Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,006
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,609
    Thanks (Received)
    8,820
    Gold
    1,566
    Fine

    Producer's Letter Clue

    Let's try to find this undiscovered hybrid mentioned in the recent Producer's Letter:


    Besides adding some new pet naming options with the next update, there are also some undiscovered hybrids that are in the Spiral even now! A clue for one of them is… I am the terror that quacks in the silvery moon light. With that knowledge, go forth and morph!

    Terrorloon with Emusaur?






  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (08-29-2018),FearlessGriffinD (08-29-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-29-2018),Ravino (08-29-2018)




  3. #2
    FearlessGriffinD's Avatar
       FearlessGriffinD is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    26
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    265
    Thanks (Received)
    68
    Gold
    0
    Fine

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Let's try to find this undiscovered hybrid mentioned in the recent Producer's Letter:
    Besides adding some new pet naming options with the next update, there are also some undiscovered hybrids that are in the Spiral even now! A clue for one of them is… I am the terror that quacks in the silvery moon light. With that knowledge, go forth and morph!

    Terrorloon with Emusaur?


    I'm sort of clueless (pun intended ) about pets and hybrids, but that's a great guess. Something terror with a duck. Is there a duck pet? (quack quack )

    (p.s. I noticed it said "hybrids" and "a clue for one of them is". That obviously means there are more. This will be fun! )

    This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
    Last edited by FearlessGriffinD; 08-29-2018 at 02:07 PM.


    "Welcome to the real world." - Morpheus



  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (08-31-2018)


  5. #3
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,006
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,609
    Thanks (Received)
    8,820
    Gold
    1,566
    Fine

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGriffinD View Post
    I'm sort of clueless (pun intended ) about pets and hybrids, but that's a great guess. Something terror with a duck. Is there a duck pet? (quack quack )

    (p.s. I noticed it said "hybrids" and "a clue for one of them is". That obviously means there are more. This will be fun! )
    Yes! There are also Quackosaurus and Darkling Duck for the duck part.



    This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.




  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    FearlessGriffinD (08-30-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-31-2018),LuckyDuck (08-29-2018)


  7. #4
    LuckyDuck's Avatar
       LuckyDuck is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    192
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    743
    Thanks (Received)
    301
    Gold
    189
    Bookworm

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Yes! There are also Quackosaurus and Darkling Duck for the duck part.
    I think Darkling Duck is a good bet. Terrorloon sounds good too, but what about the "silvery moonlight" bit? Is there any significance to that? I wonder if the Silver Buffaloon could be involved..

    This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.





  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyDuck For This Useful Post:

    FearlessGriffinD (08-30-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-31-2018)


  9. #5
    lukin's Avatar
       lukin is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    487
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    143
    Thanks (Received)
    475
    Gold
    373
    Scurvy

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    It would be Darkling Duck. Its a play on a 90s cartoon Darkwing Duck, his catchphrase was, "I am the terror that flaps in the night"




  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lukin For This Useful Post:

    FearlessGriffinD (08-30-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-31-2018),Kingurz (08-31-2018),LuckyDuck (08-31-2018),Willowdreamer (08-29-2018)


  11. #6
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,006
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,609
    Thanks (Received)
    8,820
    Gold
    1,566
    Fine

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by lukin View Post
    It would be Darkling Duck. Its a play on a 90s cartoon Darkwing Duck, his catchphrase was, "I am the terror that flaps in the night"
    So are you saying Darkling Duck and Silver Buffaloon?



    This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.




  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (08-31-2018)


  13. #7
    Kingurz's Avatar
       Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    445
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    314
    Thanks (Received)
    766
    Gold
    428

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by lukin View Post
    It would be Darkling Duck. Its a play on a 90s cartoon Darkwing Duck, his catchphrase was, "I am the terror that flaps in the night"
    Exactly my thought from the clue. Clearly one of the pets is Darkling Duck.

    This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.



  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (08-31-2018),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-31-2018)


  15. #8
    Rrrrzzzz419's Avatar
       Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    418
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    358
    Thanks (Received)
    593
    Gold
    112

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    So are you saying Darkling Duck and Silver Buffaloon?

    I believe the combo is Quackasaurus plus Silver Buffaloon and it gives you a Darkling Duck. Remember the Darkling Duck was a limited time 5th Birth-O-Ween promotional pet so the only way to obtain it currently would be through morphing.

    This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

    Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.



  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (09-01-2018)


  17. #9
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    681
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,372
    Thanks (Received)
    673
    Gold
    445
    Creative

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrzzzz419 View Post
    I believe the combo is Quackasaurus plus Silver Buffaloon and it gives you a Darkling Duck. Remember the Darkling Duck was a limited time 5th Birth-O-Ween promotional pet so the only way to obtain it currently would be through morphing.
    That's a great idea, but I think Decius was saying "new" Pet hybrids, not old Pets come back in the form of a hybrid. I don't know, though...

    This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

    HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

    Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.




  18. #10
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,006
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,609
    Thanks (Received)
    8,820
    Gold
    1,566
    Fine

    Re: Producer's Letter Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    That's a great idea, but I think Decius was saying "new" Pet hybrids, not old Pets come back in the form of a hybrid. I don't know, though...
    I believe Decius does count ways of making Crown Shop pet as hybrids via morphing as "new", if the parents haven't yet been discovered. I haven't hatched much with the Darkling Duck, but if it morphs true -- you can get one by morphing with one -- it wouldn't need to be a hybrid, so I'm leaning more toward the Darkling Duck as one parent in the hint for that reason.



    This post contains 2 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.




  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (09-02-2018)


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •