bountytaker is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Sleepy

Re: 2016 12 Days of the Spiral!

I'm in the minority I'm sure, but IMO, the housing item giveaways have been poorly thought out. As was already said, all of the items are readily available in the presents, for free, and are/have cluttered up the auction house at a reasonable price for about a year. The overlap, IMO, just gives the appearance of little effort or thought being put into the whole thing. And honestly, that would be fine, considering it's just some bonus content for a few weeks at the end of the year...except when they do give some nice new content to the other game, then, for some I would imagine, it's going to look very different.

And yes, I know the replies to this: "But you can sell the items for gold". Sure, but the presents you would find them in for free give you gold as well, and give you other items you can sell for gold. Is the code really that much more valuable?

Of course, if the point was to give players some free gold...then why not just do that, give an amount of free gold to everyone and skip the repeated items?

"It's great for new players". Sure, although if a new player is looking to get excited for the game based on the giveaways, I'd venture to guess they'll be more intrigued by W101 the P101, considering the slight leaning towards that player base of those gifts. I don't actually think new players are really all that focused on the gifts, I'm just offering a different interpretation for those that do, mind you.

Again, I'm not trying to complain or be a downer, I'm just expressing my lack of feeling towards these rewards. And since I hate to even appear to complain without at least some sort of suggestion, here goes:

Why not change some of the gifts in the presents for 2016, not all, just a few, and take out the things that were given away this year. So players that didn't get the reindeer, for example, for free, and couldn't this year, still had a chance to get them, while players that were here last year could enjoy finding the new things in the presents. Even a small amount, say five different items in the presents, would do it, I'd venture.

Why not give both sets of players the green garland itme, instead of just Wiz? As far as I know, P101 doesn't have that decoration either, and I can't imagine it would be too difficult to give to us instead of the light string everyone already has, or can already get. Plus, it gives one less reason for people to claim unequal treatment.

Or, as I said above, just give a free gold in some amount (which they may be planning anyway). But do one or the other, either give items you expect most people will sell for gold, or give free gold. Both becomes pointless.

If you can't give new content to both (completely understandable), then how about a little more atmospheric decoration for the one that doesn't get content. So, for this year, why not use some variation on the snow globes to make it snow in skull island. Put snowmen in Mooshu. Wreaths in Marleybone. Spread the presents around to different zones. Sure, some will probably complain that those things don't offer players anything of value, but that's better than players complaining they get ignored for the other game?

That's just off the top of my head. Again, the rewards, other than crowns, don't mean much to me anyway, so I'm not all that bothered. But I would hate to see players feeling like they aren't getting much attention or effort from the team, whether at all, or in deference to the other game. Giveaways from the company should make players feel like they're important, not need explanations so they don't feel invalidated.

Just my two pennies.
    Last edited by bountytaker; 12-14-2016 at 04:19 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bountytaker For This Useful Post:

Mistress of Hoodoo (12-14-2016), pops (12-14-2016), Storyhunter101 (12-14-2016), Willowdreamer (12-14-2016)

Storyhunter101 is offline Rookie

• Storyhunter101's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Noble Nora Norrington
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Val. Spiral Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

@bountytaker Yes. All of the yes. Good, good!

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    I WISH I didn't like those mounts, then my bank account wouldn't be crying.
    lol! Again, I know the feeling, man. Wish I didn't want anything that cost money on top of money. Crown Shop, why do you torment me?
    ~ Noble Nora Norrington, Privateer from Marleybone ~ Sly Scarlet Poole, Swashbuckler from Skull Island ~ Crafty Luisa Eastwick, Witchdoctor from Krokotopia ~ Brass Belle Silver, Buccaneer from Grizzleheim ~ Dead-eye Fiona Davenport, Musketeer from Mooshu

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Storyhunter101 For This Useful Post:

pops (12-14-2016), Willowdreamer (12-14-2016)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

@bountytaker - you make some good points and some good suggestions. @One-Eyed Jack - you visiting us at all to take note?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

One-Eyed Jack (01-10-2017)

bestbrigain is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I'm envious of krampus and wish we could get a new dungeon, but that's impossible now since it would only last until Christmas. Even working off the same place it took awhile for krampus's dungeon to be made so I'll have to wait until next year. You know, you think they could re-design krampus from wiz and put him as a pet in pirate? But in the end Christmas is for spending time with those you love and care for, maybe they could change up the taverns to better reflect that.
    Last edited by bestbrigain; 12-14-2016 at 05:23 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bestbrigain For This Useful Post:

pops (12-14-2016)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by bestbrigain View Post
    I'm envious of krampus and wish we could get a new dungeon, but that's impossible now since it would only last until Christmas. Even working off the same place it took awhile for krampus's dungeon to be made so I'll have to wait until next year. You know, you think they could re-design krampus from wiz and put him as a pet in pirate? But in the end Christmas is for spending time with those you love and care for, maybe they could change up the taverns to better reflect that.
    I'm not sure if Krampus is very Pirate-y. I mean, I'm not against anything new but a lot of people dislike things from W101 transferring over to P101
    ( apparently ).

Nothing is impossible, anything can come out from behind those 'doors'. Who knows, we could be surprised with something really good - besides the mounts at least.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pops For This Useful Post:

bestbrigain (12-14-2016)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Super Crowns Sale Today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crowns Sale.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	352.9 KB 
ID:	71741

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Super Crowns Sale Today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crowns Sale.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	352.9 KB 
ID:	71741

That one day only part really doesn't work for me.

Good day though, for people who have the money.

Hmm... ends 05:59 Friday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
    So maybe if I'm able to stay up late enough I can catch it, anything for extra crowns lol.
    Last edited by pops; 12-15-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Storyhunter101 is offline Rookie

• Storyhunter101's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Noble Nora Norrington
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Val. Spiral Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Unhappy Re: 2016 12 Days of the Spiral!

One day only? Not giving you much time to put money into your account, let alone think about if you can afford it and should even buy it, huh? $80 is a lot of $$$ to splurge on a sudden, one-day purchase... Guess I'll pass on today's "surprise" too. Sorry, KI, but... What's the phrase? You're "breaking the bank." I'm dying 'ere!
    ~ Noble Nora Norrington, Privateer from Marleybone ~ Sly Scarlet Poole, Swashbuckler from Skull Island ~ Crafty Luisa Eastwick, Witchdoctor from Krokotopia ~ Brass Belle Silver, Buccaneer from Grizzleheim ~ Dead-eye Fiona Davenport, Musketeer from Mooshu

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Storyhunter101 For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (12-15-2016), pops (12-15-2016)

bountytaker is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Sleepy

I noticed last night, after I had said all that in the thread, that they upgraded the decorations in Skull Island and added a new badge. Good idea on their part, I think that will do more to excite players than some of the gifts. Better late than never

The crowns sale being a day and a half does seem odd too. Then again, I suspect they're going to give free crowns out pretty soon, so I'm guessing they want to get players to buy before then.

One suggestion though: Have the one day crown sale BEFORE the new mounts are made available. I'm guessing some folks bought crowns a few days ago to get the mounts, and are now disappointed that they missed out on the cheaper price. Anytime they plan to offer a new crown item AND a crown sale within the same week, I'd put the sale first. Sure, it may cost you some revenue, but if the point is to make fans happy/excited, then I think this way would accomplish that more.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bountytaker For This Useful Post:

Storyhunter101 (12-15-2016), Willowdreamer (12-15-2016)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks