Alphawolf is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Re: [Rules Discussion] Central PvP Rules - Valencia Part 2 Edition

Um the privateer versus musketeer match up without scratch or boon is also very unpleasant >_<

BiG BaD WoLFY is online now Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• BiG BaD WoLFY's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Noble Wolf Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Alphawolf View Post
    Um the privateer versus musketeer match up without scratch or boon is also very unpleasant >_<
    That's where "setting" comes into play, choosing companions catered to fighting a specific class (using Nausica Jane Emmett over March Egg Contessa for example). While not ideal, it can be worked around much easier than witch vs buck :/ .

-Noble Wolf Hawkins- *PvP Champion*
    | Max -Swashbuckler-| Max Musketeer |
    |
    Max Privateer | Max Buccaneer |

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BiG BaD WoLFY For This Useful Post:

Alphawolf (10-17-2016)

Ataraxia is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Ataraxia's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Bruno Maxwell
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Disagree

• Honestly i think all summons (excluding the ones witchdoctors learn through their trainer) should be banned from central. They make matches last forever, dont really require any skill to use plus they are quite annoying to deal with honestly (I know you can fight cheese with cheese but wrong plus wrong dont equal right).
    • Buckler hides are annoying to deal with but aren't to the point that they are unbearable to counter but, i do think there should be a rule making buckler unable to just hide+curse+assassin then hide again (the hide spam is honestly what triggers most people lol).
    • Scratch 100 and 50% buffs should be removed honestly a mourn song doing 1200+ damage in the start of the game due to a super hit is quite broken if you ask me.
    • How exactly do you plan on banning witch hunter? is that even possible because most people have witch hunter trained on every character so isn't that like banning those characters from being able to be used?
    • I dont really see boon as a problem since everyone in the current meta is usually always carrying around purge (which isn't really broken all you have to do is move away!!) so i dont think really think it should be banned.
    • On the question about shield stacking i want the ban removed but i also dont. I think only allowing 2 defense powers on at a certain time is actually beneficial in the long run (time wise).
    • Honestly second wind is another annoying power to deal with (2000+ heal yikes!!!) but i dont think its broken to the point that it needs to be banned.
    • Finally my opinion on the armada companions is if they are banned then what about other companions that are seriously overpowered as well? Such as Baar( who is able to hit through zeal even if turn the tide hasn't activated yet).
    Last edited by Ataraxia; 10-18-2016 at 11:18 PM.
    Ruthless Bruno Maxwell - (70 Privateer), Galen - (70 Musketeer), Silver Blaze Vane - (70 Swashbuckler), Daring Taylor Davenport - (70 Witchdoctor), Bruno - (70 Buccaneer)

BiG BaD WoLFY is online now Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• BiG BaD WoLFY's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Noble Wolf Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    • Honestly i think all summons (excluding the ones witchdoctors learn through their trainer) should be banned from central. They make matches last forever, dont really require any skill to use plus they are quite annoying to deal with honestly (I know you can fight cheese with cheese but wrong plus wrong dont equal right).....

• etc etc

"Summons should be banned..."- Seems unreasonable since if "doesn't really require any skill" required, time is the only variable changed in the match. How long a match might last does not impact the outcome at all.

"summons/hides are annoying to deal with"- So is being chained to half in one round by a buck, still manageable though yes? If you take away hides poisons and assassin strikes bucklers literally only have dance of steel and hurl knives. 50% of matches is pure tactics, you should reassess yourself if you think something should be banned because it's "annoying" rather than it having an unreasonable advantage in a match. Every class has it's pros just as well as it's cons, which might include reacting to others pros (witch vs buck, perfect example)

"everyone has purge... just move away"- You keep that in mind the next time you shield while cursed by a poison, alone it's fine, with other powers, not so much. I know you were addressing boon in that statement but just wanted emphasize how deadly fog/purge/curse is.

With Boon on the other hand though, I have a problem when a Goro can charge my pirate and put me in kill range before I even have a chance to react.

"companions" - The one and only thing with the armada companions they can learn rank 5 epics exclusively. Baar is his own unique case that I too have voiced my disagreements on, though it truly just isn't reasonable to ban only one companion while there are plenty of other companions that can have made for them.

_ _ _ _ _ _
    I used to think about a lot things like that myself until I realized how controlling the tempo of the match is an easy "counter" to everything. One round damage spikes (besides fog which you should almost always anticipate, scent pets are a thing for a reason) are exactly the problem. With Fog, Purge and curse, alone their effects are minimal but when you use them together they become "broken". With boon (and discord pre-nerf), this isn't the case. 3-4 powers in 5 rounds can effectively shut down a game, a single 1 power in 1 round should not be able to have the same impact, regardless of what the actual chances might be.

-Noble Wolf Hawkins- *PvP Champion*
    | Max -Swashbuckler-| Max Musketeer |
    |
    Max Privateer | Max Buccaneer |

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG BaD WoLFY For This Useful Post:

Alphawolf (10-19-2016),Khione (10-19-2016)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Might I remind players that the "vote" thread has already been created. For now, the items listed on that thread are the ones we're looking at to update and/or change. If you've not seen the vote thread, I'll link it below.

http://www.pirate101central.com/foru...es-to-P101-PvP!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (10-19-2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123