My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Random drops from Party Barge quests

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrzzzz419 View Post
    I guess I need to check again tonight then. I thought the 24 hours thing meant the quest would change during the night(like 12 AM or 3 AM central time(the time zone KI is headquartered in)) as opposed to change 24 hours after accepting it.
    I haven't verified it either way, but here is the relevant quote from the Update Notes:

Once you complete Avery’s initial quests, every 24 hours the diplomats on the Party Barge will offer you a level-banded repeatable quest that have a chance to reward you some of the rarest jewelry and totems from around the Spiral.

So, my own new quests should be available after approximately 7 pm. This would be different from the Wizard101 Daily Assignments, which change at a certain time of day for all wizards. It is more akin to the free rewards items, which can be accessed every 24 hour period.

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I haven't verified it either way, but here is the relevant quote from the Update Notes:

Once you complete Avery’s initial quests, every 24 hours the diplomats on the Party Barge will offer you a level-banded repeatable quest that have a chance to reward you some of the rarest jewelry and totems from around the Spiral.

So, my own new quests should be available after approximately 7 pm. This would be different from the Wizard101 Daily Assignments, which change at a certain time of day for all wizards. It is more akin to the free rewards items, which can be accessed every 24 hour period.
    I wonder if "repeatable" means the same quest over and over again? I hope not!

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (09-13-2017)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

I wonder if "repeatable" means the same quest over and over again? I hope not!
    We may have to do them 10 times to get the badges, then get a new one? Maybe? I didn't get new quests, but then, I had picked up the others earlier, so they are still in my logbook.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 09-13-2017 at 10:00 PM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

We may have to do them 10 times to get the badges, then get a new one? Maybe? I didn't get new quests, but then, I had picked up the others earlier, so they are still in my logbook.
    I can't confirm this but knowing KI, they could have easily made one quest that can be obtained each day and called it repeatable. If they did that. that's sad considering the daily quest(s) they have over in Wizard101. Besides, most of the quests currently in Pirate101 can be repeated anyway, such as the Tower Of Moo Manchu.

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

I can't confirm this but knowing KI, they could have easily made one quest that can be obtained each day and called it repeatable. If they did that. that's sad considering the daily quest(s) they have over in Wizard101. Besides, most of the quests currently in Pirate101 can be repeated anyway, such as the Tower Of Moo Manchu.
    I'm glad our pirates are not just chasing Pekron readings all over the Spiral like our wizards do. Even though this is a little repetitious, it has great potential to improve. And if we don't feel like doing it every day, then we don't have to.

Second time through, I received only gold from each Ambassador - 94, 10000, 40 and 8242.
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 09-13-2017 at 10:28 PM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Second time through, I received only gold from each Ambassador - 94, 10000, 40 and 8242.

The same thing happened to my Witchdoctor when I was dual-boxing. I'm guessing "a chance at some of the rarest jewelry" is literally just a chance at it, or nothing at all. Also I'm imagining that we aren't meant to be doing all five quests every day, most likely one per day and on the fifth we'll play Avery's quest... not unlike Wiz's assignments have chests every 5 days.

Though it might become repetitive, I'm happy to see there's storytelling and dialogue along... that's worth more than Wizard's random assignments and very occasional quests.

~R

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (09-13-2017),zliten (09-14-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Looks like this is exactly what KI did. Feeling underwhelmed and neglected to Wizard101. On the bright side, the test realm isn't 100% disappointing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (09-14-2017)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Looks like this is exactly what KI did. Feeling underwhelmed and neglected to Wizard101. On the bright side, the test realm isn't 100% disappointing.
    I feel the exact same way. Why not START with the lower level quest(s) and then WORK UP to the highest level one so we aren't as bored?

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

DarkFire054 (09-14-2017)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoos View Post
    I feel the exact same way. Why not START with the lower level quest(s) and then WORK UP to the highest level one so we aren't as bored?
    Falmea responded on the main message boards:

Currently, the ambassadors are very needy, but also a little single-minded in their whims and desires. In the future, their interests may broaden, but for now, they're pretty easy to keep appeased (and have the potential to give up some pretty decent rewards).

So, we should expect that once this goes Live, changes will be made.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Wait, if KI made big changes to this wouldn't it require another test realm?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

Ravino (09-15-2017)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast