•  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Re: Project O's Data

Morning, and Happy Easter!

The Talent Order Project's completion rate rocketed up from 83.84% to 85.10%, and the Power Order Project's completion rate went up from 90.64% to 91.12%. Yesterday, I also went through the trouble of consolidating all 541 of the Talent Order Project's findings down to 193; this intense, delicate procedure shaved off ~3 kilobytes from its workbook, and its database-updater should run a lot quicker now.

Thanks again Legendary! Your help has been invaluable !
    Dante Tolliver, Buccaneer (65) | Henri Devereaux, Swashbuckler (65) | Marcus Laverne, Musketeer (65)
    Dandy Sam Creighton, Witchdoctor (65) | Tyler Paisley, Privateer (65)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (04-01-2018),LegendaryM7 (04-01-2018)

LegendaryM7 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• LegendaryM7's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Killian Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Milt View Post
    Morning, and Happy Easter!

The Talent Order Project's completion rate rocketed up from 83.84% to 85.10%, and the Power Order Project's completion rate went up from 90.64% to 91.12%. Yesterday, I also went through the trouble of consolidating all 541 of the Talent Order Project's findings down to 193; this intense, delicate procedure shaved off ~3 kilobytes from its workbook, and its database-updater should run a lot quicker now.

Thanks again Legendary! Your help has been invaluable !
    Nice! Good to know that the Powers side also jumped a bit! But I noticed that there are some new-ish talents missing on your data sheet.

The first set of these talents are found on the Bunnis Maximus. The talents are Enhanced Movement 3, Extra Dodgy 3, and Extra Guile 3.

The next talent is found on Chupacabra Contender. Its new talent is Blade Storm 2.

The last talent I found seems to be a similar situation to the extra copy of Charming Gaze 2 that you found earlier. There seem to now be 2 copies of the talent Relentless 2. One copy on the Birthday Cake Crawlie, and another copy on the Heck Hound pets (there is reason to believe that all the Heck Hounds share the same talent and power pools because they all have the same pedigree, and have the same rarity of talents in the same slots). The Heck Hound copy of Relentless 2 is below Grants Elusive, which makes its position very different from the Birthday Cake Crawlie's copy of the talent. I suggest naming the Heck Hound copy of Relentless 2 as 'Relentless 2 (hound)' and the Birthday Cake Crawlie copy as either '(birthday)' or '(crawlie)'. Just to be sure of this new data being accurate, I'll be posting my own data pertaining to the Heck Hound pets, of which none so far contradict the existing data on Heck Hound Contender, onto another thread on Pets and the Circus Maximus soon.

By the way, I only found out about Blade Storm 2 by comparing your Unranked Table (Talents) list to the list of Pet Talents. It currently shows a number of 140 talents, while your Project Stats number is currently 131. Here's how to account for the difference: First, subtract one from your number because the Wiki doesn't differentiate between Charming Gaze 2 (rain) and Charming Gaze 2 (music), not yet anyway. By the same token, the new Relentless 2 won't add to the Wiki count of talents, much like the 2 copies of Epic Shot don't add to the power number. Next, add the other 4 new talents that I mentioned to your number. That brings up your number to 134 so far (131 minus 1 plus 4). Last, we must account for talents that are in the Wiki due to combining the rank 1 and 2 versions of talents of otherwise the same name. Right now, those would be Charming Gaze 3, Enhanced Armor 3, Extra Movement 3, Extra Will 3, Loyal 3, and Scent 3. These are different from the new talents from Bunnis Maximus in that they exist in-game only when a pet has manifested two similar name talents with a different number at the end, such as Charming Gaze 1 and Charming Gaze 2, which would then show up as Charming Gaze 3 when hovering over the pet in the backpack or attic, or when viewing another player's pet when looking at their gear. An exception in the naming pattern concerning these is mentioned on the page for Extra Movement 3 (it is Enhanced Movement 1 plus Enhanced Movement 2, yet the name gets changed to Extra Movement 3 for some reason). These can be ignored for now, until or unless Kingsisle decides to release pets that include talents that are named these and take up only one slot.

With this, that should be every talent on the Wiki accounted for, unless there happens to be yet another talent with more than one copy. Happy sailing!

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (04-01-2018),Milt (01-01-2019)

Milt is offline Navigator

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Good morning everyone,

Throughout the second half of 2018, the Project O Team has been hard at work completely reforming their databases and the workbooks which hold them. And now, at one week away from 2019, we're ready to apply these very same reforms to our databases for Pirate101!

Firstly -- and most notably -- our public databases now provide simpler versions of their data; you can view them by clicking on the "Simplified Data (Talents)" or "Simplified Data (Powers)" sheet tabs. The simplified data sheets only display three columns:

Column Name Purpose
    Ranking This column displays each talent's range of priority values.
    Talent Name This column displays each talent's name.
    Unranked List This column displays each talent's list of other talent which are unranked against it.

These sheets are essentially similar to the now-retired Ordered List sheets except with lists of unranked talents next to each of their talents. Additionally, the Talent Name column includes embedded links to the Pirate101 Central Wiki for each talent: a nifty feature!

Secondly, we've formally adopted a new naming convention for multiple talents which share the same name (e.g. Turn the Tide 1 and Turn the Tide 1). From now on, such talents will be disambiguated by their first-gen pets of origin.

The following talents were thus renamed under it:

Old Base Name New Base Name Reason
    Relentless 1 (rare) Relentless 1 (verde) This talent was first introduced by the Armadillo Verde.
    Relentless 1 (ultra) Relentless 1 (tidepool) This talent was first introduced by the Tidepool Crawlie.
    Turn the Tide 1 (rare) Turn the Tide 1 (mini) This talent was first introduced by the Mini-Minotaur.
    Turn the Tide 1 (ultra) Turn the Tide 1 (music) This talent was first introduced by the Music Box Budgie.

While some may find this disambiguation method to be unorthodox or unintuitive compared to using rarities, we've adopted it because it's objective, consistent, and concise; it also helps us avoid needing to append more than one parenthetical after any talent (which would be) (super clunky).

And finally, we've assigned new numerical values to each rarity.

Rarity Name Old ID New ID
    Unknown ? 0
    Common 0 1
    Uncommon 1 2
    Rare 2 3
    Ultra-Rare 3 4
    Epic 4 5

These new values just so happen to correlate to the number of chevrons (or "dots" for you wizards) each rarity slaps onto any talent; however, this is only coincidental, as this particular reform also applies to our databases for Wizard101. It's -- without a doubt -- a Project O standard.

For now, only the talent side has been fully converted to the new 2019 format, but I'll try to get the power side done before January 1st rolls around.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
    -Milt

This post contains 5 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by Milt; 12-28-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Finished
    Dante Tolliver, Buccaneer (65) | Henri Devereaux, Swashbuckler (65) | Marcus Laverne, Musketeer (65)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

CunningJustinSilver (12-23-2018),GoldenGuardian (12-24-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-01-2019),luvs2sleepalot (12-23-2018),Willowdreamer (12-23-2018)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

(Note to self: proofread this once I get back home)-Milt

Wow You're over here doing it with Pirate pets too?! What a great person! Thanks so much for all your hard work!
    Sending much love and best wishes for a Very Merry Christmas/ Happy Hannukah/ Happy Kwanzaa/ Happy Holidays!

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-01-2019),Milt (12-23-2018)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Just got done revising my most recent announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post

Wow You're over here doing it with Pirate pets too?! What a great person! Thanks so much for all your hard work!
    Sending much love and best wishes for a Very Merry Christmas/ Happy Hannukah/ Happy Kwanzaa/ Happy Holidays!

Yep. In fact, I've been doing it since last year .

Thank you so much for your support, luvs!

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-24-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-01-2019),luvs2sleepalot (12-23-2018),recklesspat (06-09-2019)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Evening everyone,

I just finished converting the power side of our databases to the 2019 format. So yeah, welcome to 2019, folks!

The following powers have been renamed to conform to our new naming conventions:

Old Base Name New Base Name Reason
    Owl's Prey (rare) Owl's Prey (pink) This power was first introduced by the Pink Marshadillow.
    Owl's Prey (unc) Owl's Prey (dreamy) This power was first introduced by the Dreamy Blue Turtle.
    Sneak Attack (rare) Sneak Attack (puffer) This power was first introduced by the Blue Skies Puffer.
    Sneak Attack (ultra) Sneak Attack (polkaloon) This power was first introduced by the Purple Polkaloon.

Thanks for reading!
    -Milt

This post contains 4 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-01-2019)

LegendaryM7 is offline Deck Swabber

• LegendaryM7's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Killian Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Hey there Milt! It's been a while, but I have one new piece of information for the project.

Proof Cobra Strike is above Sidewinder's Favor:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cs_v_swf.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	75327

It seems there is still some information not yet updated on the project, from what I can see. First would be the information I had told you on 04-01-2018 in this thread; it would also seem like the Relentless 2 on the Peace Dove pet would have to be the same version as the one from the Heck Hounds rather than the one from Birthday Cake Crawlie, so that's something else to keep in mind. There have also been some other new pets released since that time, though I don't know if there is any new information to learn from their pools or not.

Also, I've updated some pet pages on the wiki; you can see the information on: http://www.pirate101central.com/foru...n-for-old-pets

The two important pieces of information that you need for the project out of it are as follows: the addition of a new (technically old) talent, called Quick Adjust 2; as well the renaming of the rare version of Owl's Prey into Owl's Cry. For more proof that it's the same power, you can check here: http://www.pirate101central.com/foru...teer-Grudgehog

That link is from over 2 years ago, from back when the rare version was still called Owl's Prey; the new image on the other link, located at the bottom of my post, is from the same pet and shows it being called Owl's Cry. The image from the one titled "New information for old pets" was taken today, so it's the most recent image. For the project, this means you will have to rename Owl's Prey (pink) into Owl's Cry (supposedly, whichever update changed the name should also have changed it for every pet that had the rare version of Owl's Prey).

This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-01-2019),Milt (01-01-2019)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Evening all, the databases for both talents and powers have been updated. Enjoy!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (05-01-2019),Stephanie (05-03-2019),Willowdreamer (05-01-2019)

• Milt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dante Tolliver
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Alienated

Hello everyone.

A few days ago, I carried out a couple of major changes to our talent-order databases on the wizard side, and I just got done bringing those same changes over here too a few minutes ago.

First, our unranked list columns on both the simplified data sheets and the full data sheets now follow the Pirate101 Central Wiki's naming conventions. Up until now, our unranked lists followed Project O's naming conventions (specifically our sort-naming conventions, which would take too much time to explain here); they were supposed to follow the Wiki's naming conventions on the simplified data sheets exclusively. With this change, our data should now appear more comprehensible to most readers... well, about as comprehensible as a wall of text can get.

Second, we've added a new tab called the "Task Board". The Task Board is where I would put up ideas or hints on how to get two unranked talents hatched onto the same offspring pet. In other words, the Task Board is where contributors can get some ideas on which talent combos to work on. There are no tasks available at this time (sorry, I'm drawing blanks) but at least we've got the infrastructure in place.

EDIT: And finally, I fixed the URLs on the simplified data sheets so that they lead to the Pirate101 Central Wiki. My sincerest apologies for not catching such a major oversight sooner.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Milt; 08-31-2019 at 11:58 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milt For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-01-2019),Logan (09-02-2019),Willowdreamer (09-01-2019)

Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Hello everyone.

A few days ago, I carried out a couple of major changes to our talent-order databases on the wizard side, and I just got done bringing those same changes over here too a few minutes ago.

First, our unranked list columns on both the simplified data sheets and the full data sheets now follow the Pirate101 Central Wiki's naming conventions. Up until now, our unranked lists followed Project O's naming conventions (specifically our sort-naming conventions, which would take too much time to explain here); they were supposed to follow the Wiki's naming conventions on the simplified data sheets exclusively. With this change, our data should now appear more comprehensible to most readers... well, about as comprehensible as a wall of text can get.

Second, we've added a new tab called the "Task Board". The Task Board is where I would put up ideas or hints on how to get two unranked talents hatched onto the same offspring pet. In other words, the Task Board is where contributors can get some ideas on which talent combos to work on. There are no tasks available at this time (sorry, I'm drawing blanks) but at least we've got the infrastructure in place.

EDIT: And finally, I fixed the URLs on the simplified data sheets so that they lead to the Pirate101 Central Wiki. My sincerest apologies for not catching such a major oversight sooner.

Thanks for reading!
    Least during the time where the game is completely neglected by the actually game developers there's actually someone here taking care and still dividing time for maintenance and improving the Wiki. Thanks!
    Last edited by Logan; 09-02-2019 at 01:48 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

Milt (09-03-2019),monkeycrew (09-02-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12