Thread: Helpful tips?

TheFiestyAnecorbie is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Helpful tips?

Hello! My names Olivia and im new to pirate101. Does anyone have any tips to help me out?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheFiestyAnecorbie For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (11-02-2016)

kaosxtech is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

Re: Helpful tips?

Make friends. It makes the game more fun, and when you need to farm it makes that part more enjoyable.

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Helpful tips?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFiestyAnecorbie View Post
    Hello! My names Olivia and im new to pirate101. Does anyone have any tips to help me out?
    Ahoy and Welcome Aboard! Always glad to help a new pirate find their sea (windlane) legs!

1) Watch for wooden chests that you can open - these can bring you gold. Also watch for locked chests, these are great when there are other pirates around to help you open them. If you see anyone else who needs help opening a chest, join in!

2) Sell common items you receive as drops in a regular shop rather than the Bazaar, you'll get a better price, because the Bazaar pays little if there are 9999 of those things already in stock. BUY new gear in the Bazaar when there are many in stock and you'll get the best price - especially for ship equipment, which can cost quite a bit for a new pirate.

3) Update your ship equipment as your nautical level increases -- and KEEP YOUR NAUTICAL LEVEL UP near your pirate's level. You won't be sorry.

4) Do side quests. They will reward you with many benefits besides gold and experience. Some will give you companions, or training tomes, or that much needed nautical experience.

5) Have Fun and post here often. We are all willing to help answer questions and give advice. We have an In-Game Help section where you can ask for help with difficult battles or gaining nautical level or such.