recklesspat is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Ugh I need advice for Witchdoctor for Valencia Pt 2

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    So i got absolutely crush and barely survived the 6rd time. That 3 range and not having 13 heals killed me. Those criticals were no joke and i used to being able to protect and heal at nearly any range.
    I thinking it time to level ratbeard who level 12 and teach him repel boards 3 and hold the line to create aggro perhaps then they waiste there charge on him instead of fragile units . Other then that i not sure what i can do.
    I'd highly recommend trying Gracie for your fourth companion (I use Scratch some other ranged, such as Mormo, the shark or Bonnie). She can train HTL (can't remember if she can get up to HTL 3) and can summon a minion that has HTL as well -- together they can do a great job protecting you from a surprise critical death while you and the rest of the crew pound the enemy for a turn or two, which can make a huge difference.

In addition, her mine can do a lot of damage with a Scratch buff and since she's Will-based, she benefits from any Will-based buffs (I like to use a pet with Grants Steadying Speech).

Before Valencia 2, I used a crew of Scratch, the Shark and Mormo. Things went pretty smoothly with Scratch buffs and Blood Flames. But after getting hammered in a few battles in Valencia, I switched to using Gracie and things went much smoother. I typically don't use Doubloons much, perhaps they would have made a significant difference too.
    Last edited by recklesspat; 04-22-2017 at 06:38 PM.

xNickx is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by recklesspat View Post
    Before Valencia 2, I used a crew of Scratch, the Shark and Mormo. Things went pretty smoothly with Scratch buffs and Blood Flames. But after getting hammered in a few battles in Valencia, I switched to using Gracie and things went much smoother. I typically don't use Doubloons much, perhaps they would have made a significant difference too.
    Scratch, the Shark and Mormo themselves work smoothly only against pack of armada buccaneers. Swashbucklers and muskets required special, more defensive tactics, mass summons (hoplites and scorpions) and lot of doubloons (shown earlier).

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by xNickx View Post
    Scratch, the Shark and Mormo themselves work smoothly only against pack of armada buccaneers. Swashbucklers and muskets required special, more defensive tactics, mass summons (hoplites and scorpions) and lot of doubloons (shown earlier).
    i didn't like how mass and doubloon summons slow things down. I didn't really need them when using Gracie.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

i didn't like how mass and doubloon summons slow things down. I didn't really need them when using Gracie.
    Gracie itself not to much help. Not enough damage, protection and epics against armada buccaneers and dodge is low too, especially against armada swashbucklers. She is a first candidate to be killed in a fight.
    Last edited by xNickx; 05-05-2017 at 03:07 PM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by xNickx View Post
    Gracie itself not to much help. Not enough damage, protection and epics against armada buccaneers and dodge is low too, especially against armada swashbucklers. She is a first candidate to be killed in a fight.
    Doesnt sound you're using her effectively. Try using her minion and her mine.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Doesnt sound you're using her effectively. Try using her minion and her mine.
    I have better strategy.

ToonTown565 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Distractions are essential for a witch in Valencia 2. Those special strikes used on a Stygian chorus member, could've been used on you, or scratch!
    ~ 2/6 Characters Complete! ~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (05-08-2017)

bestbrigain is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I agree you should minion, but I'm a witch/musket hybrid so things work a bit differently for me. For the most part though I see where your coming from. Try to use scratch, Bonnie Anne/ carcarius, and Mormon, in that order. Try to use slowing powers like widows touch, it won't help for long because in most fights distance isn't your ally, but focus on using powers like charm to and Stygian chorus, then let loose with mojo storm and jobus ruse until the cows come home. That's all I can give in terms of advice for now, hope it helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2