•  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Re: Your comment about KI Live

I'm fine with KI neglecting Pirate101 and working on Wiz mostly if they're testing more changing core features like the turn system. Tom wasn't subtle at all saying the tournament mode was a way to test the idea before implementing it fully into the game as a permanent feature. I really am all for KI taking some time to not focus on content but fixing core problems of their game. One thing we have to accept as a Pirate101 community is, Wizard101 is their eldest child. Its having a teenager phase where nobody knows whats going on so I'm glad they're taking the first few steps with testing a game on the steam platform and hopefully that goes well so P101&W101 will move to that platform as well. I also hope the Wizard101 test realm that comes out also does well, it will allow them to test and possibly change a huge mechanic in their game which has been the biggest discussion in pvp since it was implemented into the game. If all these changes lead to old players returning and creating more opportunities for Wizard101 in the future, they will get more $$$ which leads to more resources which leads to better quality and quantity of updates to come for all their games including Pirate101 in the future.

Am I sad that Pirate101 is being neglected? Absolutely. However, I think KI is on the right track. Rebuilding how they approach stuff like this is tricky so I don't mind waiting to see what happens. Especially if this is the direction they keep going I see bright things for Pirate101 in the future, maybe far into it but I'll gladly wait for now.
    Last edited by Khione; 06-01-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Mistress of Hoodoo (06-01-2017),monkeycrew (06-01-2017),Ravino (06-01-2017),Willowdreamer (06-01-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Khione View Post
    I'm fine with KI neglecting Pirate101 and working on Wiz mostly if they're testing more changing core features like the turn system. Tom wasn't subtle at all saying the tournament mode was a way to test the idea before implementing it fully into the game as a permanent feature. I really am all for KI taking some time to not focus on content but fixing core problems of their game. One thing we have to accept as a Pirate101 community is, Wizard101 is their eldest child. Its having a teenager phase where nobody knows whats going on so I'm glad they're taking the first few steps with testing a game on the steam platform and hopefully that goes well so P101&W101 will move to that platform as well. I also hope the Wizard101 test realm that comes out also does well, it will allow them to test and possibly change a huge mechanic in their game which has been the biggest discussion in pvp since it was implemented into the game. If all these changes lead to old players returning and creating more opportunities for Wizard101 in the future, they will get more $$$ which leads to more resources which leads to better quality and quantity of updates to come for all their games including Pirate101 in the future.

Am I sad that Pirate101 is being neglected? Absolutely. However, I think KI is on the right track. Rebuilding how they approach stuff like this is tricky so I don't mind waiting to see what happens. Especially if this is the direction they keep going I see bright things for Pirate101 in the future, maybe far into it but I'll gladly wait for now.
    That's most certainly my comment regarding KI Live on Wiz, it's long overdue for them to FIX content, I have 100% support on fixing the flaws from the game's past rather adding new content and bringing in more and more possibilities for issues (or straight issues, depending on what they're doing).

Though I'm perfectly fine with their greater attention being on wizards, P101 does need some love. If Wiz is their "elder child", then Pirates might be their "middle child with strong hints of soon falling into depression"... even so W101 may give us the support we need (eh, time/resources for KI to give us some attention), or it may shine so bright that we're neglected once and for all (hmm, our KI-parents have no need for failed children).

So where will this lead us, I wonder?

~R

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

bestbrigain (06-01-2017)

bestbrigain is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

If pirate is a middle child then why has the youngest child gotten the most attention? Why did ki work on apps that never shot off like rise and destroy, alpha cat, and ever clicker instead of pirate or wizard? Why work on youngest when you have an elder and a middle child to look after? Those apps haven't made anything in comparison to pirate or wizard, yet ki still worked on them, to the point the developers themselves started to complain about it, so it really doesn't make sense to me why they worked on apps instead of fixing pirate. I will admit, wiz does need improvements and it should be looked after. But this is like a house lighting on fire and trimming The lawn while it burns to the ground. I can see why Coleman left.
    Last edited by bestbrigain; 06-01-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by bestbrigain View Post
    If pirate is a middle child then why has the youngest child gotten the most attention? Why did ki work on apps that never shot off like rise and destroy, alpha cat, and ever clicker instead of pirate or wizard? Why work on youngest when you have an elder and a middle child to look after? Those apps haven't made anything in comparison to pirate or wizard, yet ki still worked on them, to the point the developers themselves started to complain about it, so it really doesn't make sense to me why they worked on apps instead of fixing pirate. I will admit, wiz does need improvements and it should be looked after. But this is like a house lighting on fire and trimming The lawn while it burns to the ground. I can see why Coleman left.
    Because the CEO thought he'd be the new Mark Zuckerberg and that he'd make something revolutional and unique than ever. He thought his Mobile games would be the new Pokemon GO and bring him money more than the MMOs he has, Thats why they neglected the original Book 15 when they were almost done with the designs and the world finishing touches back in Fall 2014. KI has no honest direction, The Mobile games switching decision started in fall 2014, The same TIME when book 15 was about to get released.If you go back to 2014 Update notes, We had a Small Patch update before the scrip system and ship cabin update that said in a line:''While preparing for a larger update to Pirate101, we have made the following bug fixes and improvements.''So we WERE SURELY gonna get book 15 with the scrip and ship cabin update. Even some Concept arts for Captain Hande and some Valencia II Areas had a ''Copyright Kingsisle 2014'' down the corner in those concept art pieces. But they HAD to stop immediately because the CEO asked them to work on mobile games so LOL.Of course Pirate101 Team was on the edge of budget issues because of the time and money they've spent on a world and it's assets and storyline went down the drain. That led to the hiatus of any future update until Ranked PvP came in 2015 (which was the last of the game expanding updates that improves the game's stability and adds new systems into the game) to move the wheel a bit for them to release the revised rushed book 15, There! Book 15 as promised but.. we wrapped the arc pretty quick with a happy ending, Everybody wins! Asking for Coleman? Coleman left in 2013 because he didn't like the CEO's direction to mobile games. Elie had the mobile games idea floating around that time when KI added a ''coming soon'' badge for some 2D Mobile games that we didn't know about until 2015. Thats what most of us realized with time.LOL. As expected. Yeah lets keep our hopes up for a sinking ship to stay afloat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2017-06-01-21-44-56.jpg  
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 06-01-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: double posted
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-01-2017),DarkFire054 (06-01-2017)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    LOL. As expected. Yeah lets keep our hopes up for a sinking ship to stay afloat.
    KI isn't gonna just tell someone what they are working on through a direct message.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Nojow (06-01-2017)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoos View Post
    KI isn't gonna just tell someone what they are working on through a direct message.
    But i didn't ask them what the next update is going to hold. I asked IF they were working on an update. Reply could have been "Stay Tuned" or "We do not give any Spoiler Information regarding an update"
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-01-2017),DarkFire054 (06-01-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    But i didn't ask them what the next update is going to hold. I asked IF they were working on an update. Reply could have been "Stay Tuned" or "We do not give any Spoiler Information regarding an update"
    It may simply be a poor choice of words or the employee in question is not paying attention to game development. I'm not sure how many people handle their Twitter but until we can know that for certain, all possibilities of misinformation are just as likely as the statement being entirely true.

~R

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (06-01-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234