View Poll Results: What is your favorite world?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skull Island

0 0%
  • Monquista

0 0%
  • Valencia

1 6.67%
  • Cool Ranch

5 33.33%
  • Mooshu

0 0%
  • Marleybone

8 53.33%
  • Aquila

1 6.67%
       haogaq is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Favorite Worlds for Arc 1

Name your least favorite world to the most favorite world with numbers like:

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Re: Favorite Worlds for Arc 1

1. Cool Ranch
    2. Cool Ranch
    3. Cool Ranch
    4. Marleybone
    5. Valencia

BlueSpider is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

1. Marleybone
    2. Cool Ranch - Was way to long imo, but the story and side quests were solid.
    3. Aquila
    4. Valencia P. 1 & 2
    5. Mooshu

Tough call between Mooshu and Monquista, I disliked both but Mooshu had some nostalgia from Wizard101 and I was a higher level so it was a bit more exciting than Monquista.

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

I decided to tackle all of the Spiral's worlds currently open for us Pirates to explore as apposed to just 5 with as much detial as my tired self can muster, below is a list of my favoirte worlds, best to least, please note there are likley some aspects of each world i likely left out ( like right now i just remembered the Stupendor X battle while editing ) and looking back while typing this bit, it seems my list has allot more to do with Immersion than gameplay/ design or clothing ( though with that being said the first 3 worlds can be a 3 way tie, or simply swap 2 and 1 around )

1. Marleybone- the atmosphere of the world was done very well, it really went and showed us the ramifications for going along with Catbeard's plans were and played it off seriously, even though some of the quest chains tired out the tension, the music flowed well and really added to the tension of the situation ( especially the sky-way/ Victory combat track ), and who dosen't love a Death ( the word often used was censored oops) mission into a giant war machine ( this is what the machine should have felt like, Ki), overall, everything complies well together to make a really good chapter in the first arc ( and i'm hoping that our helping catbeard start this mess is further explored, it has potential )

2- Aquilla- a very close second to Mb, they could easily both be #1 in my eyes, but Mb gets points for originality, for Aquila, my love of the world stems from my love of Greek mythology, so to see a good amount of it being shown off in the world was enough to put it up so high, because i don't think there's many games where you partake in the Trojan war, or recruit a demi-god to your crew, and then there's the sacrifice made during your trip, it really made you start to wonder what the PC's past was like, and there is likely more Greek stuff they can tackle yet

3- Skull Island- The world that starts it all, Skull island is important in the sentiment department, because like Wizard City, its the opening act, the hook meant to drag you into this side of the spiral, and it did, for me, the fact that the story puts you in the center for the conflict for your own reasons made it much more immersive than W101, where you are just " chosen" from who knows where to be the next best student ( abiet your'e " the one " too, but it could be chalked up to your parents + what landed you in prison that gave you a reputation ), it made me want to keep going and amass my crew together and see what wild adventures were going to be around the next turn , in short, Skull Island makes it on the list because the hook into the story is much Stronger Imo compared to W101, since it makes you the player have a reason to be in this conflict , which W101 lacked in my eyes, even though both games have a good hook.

4- Cool Ranch- Pre-stagecoach and bumbaloon days, Cool ranch was a longer, slog-filled world that took awhile to get through being the biggest game in the world, now im i dont usually follow the wild west that long, but Pre-coach, The El Toro and Mag 7 arcs of Cr always stood out to me, for whatever reason these lawbringers that took it upon themselves to fight crime piqued my interest, and made the world more manageable, plus, you even get some of them on your'e crew ( Fort Eelena is alo a great part, but its in Skull Island during a break point ), Fast forward to having stage coaches in the game and the world becamse much more tolerable, and made all the arcs and tibets of the world more enjoyable, I did like allot of what i saw in CR, but some of the appeal to begin with got burred under how long the world felt at times

5- Valencia- Another world that has a great way of getting you immersed in all the happenings, the first time you enter it you get to really see how powerful the Armada is with their Ironclad grip on the skyway, with the machine being viewable on all angels of the sky, and presumably the world, its in the center of the stormy skyway, looming over with an imposing feel to it, with the rest of the skyway being sneaking around trying to find answers, and the second trip even tackles a tiny bit of political matters for the spiral, and sheds more light on the armada's leader, Kane. Unfourntatley for me Vl had to be put rather far down the list because of the fact that PT.2 felt rushed, and getting the last quest of the arc was a real immersion breaker, when i first saw it in the TR, my thoughts where " its over already?", thats not to say the second trip to " the center of the spiral " wasnt a bad one, but it could have used allot more fleshing out/world building, it still has potential that I hope KI uses

6- Mooshu- there isnt allot to say about this world, i do like it, but i have no remarkable feelings towards it, the story was nice in but the only thing thats memorable for me in the main story was getting Sun Wukong ( Monkey King) on the crew, which is now shaping out to be a bunch of wise guys with all the quips they make; my hopes for Mooshu is that they show a bit of the 3 kingdoms era if it somehow fits in, I can totally see them doing the battle of Chi Bi as a naval battle if the engine allowed for it ( and i can see them making the 5 Tiger generals actual tigers )

7- Monquisita- Its one of the shortest worlds in the game so there isnt too much to remark about, it was nice to see more of the political side and corruption that comes with it in the spiral, it was nice to start a revolt and learn more about Gortez and hunt for the Monkeys paw ( and the one million bananas ) , but there really isnt much i take away from it, aside from wondering how they got away with some of the religious aspects ( even though very barley touched on ) in the times we live in; Honeslty, other than gortez, the only thing i want to see from Monqusitia as of now is a skyway full of Gorillas where the PC and co are the tiny ones, to make it an inverse of the first skyway,

All in all, there isnt really a world I dislike in P101, as they all have loveable aspects to them, and i hope this year we can get an 8th to add on to the list of loved worlds
    Last edited by DarkFire054; 06-27-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

Dragonpenguin123 (06-28-2017)