Da Baddest is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Sleepy

Good Buccaneer Offensive PvE Companion Set-up?

So I have been leveling my Bucc, whose currently level 12. I need to know the best companions that would carry me throughout my questing to max level. By this, I mean companions I will rarely have to switch out until I decide to PvP. I am currently using Pete, Barnabus, Bonnie. I plan on replacing Bonnie with El Toro.

My Pete will have:
    Relentless 2, BS 1, VS 2 (unsure about the rest)

Barnabus:
    ??? (idek where to start)

Bonnie:
    QD 1, Burst 2, DT 2 (Toro will replace soon)

El Toro:
    FS 1, Riposte 2, Relentless 2 (unsure about rest)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Good Buccaneer Offensive PvE Companion Set-up?

Just a note, if you haven't noticed, Kobe Yojimbo has basically the same epics are El Toro. Us bucs already have an "El Toro" from the start There are 2 ways you can build them: what I call offensive counter or chain counter. Offensive counter would be FS 2 (3 if you PvP), Rip 2-3, and Relent 2. Chain counter would be Rip 2, R2, and BS 2 (Kobe would be stuck with FS). Talents would be Accuarte, Dodgy, Agile, and Rough/Tough depending on your preference.

I gave my Peter Quint VS 3, BS 2, and Relent 2. BS 2 and Relent 2 are chain epics, which meansyou can hit up to 7 hits per round. VS 3 can save you at times, but if you feel you don't need it, give him VS 2 and SC 1 instead. Talents would be Accuarte, Strong, Tough, and Rough.

Barnabas is not offensive. He is a defensive counter. You said you wanted an offensive team? Why not use both El Toro (or Kobe) and Bonnie Anne. Either way, you should give him VS 3 for a start. I'd say BS 1-2 and Cheap shot/Second Chance 1.
    Talents would be Accurate, Tough, Rough, and Armored or Agile (for defensive purposes; do some research and ask around to see which one is best for you )

Bonnie Anne gets a lot of epics. It is most popular for her to be given Overwatch 3, Burst 2, Tap 2, and Draw 1. If you want her to be more of a counter, change Over 3 and Draw 1 to Over 1 (2 if left over), Draw 2 (3 for PvP), and/or Return Fire 1. Since you get Billy the Kid later on, it's best to keep a variety, so give Bonnie the Overwatch Chain, and Billy the Draw/Return Chain. Overwatch chains should be given Rough, Tough, Accurate, and Agile. Return/Draw Chain should be be given Dodgy, Accurate, Agile, and Rough/Tough depending on your preference.

Most end game bucs like to use an all buccaneer team. Most all buccaneer teams, though, use bought companions. If you want to be cheap (like me) and use free companions, use:
    • Taro Moomori: R2, BS2 (Rough, Tough, Accurate, Strong)
    • Thunder Hoof: Either R2, BS2, HTL 1 (Rough, Tough, Accuarte, Strong) OR VS 2, Repel 1, HTL 1, BS 1 (defensive; Rough, Tough, Accuarte, Agile/Armored)
    • Hawkules: VS 1, R2, BS2 (Rough, Tough, Accurate, Strong)

Soul Captain Hammer is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Breezy

I have a max level Bucc, and I use El Toro, Peter, and either Bonnie or Barnabus. Toro's buff becomes incredibly nice in tough battles, and his damage is top notch. Bonnie is nice for that ranged factor and her dodge debuff. As for Pete and Barnabus, Pete is absolutely amazing with his strength buff, charge, and relentless/bladestorm chains. Barnabus is an absolute tank with his armor buff, and with a strength buff or two, can bladestorm chain with the best of them.

Newokas is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Max level bucc owner here. There's three (very similar) builds that people choose for quint talent wise: relentless 2, blade storm 2, vengeance strike 2. From there on, people choose to add an extra rank of relentless,vengeance strike, or give him second chance rank 1. Each has their own benefits:
    - Relentless 3 improves Quint's chance of continue attack chains, but if you and him use your strength buffs it should be high enough already.
    - Vengeance strike stun gives Quint some more longevity due to the stun but adds nothing offensively.
    - Second chance 1 is the best option for his 7th talent (in my opinion). Chains are great but they can be cut short due to an untimely miss. Second chance allows quint to bounce back from misses and continue to his relentless/bladestorm rampages.

This isn't the team you suggested, but an all buccaneer team can be very effective: quint's buff plus your strength buffs can easily net you maximum increased critical chance for you entire team, even against other buccaneers. The problem with this is that the few buccaneer companions we receive naturally either have small epic talent selections or do not have access to relentless. As a rule, any companion that can't learn relentless should have vengeance strike 2 and bladestorm 2 if you want to build them offensively. You could also buy Zang Cha or Temujin (mooshu 5 buccaneer clones). They have a good number of talent choices and access to relentless, but they do come at a cost. I always use an all buccaneer team solo when I can, and I got by without any crowns companions. Talent wise, always max out accuracy and health on your companions. Strength boosts, rough and dodgy all have their merit as the last 2 talents: dodgy increases your companions survival rate but does lower vengeance strike's chance of triggering; increasing your companions helps their critical chance, but this strength boost does not increase the amount of strength your companions receive from
    strength buffs. Rough gives a greater damage boost than strength boosts, but has no other effect.

Toro, Kobe and Bonnie are all great companions, too. As others have suggested, bonnie should probably be given burst fire 2, double tap 2, overwatch 3 (for the accuracy debuff) and quick draw 1, though you can give her burst fire 3 instead of quick draw or the added rank of overwatch if you want to bolster her chances of triggering her massive attack chains. As for talents: tough 4, accurate 4, rough 4, agile 4 for max offense.. Toro should have relentless 2 and riposte 2 and at least 1 rank of first strike. If you give him bladestorm, I wouldn't give him anything higher than rank 1 unless you have agility buffs to bolster his critical chance. Kobe should have relentless 2 (at least), bladestorm 1 and at least 1 rank of first strike and riposte. He has 2 guaranteed criticals after his promotion, so bladestorm would see more use on him than toro, but not enough to warrant blade storm 2. I'd give toro and kobe dodgy 4, tough 4, accurate 4 and rough 4, though you could substitute rough 4 or tough 4 for agile 4 if you wish to up their critical chance.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Newokas For This Useful Post:

Da Baddest (05-30-2016)