I make sure you share the same mangled fate that this one here!”

“Well,” replied the boy, no longer smiling “If that’s the way you want it…”

And with that he drank the contents of the tankard and threw it to the ground. He seemed alright at first, but then fell to his knees as he nearly fell off the roof. As he convulsed, black smoke poured out of his mouth and he struggled to bring his left hand towards his face. Then, he snapped his fingers, causing a flame to ignite between them. He let it burn for a moment, letting the tension build as Aryan pressed himself towards the wall of the tavern.

Then, with a smirk, he finally exhaled. Immediately, a coil of flame spewed from his mouth and cascaded to the ground. As it grew, it almost became like a serpent, turning and sliding its way towards the grew before jumping at them. The scattered at they tried to avoid the flaming coils as a nearby warehouse began to catch fire as it slid past it. Amidst the fire, however, was Aryan, whom the flames avoided. Above him, he heard a single phrase through a flurry of hacking.

Run!

He didn’t need to be told twice s he sprinted from the chaos and towards the dock. Soon behind him, the noise died down as Omar ran towards him, his mouth and nostrils billowing black smoke. As they ran across the docks, Aryan looked frantically for a ship. Soon, he noticed a skiff that looked like the two of them could handle. As the reached it, he could faintly hear the screams of the captain coming down the docks. As he rushed to set sail, he was grabbed by the arm by Omar, still recoiling from the spell.

“The Ship (cough, cough).” he rasped “Which one (cough) is their ship?”

He hurriedly pointed out which one and as he pulled the anchor he looked back at his partner and found him at the help, speaking a foreign tongue towards the Tavern. As he spoke, the Serpent flew into the air and with a wave of his stick the elemental spiraled it’s way to their enemy's ship, exploding on impact. As his old crew reached it, the frantically went about putting out the flames, giving them enough time to escape. Unfortunately, Omar collapsed after that, leaving Aryan to do all the work.

As they made it into the Tradewinds Skyway, he checked to see if his ally was alright. Upon analysis, he saw that he was exhausted, but alright. Even the smoke that was emitting from his mouth had thinned. However, he did note that his left arm looked like it was significantly burnt, either that or very old. But the ship needed to be steered and so Aryan took the wheel and sailed on into the skies, waiting for his friend to wake up and for once help with sailing the ship. Let’s just hope he doesn’t also need to teach him the ropes as well.

Noctus is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Hmm hmm, not bad not bad. Interesting premise and some good mystery and character set up. A few grammatical errors here and there, but we all do it. I think my main issue is your focus mostly during battles feels a little...jarry. Sometimes I lose track of what's happening when reading and I had to go back and reread some parts.

But fairly interesting so far, so I'll lurk back every now and then.

Nocty out
    You see I am simply one Nox of a Nobody.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast