Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Fall PvP Ladder Results

Before I go on to announce the official ladder results, I think it's necessary to go over a very important ladder rule.

• You MUST complete at least ONE duel every 3 weeks to remain on this ladder. If you are inactive for longer than that, you will be removed at the discretion of the TM.

Now then, after looking at this key rule and looking at the ladder participants' last activity dates, I can see that many players all over the board violated this rule. Several things could have contributed to this such as a very busy holiday season or perhaps final exams in school. Nonetheless, the requirement of 1 duel every 3 weeks is not an excessive expectation. Therefore, the actual prize distribution for the fall ladder will not exactly follow the standing placement results displayed on the ladder. That being said, the official results for the ladder are:

• 1st Place - Khione
    • 2nd Place - NinjaPikmin

A new ladder will be open very soon. Keep in the mind the rule mentioned above as well as the other rules specific to the ladder. Also, for those that aren't familiar with newer PvP rules suggested and voted on by your peers, be sure to read over those as well.

Happy New Year and happy dueling!

Note to the place winners: I do not have the codes for your prizes just yet. The holiday has had things tied up with KI being out of office, but as soon as I receive the codes I will get them to you.

Here are a few helpful links:

Winter PvP Ladder
    PvP Rules
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 01-02-2017 at 01:49 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (01-02-2017), Khione (01-02-2017)

Harry is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• Harry's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Quick Harry Abbott
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  White
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lucky

Re: Fall PvP Ladder Results

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Before I go on to announce the official ladder results, I think it's necessary to go over a very important ladder rule.

• You MUST complete at least ONE duel every 3 weeks to remain on this ladder. If you are inactive for longer than that, you will be removed at the discretion of the TM.

Now then, after looking at this key rule and looking at the ladder participants' last activity dates, I can see that many players all over the board violated this rule. Several things could have contributed to this such as a very busy holiday season or perhaps final exams in school. Nonetheless, the requirement of 1 duel every 3 weeks is not an excessive expectation. Therefore, the actual prize distribution for the fall ladder will not exactly follow the standing placement results displayed on the ladder. That being said, the official results for the ladder are:

• 1st Place - Khione
    • 2nd Place - NinjaPikmin

A new ladder will be open very soon. Keep in the mind the rule mentioned above as well as the other rules specific to the ladder. Also, for those that aren't familiar with newer PvP rules suggested and voted on by your peers, be sure to read over those as well.

Happy New Year and happy dueling!

Note to the place winners: I do not have the codes for your prizes just yet. The holiday has had things tied up with KI being out of office, but as soon as I receive the codes I will get them to you.

Here are a few helpful links:

Winter PvP Ladder
    PvP Rules
    Feels great when you get scammed I wasn't kicked out of the ladder unlike past ladders so I aussmed all was good this is very unporfinal happy new year.

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

o. o well then I won't complain but well played Ninja XD

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Feels great when you get scammed I wasn't kicked out of the ladder unlike past ladders so I aussmed all was good this is very unporfinal happy new year.
    I got a little behind with dealing with upkeep of this ladder. That is why so many were not kicked out weeks ago. However, nobody was scammed. The rules are there clear as day for all participants to view. Your last bit of activity was sadly well beyond the 3 week limit and therefore you had to be disqualified. I'm sorry if that seems unfair, but I too must not only abide by the rules but enforce them.

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

I got a little behind with dealing with upkeep of this ladder. That is why so many were not kicked out weeks ago. However, nobody was scammed. The rules are there clear as day for all participants to view. Your last bit of activity was sadly well beyond the 3 week limit and therefore you had to be disqualified. I'm sorry if that seems unfair, but I too must not only abide by the rules but enforce them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I think what happened is just a good lesson to be learnt. Maybe there needs to be a system in place to remind players of how long they have until they were to be removed from the ladder due to inactivity. I understand this may also have to be manually done then in that case maybe another TM or the TO system should come into place. The game is currently inactive due to the holidays for most but I'm sure once word spreads things will pick up in pace. For a lot of these players (like Quentin posted on CM's VM's) it was very hard to even find a match in general. Let alone some people avoiding others.

But ya what happened here is simply the rules didn't favor the majority. I was lucky to have done a match vs Ninja, while the RNG was heavily against me in that match. Shout outs to Ninja for his complete destruction of me, like the match wasn't even close I got blown out of the water. Good RNG + a God Buck = auto-lose. Back to the point, I know this better than anyone when it comes to being punished heavily by the rules. It isn't fun at all but complaining isn't gonna help, giving constructive criticism and asking for change in the future while accepting the present is really the best way to deal with these issues. Again, I've learnt this from experience.
    Last edited by Khione; 01-02-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-02-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Khione View Post
    Maybe there needs to be a system in place to remind players of how long they have until they were to be removed from the ladder due to inactivity. I understand this may also have to be manually done then in that case maybe another TM or the TO system should come into place. The game is currently inactive due to the holidays for most but I'm sure once word spreads things will pick up in pace. For a lot of these players (like Quentin posted on CM's VM's) it was very hard to even find a match in general. Let alone some people avoiding others.
    That's not a bad idea...referring to the system in place to remind players of how long they have. At the same time, last activity dates are listed on the ladders for each player. They can simply put a little self-accountability into action and double check the dates already provided for them if they can't remember how long ago they had done a match. But also due to an abnormally hectic, dramatic, hohum past few weeks I've personally had, I had failed to pay a little extra attention to some things that I normally would have which would include some reminders or just normal house keeping type tasks like deleting old incomplete challenges or removing inactive players. I'll do my best to keep up with that stuff better this season. Perhaps Deathflame will have time enough to help out as well. I know he's been extremely busy lately.

The other topic of some players avoiding others...that unfortunately happens in all ladders. There's not a whole lot we can do to keep that from happening. I think on Wiz, even, the rules are so restrictive that they're almost suffocating when it comes to ladders to keep players from sitting stagnant or from just playing the same person over and over and refusing to play others. Ideally players should openly compete with others and not reject challenges simply because they're dare I say "afraid" to battle a certain person. They should embrace the opportunity to test their skills and learn new ones along the way. Unfortunately some just don't see it that way and would rather hold their spot toward the top of the ladder (for example) than to risk a loss and being bumped down.

quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

That's not a bad idea...referring to the system in place to remind players of how long they have. At the same time, last activity dates are listed on the ladders for each player. They can simply put a little self-accountability into action and double check the dates already provided for them if they can't remember how long ago they had done a match. But also due to an abnormally hectic, dramatic, hohum past few weeks I've personally had, I had failed to pay a little extra attention to some things that I normally would have which would include some reminders or just normal house keeping type tasks like deleting old incomplete challenges or removing inactive players. I'll do my best to keep up with that stuff better this season. Perhaps Deathflame will have time enough to help out as well. I know he's been extremely busy lately.

The other topic of some players avoiding others...that unfortunately happens in all ladders. There's not a whole lot we can do to keep that from happening. I think on Wiz, even, the rules are so restrictive that they're almost suffocating when it comes to ladders to keep players from sitting stagnant or from just playing the same person over and over and refusing to play others. Ideally players should openly compete with others and not reject challenges simply because they're dare I say "afraid" to battle a certain person. They should embrace the opportunity to test their skills and learn new ones along the way. Unfortunately some just don't see it that way and would rather hold their spot toward the top of the ladder (for example) than to risk a loss and being bumped down.
    As most people know, I am always looking for matches, especially in the ladder. But I kept on asking others for matches, but could not find one. If people had been kicked out for inactivity sooner it would have been better than doing this at the very end. It seemed like no one was interested in doing matches for a long time.
    Last edited by quentin; 01-02-2017 at 11:40 PM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    As most people know, I am always looking for matches, especially in the ladder. But I kept on asking others for matches, but could not find one. If people had been kicked out for inactivity sooner it would have been better than doing this at the very end. It seemed like no one was interested in doing matches for a long time.
    When you and I had talked about the inactivity, I actually had gone through at that time and cleaned out old matches and deleted some players that were completely dead. I did so here and on Wiz Central at the same time. The ones that were left were still somewhat active, and at that time it was a little too soon to remove others. The reason several were left at the end of the season is like I've explained a few times already I got busy and did not get to go through everyone again, but either way it wouldn't have mattered since there were only a couple that did anything in December at all. What I mean is your chances of getting a match wouldn't have increased simply if players had been kicked out sooner. This was just one of those cases where dead was dead and there was no reviving it or so it seems.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 01-02-2017 at 11:51 PM.

quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

But to be fair, the rules should have been followed throughout the ladder. It doesnt seem fair to just erase dozens of match results after its conclusion.
    Last edited by quentin; 01-03-2017 at 12:06 AM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    But to be fair, the rules should have been followed throughout the ladder. Nothing against the 2 people who won, but they had at least 3 weeks of inactivity prior to their one final match, so basically, no one should win any crowns if we were to follow those rules.
    To be fair, at least they tried and completed a match where others did not. Plus even if they had been removed and then rejoined and came back and did their match, the results would have been the same. Had others at least put forth the effort to do something outside of November then things could have been a little different. That's why the decision has been made to go in this direction with things. Now then, what's done is done. There's no need in going back and forth with this. Let's just hope to have a much more busy ladder season this time.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 01-03-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast