Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Happy

Enhanced Armor 3

So, a Manticore can get both Enhanced Armor 1 and Enhanced Armor 2, which is Enhanced Armor 3, but the display of this third rank of the talent looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enhanced  Armor 3.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	73501

The net result is +30 Armor, but I'm not sure why it displays 3 levels of 0 armor. Does anyone know why this is?

This post contains 3 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-14-2017 at 11:42 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

BoldBlaze (01-16-2022),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-14-2017)

bestbrigain is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Enhanced Armor 3

well there's a rank 3 for all of the talents pets can get, armored is probably one of the most obscure ones and this system was implemented awhile ago, most likely case the dev's didn't pay a lot of attention to it because until you I don't think anyone has ever gotten this talent. Meanwhile, I'm lagging behind on my pet experiments to get some of those rank 3 talents, though shadow fight 3 & empyrea came out, who can blame me? also if anyone wants to help morph as many pets with ranks 1 & 2 of merciless, death throes, poisonous, blood sucker, and feeding frenzy you can, then please place an honorable mention about me in the post with the rank 3 talent. call me smug but this is a pirate game so being humble can go the way of the wind, past my face and behind me in a breeze.

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bestbrigain For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (12-15-2017)

Koalabear567 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bestbrigain View Post
    well there's a rank 3 for all of the talents pets can get, armored is probably one of the most obscure ones and this system was implemented awhile ago, most likely case the dev's didn't pay a lot of attention to it because until you I don't think anyone has ever gotten this talent. Meanwhile, I'm lagging behind on my pet experiments to get some of those rank 3 talents, though shadow fight 3 & empyrea came out, who can blame me? also if anyone wants to help morph as many pets with ranks 1 & 2 of merciless, death throes, poisonous, blood sucker, and feeding frenzy you can, then please place an honorable mention about me in the post with the rank 3 talent. call me smug but this is a pirate game so being humble can go the way of the wind, past my face and behind me in a breeze.
    What about Sneaky Sneaky 3 (Corrupted Imperial Lion has this capability, but I've never seen it manifested), Follow Through 3, Eagle Eyes 3, and Cornered 3? I'd like to see what effects these talents have at their maximum current rank, even if they don't seem great to start with (e.g. Cornered) as some may have an additional function at that point. Scent 3, Charming Gaze 3, and the regular pirate epic talents are known already as I understand it, though plenty of them are useful nonetheless.

Current projects (only regarding the above topic, as I have several others ):
    • Combining Merciless 1 & 2 (Bucc; have isolated #2 and nearly isolated #1 , I'm close though )
    • Manifesting Sneaky Sneaky 3 (Musk; these lions are stubborn , but I'm stubborn too )
    • Combining Bloodsucker 1 & 2 (Privy; gathering isolator pet and parents )

This post contains 3 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Stormy Aaron Sharp Lv. 70 Privy, Clever Aaron Devereaux Lv. 70 Musk, Fiery Darius Ashburn Lv. 66 Bucc, & Dead-eye Amber Hawkins Lv. 14 ​Swash

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koalabear567 For This Useful Post:

bestbrigain (01-23-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (01-22-2018)

17junhos17 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Actually, there is a legitimate reason why those zeroes are there, and that's because the pet shown has so little base armor.

Each pet talent rank of enhanced armor provides 2 separate armor buffs: the first one is a percentage buff and the second one is a flat buff.

To prove this, here's the description of the enhanced armor 2 effect (which provides 4 different panels in total):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2022-01-05 21-48-44-912.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	77019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2022-01-05 22-13-26-861.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	77020

The reason it displayed zero was because the pet that was being displayed had such a very low amount of base armor, that the calculations for the percentage buffs didn't go past 1(if the base armor was at least 5, maybe you could get a value).

Hope this could clarify things.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by 17junhos17; 01-05-2022 at 06:32 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 17junhos17 For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (01-06-2022)