Silver Max Davis is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Inhuman Resources Companions

Is anyone aware of why the characters rewarded by Inhuman Resources, though they are almost mandatory to get an have rather fleshed-out backstories on KingsIsle's youtube account, have no story involvement whatsoever and are only promoted through paying?

I could see Carcarius having a promotion quest involving returning to his tribe to prove himself worthy of becoming a houngan by defeating the tribe's strongest and collecting special paint and a headress; things like that.

Also, why are these the only companions that you cant buy alternate versions of in the Crown Shop?
    Last edited by Silver Max Davis; 12-23-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Inhuman Resources Companions

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Max Davis View Post
    Is anyone aware of why the characters rewarded by Inhuman Resources, though they are almost mandatory to get an have rather fleshed-out backstories on KingsIsle's youtube account, have no story involvement whatsoever and are only promoted through paying?

I could see Carcarius having a promotion quest involving returning to his tribe to prove himself worthy of becoming a houngan by defeating the tribe's strongest and collecting special paint and a headress; things like that.

Also, why are these the only companions that you cant buy alternate versions of in the Crown Shop?
    The main reason is because they were added after the game launched AND after the Marleybone/Aquila expansion, as part of the "Advanced Companions" update. There really was no way to shoehorn them into the already existing quest dialogue and other interactions. As you say, they are not even part of the storyline, so you don't even have to recruit them if you were a purist only doing story quests. I suppose Kingsisle could add promotion quests for them in future updates, but that has been requested for MANY other companions and it is a LOT of work to create promotion quests.

There are no Crown Shop equivalents for pretty much the same reasons.

nightstarcat12 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Inhuman Resources Companions

Honestly, I love Carcarius, but I understand why he doesn't interact with me much, as much as I'd like him too. But surely they can squeeze a story-quest promotion in there for him and the others... Please, Kingsisle, pretty please? It would be so fun to learn more about his character, even if he isn't an A-list (speaking) companion. And maybe they can give some promotion-quests for other all-class side companions, like Cogburn and Ninja Kitty.
    Last edited by nightstarcat12; 02-22-2017 at 04:42 PM.