Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

9/11 Ceremony 2018.

Banner made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

9/11 Ceremony 2018

If you remember for the past few years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got a lot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2018 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Wizard101

Pirate101

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around part of Skull Island on foot, starting from Circus Maximus, and eventually ending in in my Volcano Island house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Vadima. Also, as suggested by a reader @Toa of Gallifrey to be exact) there will be a special show match at the end of the Pirate101 version of the march this year to represent the struggle the soldiers faced in defending their homeland. This will take place shortly after arrival to the house and before the closing speeches begin.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Circus Maximus, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Circus Maximus -> Bestia -> Avery's Court -> Skull Mountain -> Skull Cave -> Skull Island (Zone) -> Ancient Tunnels -> Skull Island Docks.

The reason it's only the Free to Play areas is so more people can attend and participate in the event.

Rules

Like all events, this one has rules that you should know and follow.

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
    2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
    3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a North Wind Lion, Celestial Dragon or an Ostrich in a Pear Tree for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges).
    4. No cursing or foul language.
    5. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
    6. All Pirate101 Central and Pirate101 rules apply (you may say your Pirate101 Central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
    7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
    8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
    9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
    10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
    11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
    12. You must have access to at least these areas of Skull Island.
    13. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
    14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
    15. Have fun.

Date And Times

Saturday, September 8, 2018.

3:30 PM PST
    4:30 PM MST
    5:30 PM CST
    6:30 PM EST

Why Am I Hosting This?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.

Extra Notes

Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above. I will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out post here.

Guest Speakers will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.

The reason why the end is at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while having it in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my house I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever.

Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.

Since the Wizard101 version of this event is hosted on the actual day, the Pirate101 version of this event will be held a few days before it to prevent confusion between events.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33 (Seth)
    Helpers:
    Guest Speakers: @LuckyDuck (Cheerful Nancy)

Picture made by Victoria Dawnbright over at Wizard101 Central.
    Last edited by flash33; 08-18-2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Removed helper/guest speaker.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-15-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-14-2018),LuckyDuck (09-08-2018),Stephanie (08-15-2018)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Re: 9/11 Ceremony 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by flash33 View Post
    Date And Times

I'll try to make it, if I can. If I am able to, I'd love to be a Helper or a Guest Speaker like last time.

Thanks for the credit for the banner, by the way!

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Brave Kiley, Level 51 Buccaneer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-15-2018)

sparticus32 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• sparticus32's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  jack nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon, MB
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by flash33 View Post

Banner made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

9/11 Ceremony 2017

If you remember for the past few years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now I'm gonna go ahead and get a head-start and make the thread for the 2015 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Wizard101

Pirate101

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around part of Skull Island on foot, starting from Circus Maximus, and eventually ending in in my Volcano Island house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Vadima.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Circus Maximus, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Circus Maximus -> Bestia -> Avery's Court -> Skull Mountain -> Skull Cave -> Skull Island (Zone) -> Ancient Tunnels -> Skull Island Docks.

The reason it's only the Free to Play areas is so more people can attend and participate in the event.

Rules

Like all events, this one has rules that you should know and follow.

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
    2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
    3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a North Wind Lion, Celestial Dragon or an Ostrich in a Pear Tree for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges).
    4. No cursing or foul language.
    5. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
    6. All Pirate101 Central and Pirate101 rules apply (you may say your Pirate101 Central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
    7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
    8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
    9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
    10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
    11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
    12. You must have access to at least these areas of Skull Island.
    13. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
    14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
    15. Have fun.

Date And Times

Why Am I Hosting This?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.

Extra Notes

Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above. I will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out post here.

Guest Speakers will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.

The reason why the end is at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my house I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.

I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever.

Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.

Since the Wizard101 version of this event is hosted on the actual day, the Pirate101 version of this event will be held a few days before it to prevent confusion between events.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33 (Seth)
    Helpers:
    Guest Speakers:

Picture made by Victoria Dawnbright over at Wizard101 Central.
    ill try to come as well. no guarantees though. I don't think I could be a guest speaker since I can't even think of anything to say at the moment but ill let you know if I change my mind.
    every person collects something be it stamps or rare books, I on the other hand collect golden chickens...and that my friends, is the true meaning of Christmas. *cough* crazy person *cough*Credit to Doom-N-Gloomy for my amazing avatar

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparticus32 For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (08-15-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-14-2018)

flash33 is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    I'll try to make it, if I can. If I am able to, I'd love to be a Helper or a Guest Speaker like last time.

Thanks for the credit for the banner, by the way!
    Of course, I always try to give credit where credit's due.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-15-2018)

Toa of Gallifrey is offline In the brig
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Fine

It'd be cool if there was a simple exhibition PvP match at your house while the speakers relay their messages, that'd help retain attention longer and make for a fun shake-up in the formula. It can be representative of the struggle of US forces in defending their homeland.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toa of Gallifrey For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Woot

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    I'll try to make it, if I can. If I am able to
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticus32 View Post
    ill try to come as well. no guarantees though. I don't think I could be a guest speaker since I can't even think of anything to say at the moment but ill let you know if I change my mind.
    Ditto! It would be awesome to come, if I have the time.

"Welcome to the real world." - Morpheus

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

14. The Following User Says Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-17-2018)

LuckyDuck is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bookworm

I'd love to say a few words if I can make it. I'll let you know for sure closer to the event date, but so far my schedule is free. Thanks for hosting

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyDuck For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-24-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Only 16 days remain until the day of the ceremony. I hope to see you there.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (08-24-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Musical

Next Saturday is when the march will begin. Hope to see you there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast