•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Yarr!

Yarr! My name is Stephanie and I'm new to Pirate101. I'm a longtime Wizard101 player with four maxed wizards: Stephanie Dawnheart (life), Stephanie Darkheart (death), Stephanie Duneheart (balance) and Stephanie Dragonheart (storm). I thought I'd give this game a try since I've accomplished pretty much everything there is to accomplish in Wizard101 and don't really feel like starting a new wizard :P

I tried making an account here called "Dandy Stephanie," also tried "Stephanie Dawnheart," but both were invalid usernames for some reason. Then I tried "Stephanie" and discovered it was untaken. XD So here I am!

I am currently a level 3 Privateer XD It's funny being a noob all over again. But exciting!

So I have some questions! I chose Storm for how my parents died, and Krokotopia for where I'm from. Are those good choices?

I also redeemed a bunch of gifts in my gift box and now have: a Sky Dragon Candy Cane, Festive Yeti, and Snow Lionfish. Which one of these should I level up as my first pet?

Also which companions should I invest my training points in? I don't want to make a mistake with training points like I did with my first wizard in Wizard101 XD I assume it would cost crowns to reset training points?
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

EthanJames01 (08-01-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-29-2017)

Cinders is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Re: Yarr!

Welcome to the Pirate side of the Spiral! You may find that some aspects of Pirate101 are familiar and some are vastly different from Wizard101.

Regarding some of the concerns you listed, there are a few unactive members here that may have already taken the usernames you wanted as their own. You can the Member List in Navigation section at the left of the homepage to check which usernames are taken and which have not been taken. (It's disabled for me, but it might work for you.)

As for your character choices, Storm grants Milo Graytail, one of the few companions in that category that can train the Relentless talent (Gives chance at extra melee attacks) besides Lucky Jack Russell from the Shipwreck option. He is also a Swashbuckler, a class that Privateers recruit few of compared to the other Pirate classes, making him very useful. You chose Krokotopia as your origin, which will give you an extra 5% mojo boost to your character. The higher your mojo is on your Privateer, the more it will boost your bombs and heals.

Overall, as a Privateer I think you've chosen good options in the long run. However, keep in mind that strategy is important and very subjective in Pirate101. Any companion can be useful in battle if you utilize them to their best potential, and not every set up will guaranteed victory. Since this is your first time, I suggest experimenting with your companions first before deciding which ones work best for you and focus on training them first.

Last edited by Cinders; 12-29-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    An empty stream, a great silence, an impenetrable forest .....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinders For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (12-29-2017),Stephanie (12-29-2017)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Yarr! My name is Stephanie and I'm new to Pirate101. I'm a longtime Wizard101 player with four maxed wizards: Stephanie Dawnheart (life), Stephanie Darkheart (death), Stephanie Duneheart (balance) and Stephanie Dragonheart (storm). I thought I'd give this game a try since I've accomplished pretty much everything there is to accomplish in Wizard101 and don't really feel like starting a new wizard :P

I tried making an account here called "Dandy Stephanie," also tried "Stephanie Dawnheart," but both were invalid usernames for some reason. Then I tried "Stephanie" and discovered it was untaken. XD So here I am!

I am currently a level 3 Privateer XD It's funny being a noob all over again. But exciting!

So I have some questions! I chose Storm for how my parents died, and Krokotopia for where I'm from. Are those good choices?

I also redeemed a bunch of gifts in my gift box and now have: a Sky Dragon Candy Cane, Festive Yeti, and Snow Lionfish. Which one of these should I level up as my first pet?

Also which companions should I invest my training points in? I don't want to make a mistake with training points like I did with my first wizard in Wizard101 XD I assume it would cost crowns to reset training points?
    At first you cannot make a mistake on companion training tomes as they all will need them and if you're low on gold you can always farm Devilfish Hallow for more of it. If you don't know where Devilfish Hallow is you'll find out by around Level 5. I recommend redeeming the Sky Dragon Candy Cane first, I believe it comes with Loyal already which means it's more likely to join you in battle. You can't really go wrong with the parents death choice because all 5 of those companions are decent. I forgot what bonus Krokotopia gives but if it's spookiness it will help, if it's dodge probably not that much. I know it isn't Accuracy or health but I don't know off the top of my head what the last bonus is. I currently only have 2 pirates and I chose accuracy and health for them. The last bonus may be weapon power which would be good but I don't know. Privateers certainly don't need more health.

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol: Two-Faced Aurora +A Roar A+ Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer, Two-Faced Dino *Die No* Clegg - Level 70 Privateer, ++ Does not make a roaring noise, ** Can and does die from time to time.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew is online now Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Welcome aboard!

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

Glad to have you sailing the skyways with us!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Welcome! If you need any help, let me know.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Brave Kiley, Level 51 Buccaneer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (12-29-2017)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Ahoy and Welcome to the Piratin' side of the Spiral! There are many of us who play both games, so if you get confused by any differences you find, we've been there.

As for training pets, you may like that you can actually train up all of your pets at the same time. After Level 10, the tasks start taking longer, so then you may want to decide which one is your favorite at that point and concentrate your energy on that one above the rest, but don't just pick one and let the rest sit. There is nothing else that requires Energy, so use it up! After level 10, you can choose from more tasks, and there is one you are really going to like -- The Hornpipe. It has some optional bonus loot called the Bosun's Whistle, which can be sold for 1080 gold to the pet gear vendors in Circus Maximus. This will keep your little pirate well funded when you decide to start morphing as your pets get to Level 30. Equip the different pets from time-to-time to see which ones you like seeing on your team.

There is a difference between Training Tomes, which are used for companion training, and Practice Points, which is the training points I think you meant in your post. Practice Points are the ones you spend with other trainers for different skills for your Pirate. You can buy Training Tomes in the various Taverns around the Spiral, but you have to do certain quests to be awarded extra Practice Points. And, I believe you're right in that it will cost you crowns to re-train unless you have a subscription. Managing your crew once it gets larger is a lot of fun, since they will all have different strengths and you can start assigning them tasks at Level 8. Keeping them leveled up with your pirate can be expensive, but it's definitely worth it in the long run.

I hope you're having a lot of fun, and remember, we are here to help if you need.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-29-2017 at 08:24 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Stephanie is offline Rookie

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Thanks, guys! You are all so friendly This game seems significantly more complex than Wizard101, but also a lot of fun. I'll definitely post if I think of more questions!
    Last edited by Stephanie; 12-29-2017 at 10:59 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (12-30-2017)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Thanks, guys! You are all so friendly This game seems significantly more complex than Wizard101, but also a lot of fun. I'll definitely post if I think of more questions!
    No problem!

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Brave Kiley, Level 51 Buccaneer.