Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Project O's Data

Did devs completely give up on the project at this point?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhoden For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (01-16-2020)

Milt is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoden View Post
    Did devs completely give up on the project at this point?
    Yes. I'm no longer actively working on nor collecting data for this project due to extremely low demand and personal loss of interest. Also, taking the current state of Pirate101 into consideration, I'm not convinced that this project is worth reviving.

Barring the introduction of the hatchmaking kiosk in Pirate101, the data is as close to completion as it's realistically going to get.
    Dante Tolliver, Buccaneer (65) | Henri Devereaux, Swashbuckler (65) | Marcus Laverne, Musketeer (65)
    Dandy Sam Creighton, Witchdoctor (65) | Tyler Paisley, Privateer (65)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-24-2020),Kingurz (02-24-2020),Willowdreamer (02-24-2020)

Milt is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Hey all.

I updated the databases for both talents and powers this evening. No new data was added nor do I plan on adding any new data. The purpose of this data was to simplify and future-proof Project O's talent naming conventions.

The new conventions are as follows:
    1. The very first letter and all letters immediately following a space are always capitalized. (e.g. Grants Turn The Tide vs. Grants Turn the Tide)
    2. All remaining letters are always lower-case. (e.g. Snowborn vs. SnowBorn)
    3. All hyphens (-) are replaced with a single space. (e.g. Ice O Lation vs. Ice-O-Lation)
    4. All other punctuation marks except the apostrophe (') are always omitted. (e.g. Cornered 1 vs. Cornered! 1)
    5. All duplicate talent names contain parentheticals enclosed by parentheses. (e.g. Sneak Attack (Purple P) vs. Sneak Attack)
    6. All parentheticals are determined solely by the talent's pet of origin (e.g. Sneak Attack (Purple P) first originated from the Purple Polkaloon)
    7. The first word in the pet of origin's name is always capitalized and spelled out in full.
    8. Each word thereafter in the pet of origin's name only require the first letter but may be fully spelled out if needed. (e.g. Sneak Attack (Purple Polkaloon))
    9. If duplicate talent names share the same pet of origin, differentiate them with their slot number of origin. (e.g. Epic Shot (Ebon S 4))

These conventions only apply to base names and sort names. Wiki names will continue to follow the Wiki's naming conventions with one notable exception: duplicate talents without any parentheticals on the Wiki will be marked with their Project O equivalents enclosed with curly brackets (e.g. Relentless 2 {Heckhound C}). This exception is necessary because Project O's calculation tools require all talents to have unique wiki names in order to calculate talent order properly. Parentheticals with curly brackets will remain in use until the Wiki declares their own parentheticals.

And finally, base names are sort names with single-digit rarity IDs in front. The rarity IDs are as follows:

Rarity ID Rarity Name Example
    0 Unknown 0Unknown |A1|
    1 Common 1Super Surge
    2 Uncommon 2Epic Storm
    3 Rare 3Ghostwail
    4 Ultra-Rare 4Grants Rouse
    5 Epic 5Grants Soulreaver

Anyone who wants to take over Project O may do so. I'm pretty much done.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the update.

This post contains 4 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Milt; 05-26-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    Dante Tolliver, Buccaneer (65) | Henri Devereaux, Swashbuckler (65) | Marcus Laverne, Musketeer (65)
    Dandy Sam Creighton, Witchdoctor (65) | Tyler Paisley, Privateer (65)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-27-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123