Logan is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

3rd MMO?????

Found this today at Kingsisle's Jobs website. They're planning to release a 3rd MMO that was supposed to be released in Jan 2015 but they shelved it instead (according to a few former employees there i'm in touch with)

Yeah. When they can't update their 2nd MMO.

Keep up with the optimism.

Also i have proof that what i'm saying about that shleved MMO is right. Just you'll need to PM me instead
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170516_120045.jpg  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (05-16-2017), CaptainPowwow (05-16-2017), firemaniac221 (05-18-2017), sniperafk (05-17-2017)

ValkoortheVictorious is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Re: 3rd MMO?????

I actually believe that that very same job listing (or something similar) has been on the KingsIsle website for nearly 4 years....maybe even more. I've seen it posted/linked to/discussed in threads on the P101 & W101 Message Boards, and here on Central on several occasions (pretty much shows up at least once a year), and as far back as 2014.

Sure, it could be linked to the "shelved" 3rd MMO, or possibly an entirely new MMO, or maybe KI is merely always looking to expand on their gaming business (go figure...why would they do that sort of thing). But that particular job listing isn't really "new news" and I don't think it concretely spells the end (or beginning) of anything. If anything, it just shows that KI likes what they do (and have done) and wishes to continue to provide quality, fun-filled, family friendly games to the MMO gaming community. I'm sure they're perpetually on the market for quality talents, great story telling and new adventures.

But yeah, that job listing has been around for a looooooong time.
    Last edited by ValkoortheVictorious; 05-16-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added text

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ValkoortheVictorious For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (05-16-2017), monkeypoos (05-16-2017), Willowdreamer (05-16-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by ValkoortheVictorious View Post
    I actually believe that that very same job listing (or something similar) has been on the KingsIsle website for nearly 4 years....maybe even more. I've seen it posted/linked to/discussed in threads on the P101 & W101 Message Boards, and here on Central on several occasions (pretty much shows up at least once a year), and as far back as 2014.

Sure, it could be linked to the "shelved" 3rd MMO, or possibly an entirely new MMO, or maybe KI is merely always looking to expand on their gaming business (go figure...why would they do that sort of thing). But that particular job listing isn't really "new news" and I don't think it concretely spells the end (or beginning) of anything. If anything, it just shows that KI likes what they do (and have done) and wishes to continue to provide quality, fun-filled, family friendly games to the MMO gaming community. I'm sure they're perpetually on the market for quality talents, great story telling and new adventures.

But yeah, that job listing has been around for a looooooong time.

Nope. It means a lot. It means that Kingsisle will be focusing on that 3rd MMO and Wizard101. Pirate101 may high likely be neglected for a long time. It means that they're going to update that 3rd MMO for a couple years then they'll neglect it for another project like what they did to Pirate101 & their mobile games. It means a lot of things.

Decius mentioned that KI is pretty busy recently, Correct? Surely not with Pirate101. Of course busy with getting that MMO game out to the surface. And The fact that i heard from a bunch of friends that Kingsisle will/May be joining E3 next month means that they are planning to view a new PC Game.

And no. The position was added recently. Last time i checked 2 months ago there was only Server Admin positions, Mobile Games Designing Positions, QA Positions and Sites Designing positions.

monkeypoos is offline Rookie

• monkeypoos's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Seems unlikely. Even if it were to be true, I doubt I will be interested in it, though I'll most likely try it out at least. I may play it if it takes place in the spiral, but I'd prefer sticking with W101 and P101. In a thread on the boards, someone said they met somebody who claimed to be a KI employee that said both MMOs will be shutting down, and OEJ said it was a false claim. P101 may be slow to update but it's not shutting down anytime soon. Complaining constantly about the situation won't get us anywhere. It hasn't even been a year yet since Valencia 2.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeypoos For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious (05-16-2017), Willowdreamer (05-16-2017)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

You know what? This third MMO has been a topic of discussion off-and-on since I started playing Wizard101 back in 2009. It has probably gone from back burner to front burner a dozen times, and the powers-that-be at Kingsisle probably still have a lot of discussion about when the best time to actually announce it would be. With the great shake-up they had last year, it went to the back burner again, and the fact that they've posted their Help Wanted ad again means they are toying with bringing it back onto someone's desk. They probably have a TON of development already invested in it, and with all of the technology changes, not to mention game engine revamps and other stuff I know nothing about, it may or may not move forward once again.

When Pirate101 was first announced, there was some concern in the community that Wizard101 would be abandoned in favor of the "new kid on the block" but we all know how that worked out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

ValkoortheVictorious (05-16-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    You know what? This third MMO has been a topic of discussion off-and-on since I started playing Wizard101 back in 2009. It has probably gone from back burner to front burner a dozen times, and the powers-that-be at Kingsisle probably still have a lot of discussion about when the best time to actually announce it would be. With the great shake-up they had last year, it went to the back burner again, and the fact that they've posted their Help Wanted ad again means they are toying with bringing it back onto someone's desk. They probably have a TON of development already invested in it, and with all of the technology changes, not to mention game engine revamps and other stuff I know nothing about, it may or may not move forward once again.

When Pirate101 was first announced, there was some concern in the community that Wizard101 would be abandoned in favor of the "new kid on the block" but we all know how that worked out.

What you guys dont know is that its a small MMO and its still in alpha stages. They are planning to release it when its not even finished. Plus they dont have the time or resources to update a 3rd MMO. Pirate101 is already struggling and they can't even push an update for it right now.

Here's what Kingsisle has been doing recently if you haven't noticed yet, Sadly.

Kingsisle starts a new project
    Kingsisle Announces that project if its ready
    They promise that it'll be one of the best and that it'll bring huge amount of audience
    They promise that they'll bring some decent content that this game's audience deserves
    Then a couple years later, They completely ditch it for other projects

To me, Any Kingsisle Future project isn't an Investment worthy. If KI has no honest direction and keeps switching from a project to another, They aren't trust worthy. They lost the Pirate101 Original Loyal fans trust, and any investments towards any future game is a waste of my wallet's money and a waste of time on playing that game. Pretty much i was done with Kingsisle since the limbo of the 10% complete Book 15. And who wonders how short the 2nd arc world is gonna be *If there'll be any plans to update the game*
    Last edited by Logan; 05-16-2017 at 06:18 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

Ravino (05-16-2017)

ValkoortheVictorious is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Nope. It means a lot. It means that Kingsisle will be focusing on that 3rd MMO and Wizard101. Pirate101 may high likely be neglected for a long time. It means that they're going to update that 3rd MMO for a couple years then they'll neglect it for another project like what they did to Pirate101 & their mobile games. It means a lot of things.

Decius mentioned that KI is pretty busy recently, Correct? Surely not with Pirate101. Of course busy with getting that MMO game out to the surface. And The fact that i heard from a bunch of friends that Kingsisle will/May be joining E3 next month means that they are planning to view a new PC Game.

And no. The position was added recently. Last time i checked 2 months ago there was only Server Admin positions, Mobile Games Designing Positions, QA Positions and Sites Designing positions.
    Look, absolutely no disrespect intended, but it's no secret that KI may (or may not) be working on a new MMO, may (or may not) solely focus on working on W101, may not (or may) continue to focus on P101, may (or may not) produce more mobile games, may (or may not) shift everything to STEAM and so on and so on -- it's their job and business to do any or all of those things.

My point was that, based upon what you posted, it doesn't prove anything, one way or the other. That job listing (or similar ones mentioning a 3rd MMO) has, in fact, been on the KI website, off and on, for the past 4+ years. You can do a search, if you wish, and you will find that that very listing has popped up and been the source of speculation/debate/discussion across all of the forums, from time to time (in these past 4 years). There have been several threads started up with the same "A 3rd KI MMO" theme, and as of yet nothing has come to fruition.

But...and I repeat...but, KI may very well be working on a new MMO and as a business, they should do so, if it fits within their business goals and direction. But the job listing (or mentioning of a 3rd MMO) you posted has been posted/speculated over throughout the past few years, so it is no clear cut sign that anything is happening soon and that P101 is being sunk at sea. It very well may be, but what you shared does not qualify as concrete evidence. People have been posting about a new MMO and P101 being dead for quite some time. If one or both happens, it happens. But until KI actually comes out and says it, I take it with a grain of salt. There have been countless people "crying wolf" and claiming to have the inside scoop, that have posted what they supposedly know. The vast majority of the time, those wolfy cries prove to be just that and they come and go and everything remains the same. Unless it comes from KI reps, themselves, it's no more than speculation or someone trying to be the first to say "they saw it coming & I told you so". I myself have had contact with KI members...but that doesn't qualify me to know exactly what is going on and represent them from a business standpoint.

Also, they were at E3 last year and as a gaming company, they should be and should have done it much sooner. They tapped into the mobile market, have incorporated STEAM, are looking for new games to develop, and are surely looking to broaden their business approach -- so being at E3 is a smart move. And a company can be busy for many reasons -- a new game to develop, to work on old game, to go fishing for the halibut, to develop mobile games, to revamp their already in place systems....and more. An employee stating they are busy working on new things, can go any which way you choose to take it.

Again, they may have no desire or intent to continue updating P101. But they may have every intent of doing so if STEAM works out, the new mobile games take off and business gets back to booming. They may very well develop a new MMO or even a new '101' game. They may only focus on W101 from here on out -- it's all very real possibilities and only they know. And it's their business to take their business into whichever direction they see fit.

My point (again) was just that the job listing post doesn't qualify as concrete evidence of anything. Especially when it has been seen throughout the past few years and also a new 3rd MMO has been speculated over even more so. Until it comes from KI, it's just biased speculation from various sources. Some see and hold onto the positive. And some see and hold onto the negative. Whatever happens with P101, will happen. But word will come from KI, either in the form of good news or bad news. And both are very real possibilities.
    Last edited by ValkoortheVictorious; 05-16-2017 at 07:42 PM. Reason: poor grammar and worster spelling

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ValkoortheVictorious For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (05-16-2017), Mistress of Hoodoo (05-18-2017), monkeypoos (05-16-2017), NumberCruncher (05-21-2017), Ravino (05-16-2017), Virtuous Vanessa (05-16-2017), Willowdreamer (05-16-2017)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Willowdreamer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciful Molly Mainstay
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

They lost the Pirate101 Original Loyal fans trust
    Not mine...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Dragonpenguin123 (05-17-2017), kaosxtech (05-18-2017)

monkeypoos is offline Rookie

• monkeypoos's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Not mine...
    Not mine either! As well as many others'...

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

17. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeypoos For This Useful Post:

kaosxtech (05-18-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

What you guys dont know is that its a small MMO and its still in alpha stages. They are planning to release it when its not even finished. Plus they dont have the time or resources to update a 3rd MMO. Pirate101 is already struggling and they can't even push an update for it right now.

Here's what Kingsisle has been doing recently if you haven't noticed yet, Sadly.

Kingsisle starts a new project
    Kingsisle Announces that project if its ready
    They promise that it'll be one of the best and that it'll bring huge amount of audience
    They promise that they'll bring some decent content that this game's audience deserves
    Then a couple years later, They completely ditch it for other projects

To me, Any Kingsisle Future project isn't an Investment worthy. If KI has no honest direction and keeps switching from a project to another, They aren't trust worthy. They lost the Pirate101 Original Loyal fans trust, and any investments towards any future game is a waste of my wallet's money and a waste of time on playing that game. Pretty much i was done with Kingsisle since the limbo of the 10% complete Book 15. And who wonders how short the 2nd arc world is gonna be *If there'll be any plans to update the game*
    Kingsisle changed course on pirate101 original story to help in the updating process and start new. We have no idea how much work went into the story before it was litterally scrapped by kingsisle for a fresh start. Wizard101 just got there update which mean we will be getting something soon and Ratbeard mentioned Darkmoor being in the works as in sooner rather then "eventually". If we went based on the progression of the story has we should of went to krok or Grizz. Both of those worlds already have much usable art and canvas to make a full world with similar and different features. Instead Ki changed the story and now we get a full world version of just a little area of what wizard got with there castle darkmoor update. If anything ki bring back pirate101 unique worlds so i not going to rush content when there taking a more creative turn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast