Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Crushcut's Avatar
       Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  1
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,366
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4,855
    Thanks (Received)
    1,047
    Gold
    1,735
    Blog Entries
    49
    Bookworm

    Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    So I've left the forums for a long time now to focus on my reality behind the screen. At the same time, I've left behind the grinding life in Pirate101 due to the lack of luck I've had with obtaining special drops from bosses. The following drops are ones I have yet to obtain, BUT have farmed for since 2012-2013:

    Armadillo Verde
    Radical Attire
    Blood's Reaver/Captain Blood's Hook
    Moo Manchu's Wand
    Price of Illios Quiver
    Eyes of the Cobra

    The thread's title speaks for itself. Has the drop rate for any special drops improved? If not, I really can't find myself continuing to even farm in this game anymore.



  2. #2
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,880
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,468
    Thanks (Received)
    8,570
    Gold
    1,462
    Fine

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    They may have added some Second Chance chests you weren't aware of, but actual drop rates don't seem to have changed over the years. Farming for any one particular piece of gear could take anywhere from a few battles to a very long time.

    Sorry.





  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (07-11-2017)


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    335
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    167
    Thanks (Received)
    287
    Gold
    40

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    I was farming for Eyes of the Cobra last year and I got it after 40 or 50+ runs (could be 60). Also prince of Illios Quiver: ~30 runs and got nothing (but I didn't farm for it since). I think those particular drop rates stayed the same, however I can't speak for the others.



  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CompanionMechanics For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (07-11-2017)


  6. #4
    Crushcut's Avatar
       Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  1
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,366
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4,855
    Thanks (Received)
    1,047
    Gold
    1,735
    Blog Entries
    49
    Bookworm

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    They may have added some Second Chance chests you weren't aware of, but actual drop rates don't seem to have changed over the years. Farming for any one particular piece of gear could take anywhere from a few battles to a very long time.

    Sorry.

    I am already well aware of Second Chance chests since my departed Wizard101 days. If this is the case in which the random number generator has caused nothing but physical impairment and discouragement for me, then I can't even bother doing such pesterous grinding anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free to Play Noob View Post
    I was farming for Eyes of the Cobra last year and I got it after 40 or 50+ runs (could be 60). Also prince of Illios Quiver: ~30 runs and got nothing (but I didn't farm for it since). I think those particular drop rates stayed the same, however I can't speak for the others.
    You actually kept count? Nice! Darn, I think KI's random number generator really does not treat well overall for a bunch of players, since people would have to resort to nabbing crowns with ads, contents/raffles, or real money for the Second Chance chests. It is unfortunate for me to say how disappointed I am KI would have to stoop to this tactic on top of following the classic mmo stratagem of having the game be "pay to progress"



  7. #5
    maple9300's Avatar
       maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Gin no Melody
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    439
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    385
    Thanks (Received)
    375
    Gold
    522
    Procrastinating

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    So the drop rate of items all depends on a random number generator, which is why the drops I hear of are just plain arbitrary? Wouldn't it be better if all items had fixed drop rates? Like, I was playing this one game and evey single item, from usables to equipment and miscellaneous had a drop rate. Common drops had high drop rates, ranging from 20-100%, while rare items, MVP gear and cards had rates low as .2%. I think it'd be better fixed than a random generator that's frankly, not fair to everyone putting in so much time grinding. So instead of 100 different possible drops, lower the amount of drops from a monster's loot tables has and give the rare and common items drop rates, so you have a chance at actually getting what you're grinding for.
    Last edited by maple9300; 07-30-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler




  8. The Following User Says Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (08-03-2017)


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    375
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    825
    Thanks (Received)
    566
    Gold
    227
    Curious

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    Quote Originally Posted by maple9300 View Post
    So the drop rate of items all depends on a random number generator, which is why the drops I hear of are just plain arbitrary? Wouldn't it be better if all items had fixed drop rates? Like, I was playing this one game and evey single item, from usables to equipment and miscellaneous had a drop rate. Common drops had high drop rates, ranging from 20-100%, while rare items, MVP gear and cards had rates low as .2%. I think it'd be better fixed than a random generator that's frankly, not fair to everyone putting in so much time grinding. So instead of 100 different possible drops, lower the amount of drops from a monster's loot tables has and give the rare and common items drop rates, so you have a chance at actually getting what you're grinding for.
    Well, actually it's not an absolute Random Number Generator. Ratbeard has explained there's different loot tables on unique bosses including Moo Manchu and Captain Blood, their unique drops exist in a separate list that only occurs to drop occasionally. Both Moo and Blood probably have two gear loot tables:

    Rare Equipment - Always happens
    This is the No Auction world/class gear

    Ultra-Rare/Unique Equipment - Only happens at a random chance
    This one holds the actual unique items; At a random chance, you may get this drop option and receive one of the items from it (which should be a random piece of outfit or weapon).

    Then there's probably Common gear drops from the mobs' loot tables at random, rolls at Pet Stuff loot and of course, always present Gold.

    But in truth, we don't have to "filter" a ton of equipment for a single piece... in those bosses we're just trying to get a roll at a special loot table in addition to other drops, and then hoping that roll will give out the right piece out of 4-5 options (Moo and Blood respectively). In other cases, I believe the Armadillo Verde would be in a loot table containing only pets... the MB/AQ items are harder to track, the Eyes of the Cobra is an item that still eludes me and most curiously it's supposed dropped by two bosses with no traditional world/class No Auction gear.

    ~R



  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (08-03-2017),maple9300 (07-30-2017)


  11. #7
    maple9300's Avatar
       maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Gin no Melody
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    439
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    385
    Thanks (Received)
    375
    Gold
    522
    Procrastinating

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravino View Post
    Well, actually it's not an absolute Random Number Generator. Ratbeard has explained there's different loot tables on unique bosses including Moo Manchu and Captain Blood, their unique drops exist in a separate list that only occurs to drop occasionally. Both Moo and Blood probably have two gear loot tables:
    Rare Equipment - Always happensThis is the No Auction world/class gear
    Ultra-Rare/Unique Equipment - Only happens at a random chance
    This one holds the actual unique items; At a random chance, you may get this drop option and receive one of the items from it (which should be a random piece of outfit or weapon).
    Then there's probably Common gear drops from the mobs' loot tables at random, rolls at Pet Stuff loot and of course, always present Gold.
    But in truth, we don't have to "filter" a ton of equipment for a single piece... in those bosses we're just trying to get a roll at a special loot table in addition to other drops, and then hoping that roll will give out the right piece out of 4-5 options (Moo and Blood respectively). In other cases, I believe the Armadillo Verde would be in a loot table containing only pets... the MB/AQ items are harder to track, the Eyes of the Cobra is an item that still eludes me and most curiously it's supposed dropped by two bosses with no traditional world/class No Auction gear.
    ~R
    Thanks for the info! So KI put more thought into the drop rate system than I thought, frustrating as it still may be! That explains why some people get lucky on their first try and obtain a rare item (like how I did with Blood's jacket, hehe).
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler




  12. The Following User Says Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (08-03-2017)


  13. #8
    Rrrrzzzz419's Avatar
       Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    416
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    351
    Thanks (Received)
    590
    Gold
    111

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    I currently have one of the Prince of Illios Quiver. I don't as of now have any of the other items you mentioned. I'm almost 100% certain it didn't take me more than 15 fights to get the Quiver, could have been less but I am estimating conservatively based on my memory.



  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (08-06-2017)


  15. #9
    Crushcut's Avatar
       Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  1
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,366
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4,855
    Thanks (Received)
    1,047
    Gold
    1,735
    Blog Entries
    49
    Bookworm

    Re: Are the Drop Rates any better now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrzzzz419 View Post
    I currently have one of the Prince of Illios Quiver. I don't as of now have any of the other items you mentioned. I'm almost 100% certain it didn't take me more than 15 fights to get the Quiver, could have been less but I am estimating conservatively based on my memory.
    It's likely because KI's specific Random Number Generatoractually ​worked in your favor, lucky for you, heh





Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •