PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Falmea Friday - The Keymaster!

From the main message boards:

Falmea Friday - the Keymaster
    Hi Pirates! Let's chat about something new, shall we?

By now, some of you have hopefully had a chance to check out the new skeleton key bosses on Test Realm. For this Falmea Friday, I'd like to ask - which Skeleton Key boss is your favorite so far? If you could change one thing about one of the bosses, what would it be? Any other thoughts for these or future fights like these?

Have a fiery Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

LuckyDuck (11-12-2018)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Falmea Friday - The Keymaster!

Which Skeleton Key boss is your favorite so far?

Now that I've had a chance to try all the key bosses, I'd say Old Scratch is my favorite because it's a completely different kind of fight from what we're used to (enemies charging at us), and it encourages us to think strategically and come up with a new way to fight.

Any other thoughts for these or future fights like these?

For future fights, it would be ideal if the bosses could have some kind of intelligence. Similar to how when you play chess against a computer, there should be some basic combos that the bosses "know" and can use. For example, they should know to cast reduced spellpower on your team's privateer. They should know to hide or shield before charging. And they should know to position their ranged units behind buck or privateer units that have Hold the Line or Repel Boarders. As of now they are just way too dumb.

It would also be cool if we could have more complicated map designs. Things like banners we'd have to target, or traps we'd have to strategically move through. Maybe even special squares that give us bonuses or weaknesses when we stand on them.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

LuckyDuck (11-12-2018),Willowdreamer (09-19-2018)

Edward Teach is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    From the main message boards:Falmea Friday - the KeymasterHi Pirates! Let's chat about something new, shall we?By now, some of you have hopefully had a chance to check out the new skeleton key bosses on Test Realm. For this Falmea Friday, I'd like to ask - which Skeleton Key boss is your favorite so far? If you could change one thing about one of the bosses, what would it be? Any other thoughts for these or future fights like these?Have a fiery Friday and a wonderful weekend! Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
    The brass monkey drops about 40,000 gold per run without treasure baths and only takes one turn to end the right, so he's good for gold and scrip. Blood drops his coat which is good for pve and his whole outfit looks cool. Duck of death only has one good thing which is his coat, and I'd only recommend it for musketeer counter other musketeers, but then again quick adjust too valuable to give up, so I'd recommend using the musketeer grit quick adjust hat dropped by kane, but that's just me, you do whatever makes you win. Then we have scratch who is the absolute worst. The fight takes too long, and the drops are completely useless, on top of that, a good amount of the gold gained is needed to revive companions.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Edward Teach For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-12-2018),LuckyDuck (11-12-2018),Willowdreamer (11-12-2018)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

1.) Upgrade the gear. As people have said, these are the highest level biggest most lethal bosses in the game, and most of the gear they drop is subpar.

For example, there is barely any improvement with blood's gear compared to his level 35 Miranda gear. Both the obsidian blood hat and Miranda hat summon a weak shanty skeleton minion. Instead of this, it would be better if the obsidian had offers 3 strong evel 70 green evil spirit summons, or 3 level 70 Helliphant summons [maybe it could be randomly chosen for fun], as this reflects the nature of the obsidian blood dungeon when the captain calls for these specific undead minions to awaken. It would be appropriate. This would also make it one of the strongest hats in the game.

2.) Upgrade the nightmare realms sewer entrance. It's quite bland and not nightmarish, and we can't even see fellow pirates properly its like they are some blur. I was hoping it would be a hellish portrayal with floating islands, blood red thunderous stormy skies with volcanoes exploding in the distance, with rivers and waterfalls of magma flowing from these floating islands into a fiery sea beneath us. Each island would have a doorway to a particular boss fight, and rickety bridges would connect the islands

FUTURE BOSS FIGHT SUGGESTIONS [Copied from a post on the message boards]

The Nightmare Guardians

All 5 Mooshu guardians- Earth, Water, Metal, Fire and Wood, in nightmare mode. The leader would be a terrifying metal guardian- except this time he has black and red metal armor. The dungeon would have elements of each boss present. What I mean by this is like, there will be cages needed to activate metal guardian, earth guardian can summon terracotta minions, fire guardian can summon something as powerful as flames, etc etc etc...Drops include complete set of gear for each guardian, e.g. obsidian metal guardians sword. Further unique drops include a new obsidian kirin mount (no idea how it would look like), a wood guardian pet or something, etc... Out of all these suggestions, the nightmare guardians is my favorite, and also I think it would be currently appropriate to implement.

Nightmare Armada Elites

Probably not appropriate to implement at the moment, since Kane is already a level 70 dungeon. Perhaps this should be accessible to level 85 pirates in the future. In essence, its the current Kane boss fight, but much harder and with new cool armada drops. A few marines and dragoons here and there as well.

A Nefarious Nightmare

Yet again another fight that should be for level 85 pirates, maybe even level 95. Not only will Moo and 3-4 terracotta minions be present, so too will the nefarious five. Insanely hard fight, but doable. Drops include upgraded nightmare nefarious gear, upgraded nightmare imperial, a nefarious dragon mount etc.

seems like these fights may need nightmare keys in a totally different nightmare door instead of the usual obsidian ones.

Oh yeah and obsidian ships, obsidian sea dragons or serpents or megalodons or whatever nightmare lies in Panthalassa etc, if ships fights actually become cool in the future.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 11-12-2018 at 08:58 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-12-2018),LuckyDuck (11-12-2018),Stephanie (11-12-2018)

monkeycrew is offline Deckhand

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

While I like the concept, it definitely needs some fixing. If anything, fix the text colors so they don't show white for everybody and make TEAM UP available like in wiz!

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-12-2018),Willowdreamer (11-12-2018)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Haven't tried any of them yet, Skeleton keys isn't enough of a draw for me to want to re-sub

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (11-12-2018)