My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Fine

Re: Why won't they just KILL the game?

It's actually kinda genius that they keep a dead game with a small but fervent community open because it's a relatively low-cost venture and low-effort venture (the most expensive is paying for servers, and even then I believe they have dynamic capacity because sometimes perfect realms lag like crowded realms on P101 while on W101 they run excellently; and the most effort is developing something quick to keep the illusion that the game is not dying) in exchange for a decent amount of money from its loyal playerbase on the hope that some content comes out.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toa of Gallifrey For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (06-16-2017),Seraphim of Light (06-12-2017),Willowdreamer (06-11-2017)

razgar is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

They do not kill is because they MAKE MONEY from it / very simple

and people keep saying oh it takes SO LONG to make a new world etc / yet in the time pirate got ONE / wizard got how many ? 6 or 7 /

KI has no on working on pirate it is just obvious

vaivorik is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

It's funny how KI desperately asks us to invite more players... But if they actually want to make more money and increase player population they need to invest a little and create content. But they aren't doing anything, of course they won't get income otherwise. So they better start loving and flourish this game. What do they expect? Money fall from the sky? The only problem is lack of updates and activities in this game.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Artistic

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    They won't kill the game because there are still enough players to keep it alive.

Basically this^

I just really that this game can get more updates, I mean I know Wizard is their priority without a doubt, but if they want more players they should really advertise the game more and make more of an effort to attract players. (Faster updates, adding new features) it would also make them a lot of money.

Find me on W101 Central: Here

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alyssa Nightingale For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (06-16-2017),Seraphim of Light (06-15-2017)

Luvas is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Luvas's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Alura De Bouff
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I would not mind if Pirate101 got the axe, but I bought a lot of stuff for this game. I could see it all go, except the kickstarter "Boochbeard Bundle"; I feel like I was promised a long-lived game when I made that expensive purchase, and for my support I'd at least like some small reparation in Wizard101 - at least let my Wizard wear the Dread Pirate outfit that came with the Boochbeard Bundle, if Pirate101 ever gets shut down. Another problem I have with Wizard101 - other than the different gameplay - is the character models being so outdated. Update those, and I might come back to it should the inevitable happen with P101.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    They won't kill the game because there are still enough players to keep it alive.
    Not saying I disagree, but that I think Pirate101 is running off of Wizard101 and general KingsIsle profits more than its own playerbase.
    Last edited by Luvas; 06-17-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Luvas View Post
    I would not mind if Pirate101 got the axe, but I bought a lot of stuff for this game. I could see it all go, except the kickstarter "Boochbeard Bundle"; I feel like I was promised a long-lived game when I made that expensive purchase, and for my support I'd at least like some small reparation in Wizard101 - at least let my Wizard wear the Dread Pirate outfit that came with the Boochbeard Bundle, if Pirate101 ever gets shut down. Another problem I have with Wizard101 - other than the different gameplay - is the character models being so outdated. Update those, and I might come back to it should the inevitable happen with P101.
    Not saying I disagree, but that I think Pirate101 is running off of Wizard101 and general KingsIsle profits more than its own playerbase.
    I also purchased the Boochbeard Bundle, and I have to say that five years (at this point, I'm sure the game will make it to it's fifth anniversary) is pretty good value for that money. I don't know if I would want my wizard to wear a true Pirate's outfit, though. It would be a sad reminder to me.

You could be right, but I actually see a lot of pirates running around the Spiral questing. Many of them have pack gear or mounts, etc., and people do post left and right about spending tons of crowns trying to get pack companions, or about teams consisting of Crown Shop companions. Crowns make the Spiral go round for both games.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

LuckyDuck (06-20-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Thanks, Willow, for all that you do for the community. I just got back to P101 after a few years of not playing (can't really remember why I left - it's a great game) and I was so sad to see the realms so empty. I hope KI doesn't nuke it. I haven't even worn my Boochbeard Bundle outfit yet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Calico Jill For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (06-25-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12