•  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Back to the Start 1v1

Hi Celestialmoon, could you clarify something? o:

After I uploaded a video of my first round, a viewer messaged me privately and said that my opponent and I had misunderstood this rule:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post

• ALL equipment MUST come from ONLY books 1 and 2 or levels 10 and below.

I thought this applied to all equipment including the weapon. But the viewer directed my attention to another rule, which is:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post

• Weapons and pets can be anything as long as they follow our standard Central rules.

Does this mean there's no level restriction on the weapon?

I feel bad then if this is the case because my first-round opponent was severely handicapped by using a low-level weapon.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-28-2018)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

After I uploaded a video of my first round, a viewer messaged me privately and said that my opponent and I had misunderstood this rule:
    [/LIST]

I thought this applied to all equipment including the weapon. But the viewer directed my attention to another rule, which is:

[/LIST]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]Does this mean there's no level restriction on the weapon?

I feel bad then if this is the case because my first-round opponent was severely handicapped by using a low-level weapon.
    Hey, I may not be Es but I can confirm as someone who's played this tournament multiple times. There is no restriction on weapon levels. As long as they do not break the rules already in place normally. Such as you cannot use the powers from some of the champion weapons.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-28-2018),Stephanie (07-28-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

After I uploaded a video of my first round, a viewer messaged me privately and said that my opponent and I had misunderstood this rule:[/LIST]

I thought this applied to all equipment including the weapon. But the viewer directed my attention to another rule, which is:[/LIST]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]Does this mean there's no level restriction on the weapon?
    The equipment rule states that your general gearing stuff such as the hat, robe, etc can be anything as long as it's from books 1 and 2 or marked for levels 10 and below. This seems pretty clear.

Right below that rule, it states that weapons and pets can be anything as long as they follow Central rules. This means that weapons and pets can be at any level except they just need to follow Central rules and not include the second wind weapon, etc.

It sounds to me that your opponent misunderstood the rule or did not read the rules thoroughly, and gear was not checked before the duels began. I will grant a rematch of that round between you guys. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and an extra special thanks to the person that seen your video and was able to point out the mistakes!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-28-2018),Stephanie (07-28-2018),Willowdreamer (07-28-2018)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

OK, thanks @Celestialmoon . I guess I was confused because I'd participated in a Wizard101 Central tournament that was bazaar gear only, and the gear restriction included the weapon.

Sorry for the extra question: Is scrip gear allowed? For example Master Smuggler's Boots. I didn't see anything in the rules forbidding that, but just want to make sure. Thanks

@Khione Do you know of any videos I could watch to get a sense of how this tournament is supposed to be played?
    Last edited by Stephanie; 07-28-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-28-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

OK, thanks @Celestialmoon . I guess I was confused because I'd participated in a Wizard101 Central tournament that was bazaar gear only, and the gear restriction included the weapon.

Sorry for the extra question: Is scrip gear allowed? For example Master Smuggler's Boots. I didn't see anything in the rules forbidding that, but just want to make sure. Thanks

@Khione Do you know of any videos I could watch to get a sense of how this tournament is supposed to be played?
    I would say no to scrip gear. The equipment used should be dropped from battle or purchased in the bazaar with gold. This is to make the gear accessible for all players.

• ALL equipment MUST come from ONLY books 1 and 2 or levels 10 and below. Equipment (hats, boots, totems, etc) cannot come from booster packs, bundles, etc. Equipment must be either quest drops or bought with gold in the bazaar. Livsey's Ring, the Pioneer Eye Patch and Grizzled Heart Banner are examples of gear not allowed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-28-2018),Stephanie (07-29-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12