•  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Time to Change Tactics

Hello, I will make this as simple and brief as possible.

I may not have any credentials in the area of theoretical economics, but I have been taught much (including business profit). It's no secret that Kingsisle is struggling to stay afloat for a few years. They're doing alright in terms of marketing, they are listening to the players to some degree (businesses run on consumer demand). The company's most prominent mistake is putting a halt to advertising. I can't remember the last time I saw an ad that promotes Pirate101/Wizard101 on television or anywhere. Their 'golden age' seems to have been when Dragonspyre to Celestia was newly released (and regularly putting out ads).

Their current mindset seems to be to try and get as much money as they can from the people that are still playing. A business is doomed to fail from the start if no one even knows about it. A cease in advertising is the worst thing that could happen, so I encourage Kingsisle (and everyone else) to focus their attention on bringing more publicity to themselves and the company as a whole. It may be fiscally rough at first when starting to advertise a bit more than usual, but in the long run, it ALWAYS helps more than saving money in hopes of surviving. Once advertising has gone around long enough (and has been done sufficiently), profit rates start increasing almost EXPONENTIALLY. The gaming industry is one of the fastest growing industries lately. Today, many people love playing online games, so take full advantage of it's popularity and make your beautiful creations known!

They no doubt are working their best to produce new content. New content is supposed to further the game play and entice it's players to spend money on it's franchise. New worlds, and deepening the story plot, seems to be where the demand is at, and arguably makes Kingsisle the most money when executed successfully.

If you didn't want to read all of that, I will sum it up for you right here:
    • More (professional) advertising, it's worth it.
    • Shift your focus on creating new worlds, where the demand is at ($$$).
      • It doesn't even have to be huge grand world updates!
    Last edited by RealDux; 09-12-2017 at 08:24 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

DarkFire054 (09-12-2017),maple9300 (09-13-2017),monkeycrew (09-12-2017),Ravino (09-12-2017)

Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

Re: Time to Change Tactics

Whatever... just let me enjoy the new content.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post:

helena (09-13-2017),monkeycrew (09-12-2017),Willowdreamer (09-12-2017)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

I agree with you greatly. It's been way too long for me to remember when they advertised on television. While I do see the occasional Wizard101 ad, I never see Pirate101 ads anywhere but Kingsisle's websites. I don't know why they stopped, nor do I know why they did in the first place. It's crucial to their business to spread the word out there so their game can grow to its fullest potential.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Daily Assignments and the Team Up Kiosk will be great for word-of-mouth advertising. If they can get people talking, that's half the battle.

Now, I'm going back to having fun.

maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

I'm taking economics now, and I have to agree with this. After all, advertising is what got me into Wizard101 in the first place. I remember the moment many years ago when I was in 3rd grade, watching through the commercials on TV, when the ad for Wizard101 came up
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Maybe offer Wizard 101 members a free month of Pirate 101 membership(along with a special item in game) and vice versa?

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

DarkFire054 (09-13-2017)