Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Khione's Avatar
       Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  65
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    PvP Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    287
    Thanks (Received)
    752
    Gold
    97
    Asleep

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Well, we could put Boon back up to vote once again and see if someone changes their mind before I get things updated. Or I can disallow it in the regular rules tour about to open up since it's allowed in the no rules tour and after both conclude ask the participants what they think. Another vote may be quicker, but I can not guarantee you'll get the result you're after. If the result remains the same, then I'm afraid it will be in until the next rule update.

    @Edward Teach Perhaps next time we have a discussion on things players want to see changed and a vote you will find time to participate and lend your expertise since you seem so against rules your peers wanted to bring up for a vote and voted on.
    What is this, the presidential election? Stop pulling a Trump Wolfy... We should leave everything as voted for and discussed during the first normal central rules tour.
    If it turns out when people put the stuff to the test Boon isn't as balanced as they think then we revote.

    Re-voting before we even test it is just as bad as being Donald Trump... Please don't be a Trump. That's all I ask.

    I should also then ask, lets revote on the Shield Stacking rule since it was also "So close". Why aren't we discussing that then?
    You could say I just played my "trump" card.

    And would it be unfair to say you're crying "wolf". I can go on all day btw.
    Last edited by Khione; 10-27-2016 at 04:33 PM.

    Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker








  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    739
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    408
    Thanks (Received)
    857
    Gold
    720
    Cheeky

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphawolf View Post
    That's a great solution since Boon was such a close call unlike others that were in huge majority allowing people to test it out in the tournament and to test without it on the ladder and later be able to reach a more sure answer.
    If others agree to test it in the upcoming regular rules tournament then that is fine. I'd rather leave it alone for the ladders for the time being; however, if players want to agree among themselves not to use it for ladder matches that is fine, too.







  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

    Alphawolf (10-27-2016),BiG BaD WoLFY (10-27-2016),Khione (10-27-2016)


  4. #13
    Khione's Avatar
       Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  65
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    PvP Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    287
    Thanks (Received)
    752
    Gold
    97
    Asleep

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    If others agree to test it in the upcoming regular rules tournament then that is fine. I'd rather leave it alone for the ladders for the time being; however, if players want to agree among themselves not to use it for ladder matches that is fine, too.
    I say allow it. I would rather practically test it first hand instead of crying "wolf". Practical vs theory! HAZAH! (Yes I'm a bit hyper today)

    Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker






  5. #14
    BiG BaD WoLFY's Avatar
       BiG BaD WoLFY is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • BiG BaD WoLFY's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Noble Wolf Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    174
    PvP Tournaments Won
    3
    Thanks
    316
    Thanks (Received)
    197
    Gold
    145
    Cynical

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by Technomage View Post
    What is this, the presidential election? Stop pulling a Trump Wolfy... We should leave everything as voted for and discussed during the first normal central rules tour.
    If it turns out when people put the stuff to the test Boon isn't as balanced as they think then we revote.


    Revoting before we even test it is just as bad as being Donald Trump... Please don't be a Trump. That's all I ask.

    I should also then ask, lets revote on the Shield Stacking rule since it was also "So close". Why aren't we discussing that then?
    Firstly lets remove politics from this because that never ends up pretty.

    Perhaps shield stacking wasn't brought up because it isn't a huge deal either way. I think it's fair to say that boon wasn't thoroughly discussed enough to have resulted in such a split decision. We should probably just bring it up again after seeing how these new rules play out in the tournament, probably worth keeping an eye on the ladder aswell.

    -Noble Wolf Hawkins- *PvP Champion*
    | Max -Swashbuckler-| Max Musketeer |
    |
    Max Privateer | Max Buccaneer |



  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG BaD WoLFY For This Useful Post:

    Alphawolf (10-27-2016),Storyhunter101 (10-28-2016)


  7. #15
    Khione's Avatar
       Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  65
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    PvP Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    287
    Thanks (Received)
    752
    Gold
    97
    Asleep

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by BiG BaD WoLFY View Post
    Firstly lets remove politics from this because that never ends up pretty.

    Perhaps shield stacking wasn't brought up because it isn't a huge deal either way. I think it's fair to say that boon wasn't thoroughly discussed enough to have resulted in such a split decision. We should probably just bring it up again after seeing how these new rules play out in the tournament, probably worth keeping an eye on the ladder aswell.
    Practical > Theory. Revote AFTER letting it run its course in the tour. Fairest way to decide something. Mostly considering this first central tour is more or less a "test tour".

    Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker






  8. #16
    quentin's Avatar
       quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128
    PvP Tournaments Won
    12
    Thanks
    73
    Thanks (Received)
    136
    Gold
    36

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Witches will be severely limited now without the scratch buffs. Not that there are many, so it wont really matter.



  9. #17
    Khione's Avatar
       Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  65
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    PvP Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    287
    Thanks (Received)
    752
    Gold
    97
    Asleep

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Witches will be severely limited now without the scratch buffs. Not that there are many, so it wont really matter.
    Witches are limited with or without scratch period. They are just in a bad spot right now. Now lets wait till Rstbeard makes them OP like what he did with Buccaneer.

    Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker






  10. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    739
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    408
    Thanks (Received)
    857
    Gold
    720
    Cheeky

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Here's what I am going to do with Boon. It is allowed in ladders for now unless BOTH players agree NOT to use it. Since the No Rules tournament is already under way and seeing how none of the new rules would apply to really look at, I'm not going to count Boon there as test material. I will, however, allow Boon in the Regular Rules tournament. This will serve the purpose of players actually being able in live combat situations see how they can counter or recover from the effects of Boon while the newer rules apply as well. At the end of the tournament, I will send the participants ONLY (not a public vote) a small survey to vote on to see after a proper testing if this ruling on Boon stands as is or changes.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 10-27-2016 at 08:50 PM.







  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

    Alphawolf (10-28-2016),BiG BaD WoLFY (10-27-2016)


  12. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    739
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    408
    Thanks (Received)
    857
    Gold
    720
    Cheeky

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Well guys, I've waited and waited and sent multiple messages to players reminding them to please send me their vote on Boon. Sadly, not many players were eager to participate. We ended up with 3 that were for banning it and 3 that wanted it to be allowed. Since the results were inconclusive, I'm going to go with the original vote and leave Boon alone allowing it to be used. I realize this isn't the result some were after, but it is something we can readdress in the future when there is another update and the rules will need to be looked at once again.

    I appreciate those of you that took part in the rules discussion and voting process!







  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

    Khione (12-13-2016),pops (12-13-2016)


  14. #20
    Khione's Avatar
       Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  65
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    895
    PvP Tournaments Won
    1
    Thanks
    287
    Thanks (Received)
    752
    Gold
    97
    Asleep

    Re: New PvP Rules - Effective Immediately

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Well guys, I've waited and waited and sent multiple messages to players reminding them to please send me their vote on Boon. Sadly, not many players were eager to participate. We ended up with 3 that were for banning it and 3 that wanted it to be allowed. Since the results were inconclusive, I'm going to go with the original vote and leave Boon alone allowing it to be used. I realize this isn't the result some were after, but it is something we can readdress in the future when there is another update and the rules will need to be looked at once again.

    I appreciate those of you that took part in the rules discussion and voting process!

    Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker






Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •