•  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Project O's Data

Happy first day of Spring! Here's all of our talent order and power order data for Pirate101, all in one location .

If you want to contribute to Project O, please post screenshots of your pets' talent or power genomes if they contain two talents that are unranked. Talents/powers are considered unranked if their names show up under the "Unranked List" column in the unranked table tabs; they'll be unranked against the talent/power adjacent to them under the "Base Names" column. For example, if you see "Grants Overwatch" in the unranked list within the row for "Grants Burst Fire", it'll mean that "Grants Overwatch" is unranked against "Grants Burst Fire" (and vice versa) and we'll want to see a pet that has both talents in their genome.

Enjoy!

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Milt; 12-26-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: R.I.P. 2018
    Dante Tolliver, Buccaneer (65) | Henri Devereaux, Swashbuckler (65) | Marcus Laverne, Musketeer (65)
    Dandy Sam Creighton, Witchdoctor (65) | Tyler Paisley, Privateer (65)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

Cinders (03-31-2018),CunningJustinSilver (11-12-2018),GoldenGuardian (12-24-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-21-2018),LegendaryM7 (03-28-2018),recklesspat (04-05-2018),Shivi (03-28-2018),Stephanie (12-23-2018)

LegendaryM7 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• LegendaryM7's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Killian Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Re: Project O's Data

I have a lot of pets that might help out with part of this data collection, but I must ask: should we post the info one screenshot at a time, or with multiple screenshots, even if the entries have nothing to do with each other? I must ask this because I have a few hundred pets, and I'd like to be able to give the data without having to give one entry at a time.
    In the meantime, here's one entry that gives data toward the Unranked Table (Talents) tab, though it seems a little out of place:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charming_gaze_2_logic.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	74120
    It seems weird because Charming Gaze 2 and Grants Blade Storm are "unranked" versus each other, yet Grants Relentless is ranked versus both of them (and known to be in between them). But, if you need the proof for Grants Blade Storm being above Charming Gaze 2, here it is.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-28-2018),Milt (03-28-2018)

Milt is offline Navigator

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryM7 View Post
    I have a lot of pets that might help out with part of this data collection, but I must ask: should we post the info one screenshot at a time, or with multiple screenshots, even if the entries have nothing to do with each other? I must ask this because I have a few hundred pets, and I'd like to be able to give the data without having to give one entry at a time.
    In the meantime, here's one entry that gives data toward the Unranked Table (Talents) tab, though it seems a little out of place:

Name:	charming_gaze_2_logic.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	74120
    It seems weird because Charming Gaze 2 and Grants Blade Storm are "unranked" versus each other, yet Grants Relentless is ranked versus both of them (and known to be in between them). But, if you need the proof for Grants Blade Storm being above Charming Gaze 2, here it is.
    Thanks for sending me one of your screenshots; I truly appreciate it. Feel free to post even more!
    Upon further investigation, there appears to be two talents which coincidentally share the name "Charming Gaze 2": the one which comes from the 1st-gen Rain Forest Budgie (between Blade Storm 1 and Riposte 1), and the one which comes from the 1st-gen Beetle My Valentine (between Grants True Grit and Extra Gritty 1). I was able to deduce this because, according to my data, Riposte 1 is above Grants True Grit. The "Charming Gaze 2" in my data appears to be the Rain Forest Budgie one, while the one in your genome is the Beetle My Valentine one.

I always knew that the Pirate101 had duplicate talents (like Epic Shot), which makes my job much harder than necessary, but I didn't think that the rabbit hole could go any deeper. At the very least, I'm thankful that there's a way to tell the two "Charming Gaze 2" talents apart.

I'll be renaming the one in my database to "3Charming Gaze 2 (rain)", and the second one will be called "3Charming Gaze 2 (beetle)".

Once again, thank you!

This post contains 5 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Milt; 03-28-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Not used to putting numbers at the end of talents
    Dante Tolliver, Buccaneer (65) | Henri Devereaux, Swashbuckler (65) | Marcus Laverne, Musketeer (65)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-28-2018),LegendaryM7 (03-28-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Milt View Post
    Thanks for sending me one of your screenshots; I truly appreciate it. Feel free to post even more!
    Upon further investigation, there appears to be two talents which coincidentally share the name "Charming Gaze 2": the one which comes from the 1st-gen Rain Forest Budgie (between Blade Storm 1 and Riposte 1), and the one which comes from the 1st-gen Beetle My Valentine (between Grants True Grit and Extra Gritty 1). I was able to deduce this because, according to my data, Riposte 1 is above Grants True Grit. The "Charming Gaze 2" in my data appears to be the Rain Forest Budgie one, while the one in your genome is the Beetle My Valentine one.

I always knew that the Pirate101 had duplicate talents (like Epic Shot), which makes my job much harder than necessary, but I didn't think that the rabbit hole could go any deeper. At the very least, I'm thankful that there's a way to tell the two "Charming Gaze 2" talents apart.

I'll be renaming the one in my database to "3Charming Gaze 2 (rain)", and the second one will be called "3Charming Gaze 2 (beetle)".

Once again, thank you!
    I see, that does complicate things. But here's what I find even more vexing: I have pets with both Charming Gaze 1 and Charming Gaze 2, with them being in that order. However, I'm positive that these particular pets had to be created before Beetle My Valentine was released; yet, according to your data, Charming Gaze 1 has to be, numerically, below Charming Gaze 2 (rain). I didn't just say that I knew Grants Relentless was between Grants Blade Storm and Charming Gaze 2; it's been well known since before the release of Beetle My Valentine. I don't like the idea of using a site other than this one to try to make a proof for anything with regards to talent and power order, but before you brought the talent order project to the site, us players have had to use either our own data or data that exists on other sites. The site I used for info in the past was an article from one of the official fan sites (I will not be able to link the web site, or the specific article, due to the 'Advertising & Outside links' rule of the central rules). Some of their info is outdated (such as, should you find it, the entry they call Grants Turn the Tide under the talents tab partway down the page; in this case, it's Turn the Tide 1 (Ultra-Rare), but they labeled it as that because Grants Turn the Tide didn't exist back then), and they don't exactly label what the "Unsure" talents are unknown or known against, but the data is correct to the date of the posting. Their data states that Charming Gaze 1 is above Charming Gaze 2. The date on that web site's article is July 12, 2015, and the Beetle My Valentine was released for the Friendship Festival 2016. If my logic is correct here, that should mean that one of the other pets, besides Beetle My Valentine, that has Charming Gaze 2 should have the same "copy" of Charming Gaze 2 as Beetle My Valentine, and that that particular copy of Charming Gaze 2 is the one that they likely used in the article and that exists on my pets. So, it would have to be Mechanical Owl, Music Box Budgie, or Spirit of Friendship. I somewhat doubt Kingsisle would use a different copy of Charming Gaze 2 for the Gift Card pets Rain Forest Budgie and Music Box Budgie, but I guess it's still possible.

Just in case, here's my proofs for one of the copies of Charming Gaze 2 (which must be the copy that you label (beetle) because it's an impossible condition for the one that you label (rain)) being below Charming Gaze 1:

Name:	cg3_1.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	74121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg3_2.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	74122

I'm including both pets because I'm certain that both of those pets had to be created before Beetle My Valentine was released. In fact, at some point I decided to write down my morphs to keep track of what I've morphed, and the entry for my Dire Crab is listed as having occurred on 11/14/2015, which is definitely before Beetle My Valentine's release. One thing I'll say is that it's possible for the copies of Charming Gaze 2 that exist currently on many players' pets to have originated from morphs with a certain player that gave many people their copies of Spirit of Friendship(not me, but many players that have Spirit of Friendship, including me, have it because of either them or people that they morphed it with). This would've occurred back in 2015, which would fit with the timeline of events.

This post contains 5 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by LegendaryM7; 03-29-2018 at 02:14 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-29-2018),Milt (03-29-2018)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

I see, that does complicate things. But here's what I find even more vexing: I have pets with both Charming Gaze 1 and Charming Gaze 2, with them being in that order. However, I'm positive that these particular pets had to be created before Beetle My Valentine was released; yet, according to your data, Charming Gaze 1 has to be, numerically, below Charming Gaze 2 (rain).
    That's correct, which in turn would indicate that the talent in both screenshots is the (beetle) variant. Unless KI released a third version of "Charming Gaze 2" from under our noses (wouldn't be surprised) I'm inclined to agree.

I didn't just say that I knew Grants Relentless was between Grants Blade Storm and Charming Gaze 2; it's been well known since before the release of Beetle My Valentine.
    I haven't played the game since mid-2015, and all of my data comes from Pirate101 Central or my personal pet collection, so there's a ton of common knowledge that I completely missed out on over the years.

I don't like the idea of using a site other than this one to try to make a proof for anything with regards to talent and power order, but before you brought the talent order project to the site, us players have had to use either our own data or data that exists on other sites. The site I used for info in the past was an article from one of the official fan sites (I will not be able to link the web site, or the specific article, due to the 'Advertising & Outside links' rule of the central rules). Some of their info is outdated (such as, should you find it, the entry they call Grants Turn the Tide under the talents tab partway down the page; in this case, it's Turn the Tide 1 (Ultra-Rare), but they labeled it as that because Grants Turn the Tide didn't exist back then), and they don't exactly label what the "Unsure" talents are unknown or known against, but the data is correct to the date of the posting. Their data states that Charming Gaze 1 is above Charming Gaze 2. The date on that web site's article is July 12, 2015, and the Beetle My Valentine was released for the Friendship Festival 2016.
    I see, so that's how the Pirate101 community got their talent order info without a Project O branch over the years. I've personally hung out with a couple of Pirate101 players who were working on their own ordered list almost a year ago, so I'm not surprised that others have tried to step up to the plate in my absence. However, I'm still genuinely shocked that nobody ever attempted to set up their own Project O branch over here prior to March 2017 -- I would've welcomed the new Project Manager with open arms and even consulted for them.

Perhaps I shouldn't be the one to remark on this particular aspect of the community's history though, because I'm ultimately the one who let it happen in the first place. I was originally supposed to debut the Talent Order Project and the Power Order Project on Pirate101 Central back in mid-2014, but I gave up on it because, at the time, Project O was a massive pain in the neck to operate, especially for one person, so I wasn't up to the daunting task of managing two Project O branches by myself. Nowadays, Project O is fairly cost-effective to operate and doesn't eat up much of my time anymore, but that still doesn't absolve me from my past shortcomings.

But hey, Project O is here now, and that's what counts .

If my logic is correct here, that should mean that one of the other pets, besides Beetle My Valentine, that has Charming Gaze 2 should have the same "copy" of Charming Gaze 2 as Beetle My Valentine, and that that particular copy of Charming Gaze 2 is the one that they likely used in the article and that exists on my pets. So, it would have to be Mechanical Owl, Music Box Budgie, or Spirit of Friendship. I somewhat doubt Kingsisle would use a different copy of Charming Gaze 2 for the Gift Card pets Rain Forest Budgie and Music Box Budgie, but I guess it's still possible.
    The 1st-gen Music Box Budgie seems to have the same variant of "Charming Gaze 2" as the 1st-gen Beetle My Valentine, and the former has existed since at least July 2014, so it'd be technically more correct to name that variant after the budgie.

The 1st-gen Mechanical Owl's talent could be either variant until we get some testing done, and the Spirit of Friendship was released back in 2015, so I'll rename it to "3Charming Gaze (music)" for chronological consistency.

Just in case, here's my proofs for one of the copies of Charming Gaze 2 (which must be the copy that you label (beetle) because it's an impossible condition for the one that you label (rain)) being below Charming Gaze 1:

I'm including both pets because I'm certain that both of those pets had to be created before Beetle My Valentine was released. In fact, at some point I decided to write down my morphs to keep track of what I've morphed, and the entry for my Dire Crab is listed as having occurred on 11/14/2015, which is definitely before Beetle My Valentine's release. One thing I'll say is that it's possible for the copies of Charming Gaze 2 that exist currently on many players' pets to have originated from morphs with a certain player that gave many people their copies of Spirit of Friendship(not me, but many players that have Spirit of Friendship, including me, have it because of either them or people that they morphed it with). This would've occurred back in 2015, which would fit with the timeline of events.
    Approved . Thank you. I'll update the data soon.

If you would like to share any more pets, I'll be more than happy to check them out.

This post contains 3 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-29-2018),LegendaryM7 (03-29-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Yes, I'll definitely give more data to help out, I've just had to dig through my pages of pets to find some that are relevant to your data. I've been trying to find pets in particular that would at least prove the old data that I used once, but there are certain combinations of talents or powers that I don't seem to have. Here's some of the ones that I have found, but do note that some of my entries from now on will be in a certain order to help "pin" the talents or powers between each other, and these may take out possible talents or powers that must exist on either side of the separation, so to speak.

Proof of Grants Relentless above Repel Boarders 2:

Name:	gr_v_rb2.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	74123

Proof of Grants Relentless above Flanking 2:

Name:	gr_v_f2.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	74124

Proof of Repel Boarders 2 above Grants Burst Fire:

Name:	rb2_v_gbf.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	74125

Proof of Turn the Tide 1 (Ultra-Rare) above Webs 1:

Name:	ttt1_v_w1.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	74126

Proof of Webs 1 above Bloodsucker 2:

Name:	w1_v_b2.png 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	74127

These should help pin Webs 1 between Turn the Tide 1 (Ultra-Rare) and Bloodsucker 2. I also know it should make Grants Relentless above Bloodsucker 2 by process of elimination, though I don't know what else in your data set also gets data from these interactions.

This next one uses some logic from how your talents are numbered. Because Charming Gaze 2 (rain) (002-021!) must be above Webs 1 (029-056!), the Charming Gaze 2 on the following pet must be Charming Gaze 2 (music). Therefore, proof Charming Gaze 2 (music) is above Scent 2:

Name:	cg2m_v_s2.png 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	74128

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2018),Milt (03-30-2018)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Our completion rate on the talent side jumped from 82.89% to 83.84%: a ~0.95% increase. We have a pretty good shot at reaching 90% .

Thanks again Legendary!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2018),LegendaryM7 (03-30-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Our completion rate on the talent side jumped from 82.89% to 83.84%: a ~0.95% increase. We have a pretty good shot at reaching 90% .

Thanks again Legendary!
    Nice!

I'd like to move on for now to powers since the Epic powers are a bit more straightforward than the ultra-rare talents, mainly due to how few there are in comparison. These will also be in a certain order to help with the flow of data. The good news here is that the info I'm about to provide, which, when paired with data that you already have (I could provide this data too, but there is no need), should help pin the original 11 epic powers in a certain order.

Proof Grants Mutineer's Grasp is above Grants Shark's Fury:

Name:	gmg_v_gsf.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	74131

Proof Grants Shark's Fury is above Grants Brutal Charge:

Name:	gsf_v_gbc.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	74132

Proof Grants Brutal Charge is above Grants Regroup:

Name:	gbc_v_greg.png 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	74133

Proof Grants Kraken's Lament is above Grants Back Stab:

Name:	gkl_v_gb.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	74134

To recap, the original 11 epic powers, using these proofs and your data, go in the order of (all grants): Grants Steadying Speech> Mutineer's Grasp> Shark's Fury> Brutal Charge> Regroup> Rally> Soulreaver> Jobu's Kiss> Kraken's Lament> Back Stab> Cloud Spirit.

Proof Grants Back Stab is above Sandstorm:

Name:	gb_v_s.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	74135

Proof Super Shot is above Super Surge:

Name:	ssh_v_ssur.png 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	74136

Proof Grants Mighty Charge is above Grants Brutal Charge:

Name:	gmc_v_gbc.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	74137

This post contains 7 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2018),Milt (03-30-2018)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Nice stuff! The Power Order Project's completion rate jumped up by +0.31% to 90.64%.

Grants Steadying Speech is still unranked against Grants Mutineer's Grasp and Grants Shark's Fury according to my data.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2018),LegendaryM7 (03-30-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Nice stuff! The Power Order Project's completion rate jumped up by +0.31% to 90.64%.

Grants Steadying Speech is still unranked against Grants Mutineer's Grasp and Grants Shark's Fury according to my data.
    I see, I must've made a mistake when reading the data. Fortunately, I have a pet with the proof for that. I also have more data related to the talents.

Proof Grants Steadying Speech is above Grants Mutineer's Grasp:

Name:	gss_v_gmg.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	74150

Proof Webs 1 is above Follow Through 1:

Name:	w1_v_ft1.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	74139

Proof Grants Relentless is above Cheap Shot 1:

Name:	gr_v_cs1.png 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	74140

Proof Grants Elusive is above Grants Readied Spell:

Name:	ge_v_grs.png 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	74141

Proof Flanking 2 is above Webs 1:

Name:	f2_v_w1.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	74145

Proof Grants Relentless is above Grants Overwatch:

Name:	gr_v_go.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	74143

Proof Enhanced Magic Resist 1 is above Grants Mojo Echo:

Name:	emr1_v_gme.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	74144

Proof Grants Overwatch is above Feeding Frenzy 2:

Name:	go_v_ff2.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	74146

Proof Sneaky Sneaky 2 is above Grants Accurate 1:

Name:	ss2_v_ga1.png 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	74147

Proof Enhanced Toughness 2 is above Grants Mojo Rising:

Name:	et2_v_gmr.png 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	74148

Proof Grants Repel Boarders is above Grants Tough 2:

Name:	grb_v_gt2.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	74149

I don't think I have any more data right now. Or at least, not any that is immediately visible by checking the icons while hovering over a pet in the attic. Well, good luck with the search for more data!

This post contains 4 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by LegendaryM7; 03-30-2018 at 09:12 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast