Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Ugh I need advice for Witchdoctor for Valencia Pt 2

So i got absolutely crush and barely survived the 6rd time. That 3 range and not having 13 heals killed me. Those criticals were no joke and i used to being able to protect and heal at nearly any range.

I thinking it time to level ratbeard who level 12 and teach him repel boards 3 and hold the line to create aggro perhaps then they waiste there charge on him instead of fragile units . Other then that i not sure what i can do.

Concordia is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Concordia's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Calamity
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Haunted Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Sleepy

Re: Ugh I need advice for Witchdoctor for Valencia Pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    So i got absolutely crush and barely survived the 6rd time. That 3 range and not having 13 heals killed me. Those criticals were no joke and i used to being able to protect and heal at nearly any range.

I thinking it time to level ratbeard who level 12 and teach him repel boards 3 and hold the line to create aggro perhaps then they waiste there charge on him instead of fragile units . Other then that i not sure what i can do.
    There are various strategies that Witchdoctors may use. but I'll touch on the strategy and build I've been using in Valencia Pt. 2 on my Witch.

• Character: I invested in gear that gives your character extra heals, powers, and weapon range. My Witchdoctor is using a set of gear that gives me Rally heals, Valor's Armors, extra spells and spellpower, and a weapon range of +5. Not necessary, but helpful.

• When fighting enemies that charge or spam Relentless / Burst Fire, use as many of your summon powers as possible. They help absorb attacks and can temporarily shield your important units.

• Companions: I am using companions that strengthen my powers and have debuffing talents (Reduce Accuracy, Dodge, etc.)

• Bonnie Anne: Her infinite-range heal is a useful backup for your team when you can't heal your companions yourself. I trained her with Overwatch 3 so that charging enemies will not chain talents such as Relentless on my team.
    • Old Scratch: Almost a given on any Witchdoctor crew due to his Spellpower boosts. I use the medium-sized boost first, and then the largest one to save time and stack spellpower on my spells.
    • Carcarius Grimtooth: Most of my reason for using Carcarius is because of how powerful his Jobu's Embrace is when buffed by Scratch. However, he can be trained to learn Readied Spell 3, another debuffing talent. He is really squishy as an attacker though, so I would only recommend him as an option.

My Witch is also aided by my Scylla Spawn pet, which grants me an extra Elusive talent for when I'm in a pinch. I would suggest looking into pet grants that give your character extra powers.

I have been using this strategy in Valencia 2 with varying degrees of success, depending on the luck of my draw. Use whatever strategy suits your needs best, and good luck!

"The beyond falls within reach, but everything yonder escapes comprehension."
    Calamity -Witchdoctor - Bookpocalypse Survivor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Concordia For This Useful Post:

Starbreaker (04-20-2017)

maple9300 is online now Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Sly Emily Kidd
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Unicorn.
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

I pretty much have the same strategy as Concordia, but with one or two differences.

I also use gear that provides heals, powers, and range. Specifically, I use Scout's Headband which provides a Valor's Armor, Blood's Jacket gives the flames (Manchu's gear which gives a Mojo Storm works too), Phule's wand, which gives extra range and other gear that provides Mojo Storm, mainly the Manchu gear. Of course, this gear isn't necessary if you're not a hardcore farmer, other gear works just as well.

If you're looking for a pet, pet powers like Rainbow Blessing and Time Warp work nicely, and the usual witchdoctor epics--like Bonnie's Overwatch, if you happen to get Grants Readied Spell, you can get Readied Spell 3 which reduces the enemy's accuracy; the importance of debuffs and buffs come to light in levels like this.

Companion-wise, I also used Bonnie and Scratch for reasons listed above, but my third companion being El Toro. I think it's always useful to have at least one melee companion dishing out significant damage; if it's just one melee companion when using a witch character, it's easy to keep tabs on him instead of multiple melee, since you can just heal or Valor's Armor him when he's in trouble. My personal build for him is 2 Relentless, 1 Blade Storm, and 3 Riposte. I also find that at higher levels, the extra dodge provided by the 3rd rank of Riposte can really make a difference for swashbucklers.

My attack style is pretty standard, just your usual spamming of Mojo Storms. With Phule's Wand, you can deal significant damage from afar. So a mix of mojo storms and heals/armor when necessary should get you through Valencia II

P.S. Does anyone know of any good witch gear that provides a Valor's Fortress? Thanks.
    Last edited by maple9300; 04-20-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

Starbreaker (04-20-2017)

xNickx is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post

This is your main crew, doubloons, defensive position and tactics for Valencia 2. Beware of armada muskets, they have high magic defense and longer, than your companions, attack range. And yes, gear not so important, only weapon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2017-04-20 15-22-50-463.jpg   Picture 2017-04-20 15-35-23-715.jpg   Picture step 1.jpg   Picture step 2.jpg   Picture step 3.jpg  

Picture step 4.jpg  
    Last edited by xNickx; 04-20-2017 at 04:11 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xNickx For This Useful Post:

Nyxy (04-21-2017), Starbreaker (04-20-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Concordia View Post
    There are various strategies that Witchdoctors may use. but I'll touch on the strategy and build I've been using in Valencia Pt. 2 on my Witch.
    Companions:
    I am using companions that strengthen my powers and have debuffing talents (Reduce Accuracy, Dodge, etc.)

• Bonnie Anne: Her infinite-range heal is a useful backup for your team when you can't heal your companions yourself. I trained her with Overwatch 3 so that charging enemies will not chain talents such as Relentless on my team.
    • Old Scratch: Almost a given on any Witchdoctor crew due to his Spellpower boosts. I use the medium-sized boost first, and then the largest one to save time and stack spellpower on my spells.
    • Carcarius Grimtooth: Most of my reason for using Carcarius is because of how powerful his Jobu's Embrace is when buffed by Scratch. However, he can be trained to learn Readied Spell 3, another debuffing talent. He is really squishy as an attacker though, so I would only recommend him as an option.

My Witch is also aided by my Scylla Spawn pet, which grants me an extra Elusive talent for when I'm in a pinch. I would suggest looking into pet grants that give your character extra powers.
    I have been using this strategy in Valencia 2 with varying degrees of success, depending on the luck of my draw. Use whatever strategy suits your needs best, and good luck!
    Bonnie Anne is a primary target for all melee attackers in Valencia 2, not a good choice. She always dies first.
    Last edited by xNickx; 04-20-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

I used LOTS of Aquila summon and Armor doubloons, and a very defensive technique - find a corner and squash yourself in. Match your crew to the attackers rather than try to rely on an A-Team -- sometimes less is more as far as Epic chains go. The Contessa might fit into your strategy once you get her.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Starbreaker (04-20-2017)

monkeypoos is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeypoos's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

Though I am not so great with witchdoctors, I can give you some advice on your crew and gear. I would use the gear you get from the Tower of Moo Manchu along with the Nefarious Staff, since summons are useful to me. For your crew, I primarily use Mormo, Kan Po, Bat Masterson, and sometimes Dan Drake.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeypoos For This Useful Post:

Starbreaker (04-20-2017)

CaptainPowwow is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• CaptainPowwow's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Brave Hunter Young
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Nimitz Class Carrier
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Torn

I know it is probably not a strategy that everyone can use, but I basically used the Nefarious Staff's scorpions, Captain Blood's Jacket's blood flames, and Old Scratch. I breezed through every fight without losing anyone on my witch.

However, if you don't have blood flames or scorpions, you should invest in shields and heals combined with mojo flow. Also, try taking a more defensive approach to fighting. Let the enemy come to you instead of charging and find a protective corner of the battlefield.
    Last edited by CaptainPowwow; 04-20-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    [Main:Brave Hunter Young-Privateer-Level 70-Summer PvP Champion-Wiki Master]

{[(POTCO - Powwow - level 50)]}

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Feel the difference, two crabs have killed each other, thanks pet's charming gaze. Otherwise this crew is dead or at least lost one or two companions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2017-04-20 23-28-19-258.jpg  

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I never thought of scorpion swarm and other summons and taking to corner. It does makes sense and protects to soft companions at the back i guess it time to dust off the old summons powers and incorporate them in an advance strategy. Thank you all very much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast