•  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Talking Hi I'm Dux

Hello everybody!

My name is Dux (Just for this website) and I've been playing Pirate101 Since 2013. "Dux" in Latin means "Leader". I've been using the message boards forever and wish to expand my resources a bit! If you have any helpful advice for starters I'd like to hear it.

Thanks!

helena is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• helena's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Lenora Ironside
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bookworm

Re: Hi I'm Dux

Hello Dux!

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you've decided to join us "officially". New people with constructive ideas are always more than welcome

The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care - Hugh MacLeod
    Pirate101 Comics

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Hi I'm Dux

Ahoy, Dux! Welcome Aboard! Expanding resources is a great idea. Advice for starters...

First, don't always sell your unwanted stuff at the Bazaar. If there are thousands of your item already in stock, you won't get the best price. Your gold balance will increase a lot more quickly if you pay attention to things like that.

Second, give each and every one of your companions a try in battle. Even if you don't like their stats, you may need to use them in a pinch, so you need to see what they are capable of. Train up your companion when they can get 1 level per tome, which is about three to four levels below your pirate. Their tasks will return better rewards if you don't leave them at a low level. As you get to the higher levels, you'll appreciate a larger crew, and the variety of tactics it will allow you to have.

Finally, don't be afraid of nautical battles. Learn to fly your ship, and how to fight with it. Sinking ships is the best way to both nautical level and get replacement equipment for your ship. Also - it's the easiest way to earn Scrip. If you're sailing along a windlane and you see another ship engaged, take a second to throw in a hit or two and you'll share in the loot. Easy-peasy.

The Pirate101 wiki contains a wealth of detailed information about Pirate101. Feel free to browse!