Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Re: Proud to be a Pirate: Companion Contest

Name: Lucky Guy Rilish.
    Species: Leprechaun.
    Class: Ranged Buccaneer (base range of 3).
    Catchphrase: "Nobody touches me Pot O' Gold! NOBODY! YOU HEAR!?"
    Unique Power:

ME POT O'GOLD!
    Range: 1
    Animation: Guy reaches behind him, grabs onto his pot of gold then does an overhead slam onto the target. Target has the actual pot on their head for one round afterwards with the gold falling down around them like with the Treasure Bath doubloon, only with the gold coming out of the pot itself instead of thin air. Then after realizing he just threw his pot of gold away he slumps over in disbelief and regret.
    Effect: Deals massive physical damage. For one round the targets line of sight is reduced to the immediate area around them (one range) and their accuracy and dodge is reduced by 50%, but Guy's dodge is also decreased by 50% for one round as well. His actual pot of gold is also placed over the targets head for the duration while he also loses his pot of gold for the duration. Both these effects are also displayed in the character models in-game.

Backstory: Born and raised in the world of Avalon in a small village called Aliaster the Leprechaun known as Guy Rilish was always the odd one out among his fellow peers. The outfit he loves wearing already stands out among a crowd, but more than that he has a deep fascination with gold and keeping them in pots. Of course most Leprechauns are like this but unlike most he is very protective of his pot and gold, and I mean VERY protective. He’s so protective to the point where if anyone so much as looks at it the wrong way or accidentally scratches his pot he will go into a fit of rage and attack everyone and everything around him. Eventually he was ousted from his home village due to his destructive behavior.

He would later get a job as a happy-go-lucky-ish mercenary for hire where he would earn the nickname of Lucky Guy because of how lucky he was to come out of his jobs with his gold and pot (and quite possibly his sanity) in one piece. He would continue this line of work for many years until one day during one of his contracts he came across a young pirate captain who caught his eye.

P.S. Bonus points for those who can get the reference in the name.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lucky Guy Rilish (crude companion render).jpg  
    Last edited by flash33; 07-11-2018 at 01:29 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-11-2018),LuckyDuck (07-11-2018),Virtuous Vanessa (07-11-2018)

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Looks like the catch phrase thing I did really caught on!

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (07-11-2018),LuckyDuck (07-11-2018)

Alyce Natalie is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• Alyce Natalie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Silver Katherine Underwood
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Guides for Backstory

Name: Festive Musa
    Class: Musketeer
    Species: Eagle
    Origin: Aquila
    Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrow
    Backstory: Musa de Tweetoff, now known as Festive Musa, had a harsh life when she was young. Her parents were killed by the Ophidians during the Trojan War of the Eagles versus the Ophidians. But, before her parents died, they trained Musa archery and animal shooting in order to enable Musa to prepare herself in the battle. Haven't mastered the skills of archery, her parents passed away sooner than she thought.

Musa had a plan to master her archery skills, in order to help the big five heroes: Stern Eaglamemnon, cunning Ulysses, mighty Ajax, dauntless Diomedes, and Eagilles the Spartan to retrive the Golden Egg from the hand of the Ophidians.

So Musa joined the archery crew which has Serena, one of the winner of the Contest of Champion as a trainer. In the archery crew, Musa gained a lot of experiences on how to do shooting and fighting the ettins, manticores, and laestrygonean, and even had the experience of helping Argos on fighting against the deadly minotaur (which caused them to be locked in the labyrinth). However, after locking up the minotaurs, there are several problems occurs in the archery crew such as the members begin to become unfriendly and there's a change in person for the trainer, so Musa decided to resign from the archery crew.

Musa hoped to find a better trainer to train her in archery. She wished to be in one crew with a good captain in it. However, it's not as fast as she thought. In her waiting time to be employed in a good crew, rather than doing nothing, she participated in the archery contest that's held in Aquila every 4th of July, which is in the independence day. The contest requires the participants to wear a patriotic themed costume. With a bit of hard work, she won the first round of archery contest held in Aquila. Due to her win in the first round of archery contest, Musa had the chance to flew to Bestia, where the second archery contest commences. During the contest, Musa found a good crew from Skull Island which willingly accepts her as the member of the crew.

Note: The archery contest in both Aquila and Bestia is unfortunately inaccessible to pirates.

Guides for Pirates

Companion concept: Considered as the "second" Nausica with no True Grits, Musa strives with her unique "Arrow" series power, along with her Point Black Shot, her "Kick" ability, and also the epic choices that her captain choose for her.

Note: Musa unique power will get stronger as she got promoted.

Recruitment: from special 4th of July side quest "A Mighty Archer" available to all pirate classes given by Musa herself. Musa is going to stand beside Decius Duelmaster in Circus Maximus.

Requirement: Level 5, completed the "Silly Pet Tricks" quest.

Start

Power: Point Black Shot
    Unique Power:
    Metal Arrow ~ Move and deal 2x damage to enemies in her surroundings (Musa run to the target, turns around, jump, and arrows shoot)
    Starting Epics: Quick Adjust, Pirate 1

Promotion 1 at level 25
    (for 2300 gold with 2 epic choices available)

Power: Point Black Shot (2x)
    Unique Power:
    Blast Arrow ~ Move and deal 2x damage to enemies in her surroundings, may leave a fire trap that deals 4x weapon damage (Musa run to the target, turns around, jump, and arrows shoot, but this time some fire come out from her arrow)
    Starting Epics: Quick Adjust, Pirate 2
    Special Starting Epics: Kick ~ Kick an enemy when they hit you (similar to Vengeance Strike)

Promotion 2 at level 50
    (for 7000 gold with 1 epic choice available)

Power: Point Black Shot (3x)
    Kick (works in the same way as Kick epics) ~ Kick an enemy, deal 1x weapon damage (Musa lifts up her leg and kicks an enemy)
    Unique power:
    Fire Arrow ~ Move and deal 3x damage to enemies in her surroundings, leave a fire trap that deals 4x weapon damage (Musa run to the target, turns around, jump, and arrows shoot, but this time massive amount of fire come out from her arrow)
    Starting Epics: Quick Adjust, Pirate 3
    Special Starting Epics: Kick 2 ~ Kick an enemy when they hit you, activate 3x per round (similar to Vengeance Strike)

Epics Available for Selection:
    - Quick Adjust 2, 3
    - Quick Draw 1, 2, 3
    - Burst Fire 1, 2, 3
    - Overwatch 1, 2, 3
    - Double Tap 1, 2, 3
    - Return Fire 1, 2, 3

Unique power concept: Moving and attacking, then leaving traps is important to succeed as a musketeer.

Well... I think I typed too much already. :/

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alyce Natalie For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (07-11-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-11-2018),LuckyDuck (07-11-2018),Stephanie (07-25-2018),Virtuous Vanessa (07-12-2018)

LuckyDuck is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by Alyce Natalie View Post
    Promotion 1 at level 25Promotion 2 at level 50
    Wow, you really went all out! I wanted to add promotion changes for my companion, but too lazy. Great job

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyDuck For This Useful Post:

Alyce Natalie (07-24-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-11-2018)

Virtuous Vanessa is offline KingsIsle
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Hey guys! Due to Pirate101 Central being down, I’m going to extend my contest deadline until Wednesday. Please note that I’m on vacation though and WiFi may be limited. I’ll do my best to check up on things once in awhile.
    Avatar by KingsIsle’s Jeff Toney

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Virtuous Vanessa For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (07-15-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-15-2018),LuckyDuck (07-17-2018),RealDux (07-15-2018),Shivi (07-17-2018),Willowdreamer (07-15-2018)

Virtuous Vanessa is offline KingsIsle
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Hey guys! Thanks for your patience. Back from vacation and here are the winners! It was very tough to decide!

• 1st: Alyce Natalie
    • 2nd: LuckyDuck
    • 3rd: RealDux

Thanks to everyone who entered. Hope you're all having a great summer!
    Avatar by KingsIsle’s Jeff Toney

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Virtuous Vanessa For This Useful Post:

Alyce Natalie (07-24-2018),Celestialmoon (07-23-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-23-2018),LuckyDuck (07-25-2018),RealDux (07-24-2018),Stephanie (07-25-2018),Willowdreamer (07-23-2018)

flash33 is offline Navigator

• flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Not surprised I lost but congrats to the winners regardless.

P.S. I think we all knew that Alyce would take first place.
    Last edited by flash33; 07-23-2018 at 04:33 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (07-23-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-23-2018),LuckyDuck (07-25-2018)

RealDux is offline Deckhand

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

I get a soaring eagle mount with my Roarin' Soarin' Eagle entry... pretty fitting!

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

LuckyDuck (07-25-2018),Stephanie (07-25-2018)

Alyce Natalie is offline Deck Swabber

• Alyce Natalie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Silver Katherine Underwood
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Frigate
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Vanessa View Post
    Hey guys! Thanks for your patience. Back from vacation and here are the winners! It was very tough to decide!

• 1st: Alyce Natalie
    • 2nd: LuckyDuck
    • 3rd: RealDux

Thanks to everyone who entered. Hope you're all having a great summer!
    Wow, didn't really expect that I'm going to win! Congratulations to the winners @LuckyDuck, I really like the horse drawing since I'm bad at animal drawing T_T and also the powers that you choose, very creative indeed, and also @RealDux, I like your catchy phase (very thoughtful choice!) and also the eagle drawing, and thank you @Virtuous Vanessa for choosing me as the winners!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
    Wow, you really went all out! I wanted to add promotion changes for my companion, but too lazy. Great job
    Thank you, and yeah... I originally planned to just include promotion 2 as my entry, but I feel like I really want to draw more (lol) so I added the start and promotion 1 (which I think its a poor choice... I spend most of my time creating the powers and it turns out not really good...)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Alyce Natalie For This Useful Post:

LuckyDuck (07-25-2018)

LuckyDuck is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bookworm

Thank you so much for the contest! Congratulations to the other winners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12