PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Adventures in the Skyways

This is a role play.

Or is it reality?

As Helpful Aurora Parker and her friend Fearless Griffin Davenport sail the Skyways, they face twists, turns, cliffhangers (sometimes literally ), as they sail in the Skyways, fight the Armada and race to El Dorado before the Armada can get there. Will you join us? Will you join the Resistance? Will you join the Adventures in the Skyways?

Rules:
    1. No swearing. Heck, gosh, darn, golly, goodness, etc. is definitely accepted, LOL, but no bad words.
    2. No godmodding. The original rule of this, back then in the olden days role plays, was that you can't even do dialogue with other players' characters. I don't agree with that rule, so the only godmodding I'm talking about is no making them indestructible/perfect. As a fan of mutants and powers, of course I love to implement super, extraordinary powers into just about everything, LOL. But if you want your character to have powers, that's fine; just don't make them indestructible. They need to have weaknesses; otherwise, your character would have already defeated Kane and his minions himself/herself and he/she wouldn't have needed to have a team. That's what all of us are for.
    3. No love or romance. Being experienced in writing, I know full well that romance adds a lot to storyline by making it both a weakness and a strength. So I will tell you, you can make one boy character and one girl character like each other, sure - it certainly makes it realistic. Just make sure they never talk about their love for one another or actually do anything like kiss. Two characters of the opposite gender can always be funny with each other; just, once again, remember: NEVER go too deep, or you're out.
    4. There is a limit of 15 characters. Maybe write them down or something so you don't lose track of them and their personalities. If you have a problem with the limit, I'd be happy to make it 20; just make sure to keep track of them all and, please, try to avoid making a lot of them all at once (especially in the beginning). It's wonderful to make more characters as the storyline progresses, but try not to make too many all at once.
    5. Try as hard as you can to make each character have at least one weakness and one strength - at the beginning. As he/she tries to overcome his/her weakness and develop his/her strength, more obstacles can certainly arise.
    6. To make sure you read these rules (every single one of them; don't worry, I tried not to make it long ), please reply to this post for acceptance with the last emoticon of my post, as proof you read these rules. This is very important.
    6. Have fun!

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Brave Kiley, Level 51 Buccaneer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-10-2018),LuckyDuck (08-25-2018)

FearlessGriffinD is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

Re: Adventures in the Skyways

Arrgh, let's do this! (wow, big emote )
    Last edited by FearlessGriffinD; 08-10-2018 at 03:46 PM.

"Welcome to the real world." - Morpheus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-10-2018)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Name: "Helpful" Aurora Parker.
    Species: Human.
    Looks: Here is one picture of Aurora looking more like a Pirate, but her main outfit will be the last one.
    Name:  Aurora2.png
Views: 73
Size:  347.8 KB

Name:  Aurora.png
Views: 74
Size:  307.7 KB

Personality: A tad bit sarcastic, but not that much. She can be really noble sometimes, but most of the time she's just plain hilarious. She loves making jokes, but she can be serious when need be. She is a daredevil.
    Notable Relationships: Fearless Griffin Davenport ( @FearlessGriffinD ) - Griffin and Aurora are BFFs. Both are fun-loving and adventurous, so they make quite a pair!
    Home World: Grizzleheim.
    Theme Song: Roundtable Rival by Lindsey Stirling

Backstory: Aurora Parker was born to Kenneth and Elizabeth Parker, a Musketeer and a Privateer, but they rarely had time to take care of her when she was a baby. Kenneth and Elizabeth were hired to go on a seafaring trip, and they thought it too dangerous to take little Aurora with them. So, they entrusted her with one of their good friends in Grizzleheim, Bjorn and Jasika Weinstein. When Aurora grew older, the Bears of Grizzleheim tried training Aurora to be rough and tough like a Buccaneer, and use heavy swords and axes. But she always knew that wasn't her place. She was always sneaking around, and she hated heavy armor. The Bears had never seen anything like that before, and they wondered what was wrong with her.

One fateful day, when she was 12 years old, she left on her own raft to try to catch fish, but ended up in a Skyway storm and, the next thing she knew, she was on a sandy shore, with a fat man standing over her. She woke up and asked the man who he was, and he told her his name was Pete, but his friends call him "Skinny Pete". He told her to go to Captain Avery's Office, and see what he needs.

"He is hirin', after all," Pete had told her.

Aurora took his advice and went to see Avery. But after a great many adventures working for him, she decided she didn't want to work for anyone any longer. She left to Scrimshaw, and earned her nickname there: "Helpful". She always tried helping others, even when it didn't end well.

Once, a not-very-well-known criminal living about Scrimshaw named Johnny Keeler snuck into the market and stole a watermelon. He thought he went unnoticed, but he didn't. Aurora saw him and started running after him, shouting for him to give it back. But what she didn't know was a young but trained master named Sunny Madison Nightingale was looking for an apprentice, and she saw Aurora's courage, so she decided to run after Aurora, who was running after the criminal. Aurora stopped running and wiped her sweaty forehead, as Keeler had gotten away. Madison was still running, and as she tried to brake herself, she ended up tackling Aurora onto the sand.

Sitting up slightly, Madison cocked an eyebrow and suggested, "I want to train you."

"Train me?" Aurora had asked, confused and thinking, "why in the Spiral would she want to train me?"

And so the adventure began.

After Aurora mastered the art of the Grimblades and had many adventures with Madison, her first weapon (a pair of swords), Madison gave a pair to her as a reward and sent her off to do adventures on her own. Little did Aurora know that soon after she was sent into the open and made some friends at her Swashbuckler classes, including Fearless Griffin Davenport, Stormy Storm Storm and more, the word came that popular and well-known Sunny Madison Nightingale of the Musketeers had died in a shipwreck.

The news was devastating for Aurora. But as Aurora began to live life on her own and grew older and older, she became best friends with Griffin as they had several adventures.

This is one of them.
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 08-10-2018 at 04:55 PM. Reason: adding the name of Aurora's theme song

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-10-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

Name: Fearless Griffin Davenport
    Species: Human
    Looks:
    Name:  Griffin - Head.png
Views: 66
Size:  858.4 KB

Name:  Fearless Griffin Davenport.png
Views: 67
Size:  331.4 KB
    (Credit to @HelpfulAuroraParker for making the previous one for me)
    Personality: Adventurous, fun, brave
    Home world: Grizzleheim
    Theme song: Stop the Rock by Apollo 440

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-11-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Name:  One Snowy Morning in Polaris.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  24.9 KB

Her eyes fluttered open. A sound was disturbing her.

She sat up slightly, taking in her surroundings. Small white snowflakes were falling on her thick black hair and eyelashes. That observation immediately made her realize she was in Polaris.

Why am I in Polaris?

That was the question, wasn't it? Her emerald eyes darted to her left, where tanks drove in, Penguins shouting orders to their soldiers in Polarian language.

"En avant!" one of them shouted, which meant, "Onward!"

One of the soldiers was looking curiously at the black-haired girl sitting on the snow. "Qui est la fille?" he asked the commander, which meant, "Who is the girl?"

"Arrêtez le réservoir!" the commander ordered, which meant, "Stop the tank!" as he hopped on the snow and waddled over to the girl. "Parlez-vous Polarian?" That meant, "Do you speak Polarian?"

The girl squinted slightly. "Uh... Je ne parle... Pas... Bien? Pas bien Polarian." That meant, "I don't speak Polarian well". She uttered a slight laugh and hung her head to the side. "Do you speak Marleybonian?"

The commander nodded. "Oui."

She scrunched her eyebrows. "We? We what?"

"Quelle?"

The girl sighed. "Can you please help?"

"Oui. Quel est le problème?" That meant, "Yes. What's the problem?"

"Wha'?"

"Oui is 'yes' in Polarian," one of his soldiers explained.

The girl raised her eyebrow. "Okay." She cleared her throat. "Excuse me. My Polarian's a little rough. Je cherche... Un... Griffon." That meant, "I'm looking for a griffin".

Immediately, three soldiers started laughing and muttering about themselves, "elle cherche un griffon? A-t-elle lu trop de romans de fiction?" and then laughing more. That meant, "She's looking for a griffin? Has she read too many fiction novels?"

The girl sighed. "My name is Aurora, and I'm looking for my friend. Griffin."

"What does he look like?" asked one of the soldiers.

"Uh... Blond hair, blue eyes... Yea high..."

The soldier shrugged. "Better luck on your search, mademoiselle."

They climbed back aboard the tank as the commander yelled "en avant!" once again and the tank trudged forward.

Well, these people are friendly, was Aurora's first sarcastic thought after the experience with the Penguins.

When she stood up, she didn't even notice how cold she was. She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to keep herself warm.

Suddenly, she received static on a radio she forgot was in her inner pocket. She took it out and smiled in relief at the voice. It was Griffin.

"A? A, are you the-e-e-re?" He was cutting in and out.

"I'm here, G. I'm in... Uh... Polaris."

"Yeah, where in Polaris?" he asked. "I'm coming to you."

"The snowy part of Polaris," Aurora replied.

"Uh... A. Polaris is snow. Are you in North Polaris? South? East? West? Southeast? Southwest?"

Aurora giggled, and then looked around. "I don't see any signs..."

"Don't you have a compass?" Griffin asked.

Aurora smiled and took a compass out of her left pocket. "It's pointing upwards."

"So North Polaris?"

Aurora turned around, looking at the compass from a different angle. "Wait, now it's pointing downwards."

Griffin sighed behind the radio. "Do you see any landmarks?"

"A tank with Penguins speaking Polarian just passed by," Aurora said, shrugging. "Other than that, nothing."

Griffin humphed. "Hmm... Well... I'll look around for--" Silence.

Aurora's eyes widened. "G?"

"Hold on. Some Penguins are coming toward me."

"Are they good or bad?"

"How in the Spiral am I supposed to know?" Griffin said, laughing. "Just hold on."

A few more seconds passed, until more static sounded on the radio and Griffin shouted, "Stay where you are! Stay wh-e-e-e-re-- Stay-- Stay--"

More silence.

I know Griffin just told me to stay here. But he's in danger. You bet I'm not gonna stay here.

Aurora smirked as she took up her glowing knives and trudged off into the snow...

To be continued by @FearlessGriffinD
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 08-11-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Translations.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-12-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

Awesome job, @HelpfulAuroraParker!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-12-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGriffinD View Post
    Awesome job, @HelpfulAuroraParker !
    Thank you so much!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-13-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

(OOC: Apologies for replying so late. )

Aurora couldn't wait another moment. Too much was at stake. Too many Pirates' lives were on the line. Griffin's life was on the line.

She began to feverishly pack all the necessary last minute items so she can make a mad dash to the door so she can rescue her dear friend. She paused to think, but only for a moment. She knew Griffin was in trouble, and on his own. He was probably without any weapons or way to defend himself.

It took a little longer than she planned, but she finally managed to gather all the items to get going, and help Griffin. She would find him. Wherever he might be.

As she slammed the door shut with haste behind her, thoughts began to creep into her mind. The same lingering doubts she so often wrestled with. "How do you even know he's in trouble?" She interrogated herself. "I mean, did he even cry out for help? No..." She continued questioning herself, wondering if he really was in trouble, or if she was just being paranoid. "All he said was that there were penguins and then his radio went out. It could have been just a battery or..."

Just then her radio abruptly blipped and bleeped. She brought it to her ear. Muffled, distorted words voiced broken, glitchy chatter. "Helpfu... uh.. arker... thi... eerless griff.." then silence.

Aurora stood there still as a statue, silent, intently listening, putting her ear directly on the radio's speaker. Nothing. She began to breathe heavily in anticipation of any noise whatsoever. But still nothing.

Three long minutes went by. And then, all of a sudden, the radio blasted loudly as she jerked her head away from the speaker covering her ear from the surprising burst of audio.

"Do... You... Copy?"

Her heart raced with hope and excitement. It was Griffin's voice! It was Griffin!

"G! G! Are you alright?" Aurora blurted into the radio with frantic, quick breathing, and a heart filled with reassurance.

A huge pause, then an almost unnatural calm sounding reply sounded loud, and slow. "I... Am... Alirighhhtt, Helpful Aurora Parkerrrr."

Aurora's excitement quickly diminished as her smile turned into a frown, and fear gripped her heart. "Griffin?" She slowly questioned back. "Where, where are you?"

Another long, eerie pause, and then to her horror another robotic sounding reply. "Everything is going to be just... Just fine. And... Dandy, Helpful Aurora Parker."

"I, I must gooo now, though. I'll catch you laateerr. Good--" He paused as if that was the end of his sentence. "Bye, my One friend." He continued as if he started a whole new conversation. Then an abrupt "click" ended the connection and it went silent.

Aurora was left standing holding the radio in her hand, still holding it to her ear, speechless, dumbfounded and feeling utterly helpless.

She slowly put the radio back in her pocket, looked back at the mile and a half of terrain she had walked, and took a deep, defeated breath. In anguish and helplessness, she slowly turned and began to walk back in defeat.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she replayed the eerily slow, robotic voice claiming to be Grif-- Wait!!

Her eyes opened wide as a flood of thoughts hit her mind, heart and emotions like a bolt of lightning!

"Allriighht.." he said. Slowly, on purpose. "Allriighht.." then pronounced her name - her whole name. First, middle and last! It - it was a message! A secret decoded message!

She wiped the tears away with a renewed excitement and now a fierce determination. "Aliright." She sparked to herself. "Starts with A. Helpful Aurora Parker. A, H, A, P. " "Everything.. is fine and... E! Everything!" She exclaimed. "A, H, A, P E. Fine and dandy. He never talks like that. F, D. No, F, A, D," she continued as she quickly quoted her thoughts as if putting together pieces to a puzzle in record time.

"I must go now catch you later, good - bye - friend."
    A... HAPEFAD, C for catch, L for later, B for bye, F for... " She stood in cold stone silence and then thought as she took a gulped of air. Alpha Hospital at Penguin Entrance, code to get in security, FADCLB1F!"

She could barely hold in her excitement as blood rushed through her body and she swirled her body around to make haste in rescuing her comrade, her partner, her friend.

"Hang in there, G! I'm comin' for ya!"

Last edited by FearlessGriffinD; 08-21-2018 at 07:46 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-22-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

(OOC: @FearlessGriffinD, I LOVE THAT! Great job! )

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGriffinD View Post
    A... HAPEFAD, C for catch, L for later, B for bye, F for... " She stood in cold stone silence and then thought as she took a gulped of air. Alpha Hospital at Penguin Entrance, code to get in security, FADCLB1F!"

She could barely hold in her excitement as blood rushed through her body and she swirled her body around to make haste in rescuing her comrade, her partner, her friend.

"Hang in there, G! I'm comin' for ya!"
    As Aurora trudged through the snow, thoughts invaded her mind like vultures picking on carrion. She was trying to keep a bold face, a determined attitude, but the other half of her mind was worried about the location Griffin had sent via the secret message. Alpha Hospital... Penguin Entrance... She knew there was a reason he was at the hospital. She knew too much.

Her good friend Acelin, a Fox from Albion who currently lived in Polaris, had given the mission. Yes, the mission. She supplied Griffin and Aurora with radios, supplies, and, of course, medical treatment. Acelin's mother Agatha was a doctor and trained her in several practices. In case Aurora or Griffin should be hurt or injured during the mission, Acelin would supply them with medical treatment at the Alpha Hospital at Penguin Entrance.

Was Griffin injured? Or was it just a rendezvous point? Aurora wanted to know before she would arrive at the hospital, but...

Aurora gasped as a thought eased its way into her mind. Why would Griffin need a code? Why couldn't he just say the rendezvous point? He would need a secret message if there was someone watching him, or a reason why he was trying to hide his location from any other prying eyes.

Neither of them were secret agents, but this treasure they were seeking was very valuable. Acelin had pointed them in the right direction. The direction of El Dorado, the lost land of gold.

Soon, it was going to be found. Or was it?

Name:  Alpha Hospital - Penguin Entrance Polaris.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  21.6 KB

Snow. Crisp, flaky snow. Snow that Polarians call home.

Somehow, Acelin Magellan had a hard time welcoming the snow. In the shadowed depths of her heart, she wished she could be back home in Albion, where the lush green lands never came to a stop and snow was a legend.

When Acelin first arrived at Polaris, the snow was enchanting and nearly unrealistic. But she had been living there for a month now, and she was homesick. Terribly homesick.

"Doctor Magellan," beckoned a masculine voice behind her.

Acelin turned around, her vivid green eyes sparkling. "Morris. I expect good news."

"No good news, Doctor," Morris replied. He was a reprogrammed Clockwork. "G is in... A fight."

Acelin raised her eyebrow slightly, continuing in her deep Irish accent. "With one of ye? A Clockwork?"

Morris cocked his mechanical head. "I would prefer... Not to call myself... A... Clockwork. But yes, the... Armada... Has come."

Acelin's left ear picked up a sound a few walls ahead. It was some sort of beeping noise that only sounded once. Her ears and nose work better and more acute, since she's a Fox. "That sound... I recognize tha' sound. It's comin' from the door. Someone must have gotten the access code."

"But that's... Impossible," Morris replied. "Who would... Know or remember the... Access code? It's quite long."

"Someone with Intel," Acelin replied as she raced to the door, pistols ready. As the door opened, a black-haired girl with emerald eyes as green and vivid as Acelin's entered with a slight limp, with a rosy blush to her face - a blush of one who has been in the cold a little too long.

"Who are ye?" Acelin asked in a threatening tone, pistols locked on the stranger who somehow knew the access code. She added, "And how do ye know the code?"

"FADCLB1F," the girl mumbled, her eyes looking downwards at the floor. "FADCLB1F... FADCLB1F... F-A-D-- F-- F-A-D-C-- Oh! FADCLB1F. FADCLB1F..."

"Who are you?" Acelin shouted this time. "Tell me now!"

"FADCLB1F," the girl repeated.

"Stop repeatin' our access code - we already know it, ye sorne. Now tell us!" "Sorne" was a slang term in Albonian for someone who was ignorant, or who wasn't paying attention.

"F-- F-A--" And with that, the girl fell to the floor.

Acelin rushed forward. "My great Glaux..." She eyed the girl intently, and noticed something. Opening the girl's eye with her finger, she noticed it was Aurora. Yes, Aurora. Helpful Aurora Parker. The same Aurora she and Griffin had worked with.

Morris eyed Acelin carefully. "Doctor, don't you... Remember... Helpful Aurora... Parker?"

Acelin blinked twice. "Y-yes. I-I do."

"Doctor, is it... Happening... Again?"

"Oh, quell it. If Griffin's fightin' Clockworks, we'd better help 'im fight."

"I am growing... Concerned... About you, Doctor."

Acelin stood up from her position and met Morris' mechanical gaze. "No, you aren't."

"Doctor, it is my... Job to help you. Lacey... Wanted me to."

"It may be yer job, but you aren't really concerned about me. You're a Clockwork. Ye're mechanical. Ye don't have real emotions. And that's why I'm sure glad ye're my assistant." She took a deep breath, and then continued. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Clockworks ta fight. Take care o' Aurora for me. I'll be back when those blasted mechs are dealt with. Griffin doesn't know the art of the Bowslinger." She smirked slightly, and then grabbed her signature weapon from Albion that she called the Bowslinger. It was a crossbow, but it shot bullets instead of arrows. It was crafted to her design; tailored to her fingers. It was hers, and no one else could touch it.

As she opened the door to a patient's room, she saw a young blond boy trying to fend off six Clockworks with his knives.

"Clockworks... Ye're gonna wish ye stayed home."

To be Continued by @FearlessGriffinD
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 08-25-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Adding MY role play piece! YAY!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-22-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Posted the role play piece now! YAY! (Also, incoming character.)

Name: Acelin Nola Magellan.
    Species: Fox.
    Looks: Like the picture below, but she stands on her feet and acts like a person.

Name:  Acelin.png
Views: 30
Size:  69.2 KB

Notable Relationships: Classified, other than Morris, her Clockwork assistant.
    Home World: Albion.
    Theme Song: New Tail from How to Train Your Dragon.

Backstory: Acelin grew up in a beautiful home in Albion, but was forced to move to the colder, harsher World of Polaris, due her sister's immediate order to station her defenses there. Acelin met Aurora and Griffin in quite the interesting way, but they decided they weren't enemies. She gave them a mission she couldn't accomplish herself.

Because what if they could?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-25-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast