Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
       bestbrigain is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Lets look into the future!

I've been thinking about the future alot and thinking "what do we know for sure will happen?" This came back:

1. Companion promotions, this being the real clinch of the the whole thing, next arc we are sure to get our hands on some new promotions for our companions, a mega ton considering there weren't that many in Valencia 2, in fact they are already on it at ki, (though I won't spoil anything) there are alot though and it honestly might grow to be more.

2. Ships, this depends entirely on the world, but I am really hoping we get armada ships next update, I know what a skiff looks like, I know what a frigate looks like, and if rookes ship was any indication I know what a galleon looks like. Please give me an armada galleon kingsisle, please.

3. New level 60 talents from the clandestine trainers, this is where it gets interesting, the trainers will most certainly give new ranks of burst fire for musketeers and relentless for melee (possibly others to) but I'm not sure just witch hunter will be even close to enough for witchdoctors, so will we get a new rank of readied spell to? Or a new power? I'm a hybrid musketeer and witchdoctor so I'm good either way, but two new talents for witchdoctors sounds good to me.

4. New abilities from our regular class trainers, we have no idea what we could be getting from them in terms of powers, but in terms of talents I think we can speculate. Buccaneers probably an extra good the line or bladestorm, musketeers I'm totally blind on, not sure swashbucklers will get much more in that direction, possibly second chance, maybe privateers grab that instead? Witchdoctors definitely get mojo rising 2 and maybe mojo echo 2 possibly intuition but I doubt that.

5. New gear, we have gotten a ton of that this year, most of it unbelievably amazing, but I'm hoping for a charm here or there that can grant me some good epics, something to replace the old stuff witchdoctors and musketeers still use like mom Manchus wand and Santa Rana's hat, things to give overwatch or readied spell or vengeance strike, not an overhaul of new abilities, just something to even out the pool.

6. Will we need a new rank in talents again? Probably not. I'm not saying its tough to get rank 5 epics, if you know what you need chances are it'll be easier to get your hands on, especially for buccaneers, for instance say I want overwatch 5, get the darkmoor deathspitter, get the talent from your pet, get the last rank from Santa Rana's hat. The combo of a weapon, talent, and item are all you really need, but noob's won't even know about the clandestine trainers (which is another reason I can't wait for new players to come in ) but also because getting all of these things together can be close to impossible for some players.

7. Something to shorten long battles with friends (please please please please please please please please)

8. Mom Manchus tower might become solo-able!! (Almost certainly not but probably a ton easier) at the very least, I might not have to spend 2 hours to Max out my gold.
    Last edited by bestbrigain; 12-26-2016 at 12:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bestbrigain For This Useful Post:

sniperafk (01-08-2017)

CozmicKoala is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Re: Lets look into the future!

In response to all of the points you brought up...

1). If we want to talk Companion Promotions, then Old Scratch has to get one during the next update. I thought that he would receive it during Valencia 2 after KI accidentally leaked it a couple years ago. But this update only saw promotions to Gracie, Catbeard, and the Presidio companions.

I also really want to see a promotion for Monkey King soon. Out of all the main story companions, he's easily the most under-powered at the moment. I hope he doesn't get a pay-to-promote quest for his promotion, but as long as he receives one, I'd be OK with it. I'd say that the Kraken Skulls Companions are probably due for one soon as well.

2). I wouldn't be opposed to getting Armada ships, since they have some of the coolest ship designs in the game currently. I'm just not sure how that would work from a story perspective. Would we return to Valencia once again to face off against Queen, and we would be able to purchase an Armada ship then? There's definitely more to consider here in the long run. We weren't able to get Armada Companions until after we defeated Kane, I can only imagine how long it would take to get Armada Ships.

3). I'm not entirely sure if the Clandestine trainers will allow us to train further ranks of Burst Fire/Relentless/Mojo Echo. It's already possible to get to rank 3 (as far as I know, there are probably ways to get r4 or even r5 with certain gear setups) with the one rank from the Clandestine Trainers, and with ranks granted by Pets and certain pieces of gear. If we are able to receive Burst/Relentless/Echo 2 from the Trainers, I don't see it anytime in the near future. Plus, imagine how overpowered that would make our pirates. I'd prefer if the story content wasn't a breeze.

4). New abilities, yes. I'm not opposed to gaining new talents, but I would also like to have some new, unique powers. I'd rather not see just improved versions of buffs or traps when it comes to new powers. Powers like Reckless Frenzy and Blast of ******* come to mind when I think of unique. (Not saying I want broken powers like *******, but just something unique like it).

5). In the way of gear, I'd like to see some items that grant us unique talents (Ex: Soul Shroud, Charming Gaze),like some of the eye-patches dropped from the Nefarious Five.

6). Definitely agree here, I don't think we need anymore talent ranks as it is. The Clandestine may offer the Rank 3 talents in the future, but they aren't necessary at the moment.

7). I'm OK with the battle speed as it is. Compared to what it was just a coupe of years ago, the current state is such a nice improvement.

8). Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had managed to solo Moo at this point. But I don't think there should be a point where it is able to be completely soloed. It's fun to complete the Tower with other people anyways. And we will probably have better ways of obtaining gold in the future.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Nice, but I still think we will get something along the lines of burst fire 2 and relentless 2, in terms of progression those abilities have only evolved in very steady ways. Besides, even if rank 3 is just a hop skip and jump away, the you still can't get rank 5, unless your a musketeer and even then only for 3 rounds. Relentless is even harder to get to, so I seriously doubt people's ability to get it, honestly once you hit rank 2 going further is just as tough as if you were coming from rank 1, and with less long term payoff. Heck witchdoctors have mojo echo rank 2 and the closet we can get is still only rank 5 using gear, a pet, and a standard also only for 3 turns. Also, I bring up that before, I could still Max out my rank during combat the same way, in essence rank 2 doesn't give to much more wiggle room, and is we are talking about making the game easy, I have rank 2 mojo echo and burst fire, and that doesn't help nearly enough to make any difference against mobs in areas like Valencia 2, (against typhon it's as good as worthless the robot is immortal). Rank 2 is awesome, but it really can't make things all that better.

Matey Pirate is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

For the next update I'm hoping for an attacking ability for Privateers! X. x, Like life in wizard101 that is mainly support, it got an attacking card to boost up!

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I'm also thinking the sparing hall could use a que, it's hard to find people to just fight against for fun.

musketeer12234 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

If Darkmoor is on the bracket for one of the incoming worlds, I feel it would be a perfect place for Old Scratch's promotion.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musketeer12234 For This Useful Post:

sniperafk (01-08-2017), Willowdreamer (12-31-2016)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by musketeer12234 View Post
    If Darkmoor is on the bracket for one of the incoming worlds, I feel it would be a perfect place for Old Scratch's promotion.
    Agreed - Old Scratch and a few others who are due.

CozmicKoala is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Agreed - Old Scratch and a few others who are due.
    *cough* Monkey King *cough*

As for a Scratch promotion in Darkmoor, definitely seems like an optimal place. Hopefully we do end up going there next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scratch Leak.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	71794

Still, I think it's interesting that Scratch apparently goes to "Skeletal Shaman" instead of "Undead Shaman". Probably just an oversight, but if it isn't, that should be an interesting promotion quest
    Last edited by CozmicKoala; 12-31-2016 at 07:56 PM.

CunningJustinSilver is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Relaxed

Team based PvP in Ranked please KI.
    Or at least a small but much needed balance to team pvp in general.

RealDux is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bestbrigain View Post
    I've been thinking about the future alot and thinking "what do we know for sure will happen?" This came back:

1. Companion promotions, this being the real clinch of the the whole thing, next arc we are sure to get our hands on some new promotions for our companions, a mega ton considering there weren't that many in Valencia 2, in fact they are already on it at ki, (though I won't spoil anything) there are alot though and it honestly might grow to be more.

2. Ships, this depends entirely on the world, but I am really hoping we get armada ships next update, I know what a skiff looks like, I know what a frigate looks like, and if rookes ship was any indication I know what a galleon looks like. Please give me an armada galleon kingsisle, please.

3. New level 60 talents from the clandestine trainers, this is where it gets interesting, the trainers will most certainly give new ranks of burst fire for musketeers and relentless for melee (possibly others to) but I'm not sure just witch hunter will be even close to enough for witchdoctors, so will we get a new rank of readied spell to? Or a new power? I'm a hybrid musketeer and witchdoctor so I'm good either way, but two new talents for witchdoctors sounds good to me.

4. New abilities from our regular class trainers, we have no idea what we could be getting from them in terms of powers, but in terms of talents I think we can speculate. Buccaneers probably an extra good the line or bladestorm, musketeers I'm totally blind on, not sure swashbucklers will get much more in that direction, possibly second chance, maybe privateers grab that instead? Witchdoctors definitely get mojo rising 2 and maybe mojo echo 2 possibly intuition but I doubt that.

5. New gear, we have gotten a ton of that this year, most of it unbelievably amazing, but I'm hoping for a charm here or there that can grant me some good epics, something to replace the old stuff witchdoctors and musketeers still use like mom Manchus wand and Santa Rana's hat, things to give overwatch or readied spell or vengeance strike, not an overhaul of new abilities, just something to even out the pool.

6. Will we need a new rank in talents again? Probably not. I'm not saying its tough to get rank 5 epics, if you know what you need chances are it'll be easier to get your hands on, especially for buccaneers, for instance say I want overwatch 5, get the darkmoor deathspitter, get the talent from your pet, get the last rank from Santa Rana's hat. The combo of a weapon, talent, and item are all you really need, but noob's won't even know about the clandestine trainers (which is another reason I can't wait for new players to come in ) but also because getting all of these things together can be close to impossible for some players.

7. Something to shorten long battles with friends (please please please please please please please please)

8. Mom Manchus tower might become solo-able!! (Almost certainly not but probably a ton easier) at the very least, I might not have to spend 2 hours to Max out my gold.
    1. The Kraken Skulls Companions will be getting another promotion soon! We've seen a sneak peak of Sarah Steele and she looks beautiful!

2. Kingsisle has never been too keen on letting our hands on Armada ships or stuff like that. They said it's likely they will never integrate Armada things with our personal arsenal as far as the storyline goes, but you never know, they may surprise us like with the Ashes of the Armada booster pack!

3. "20, 40, 60", most of us are expecting it to go like that at this point! Trainable epics will probably never exceed rank 3 as to keep items/pets with epics viable for special builds. (Privateers will have a natural Repel Boarders 3 one day, and any further ranks will only come from gear most likely)

4. New Abilities are always just around the corner with Kingsisle working! They haven't disappointed us with Wizard101's shadow-enhanced spells which are totally cool! That means they're constantly thinking up new abilites!

5. New, more powerful gear is always inevitable, especially in a Kingsisle game!

6. All classes will eventually learn their respective epics only up to rank 3 naturally.

7. If you didn't know already, you can use the doubloon branded, "Mark of Aquila", to summon a friendly minotaur. When he successfully uses his Vicious Charge on an enemy, combat speed will get glitched and move way, WAY faster. (Nobody's complaining, Kingsisle ) If anything, that is one glitch not worth patching.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast