Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,270
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,477
    Thanks (Received)
    7,197
    Gold
    2,201
    Fine

    2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest


    Ahoy and Welcome to the 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bunkhouse Banner.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	74953

    This contest will run from NOW -- Sunday, October 14th and will end at 11:59:59 PM Central time on October 28th.

    Here is a screenshot guide for those of you wondering how to upload your picture into this thread.

    RULES:

    ~ It must be your own work (NO copying or stealing)
    ~ Glitching is allowed
    ~ Bunkhouses only, no houses or ship cabins
    ~ Your Pirate must be in a picture saying “Happy Halloween 2018” or, if you only have menu chat, your Pirate must be saying "Ahoy!"
    ~ It must contain at least ONE each of the three following items:


    1. Something Orange
    2. A Green Pillow
    3. A Redrum or Grouper pet

    ~ No changing your entry after it has been “thanked” by me
    ~ Only ONE entry per member
    ~ Please post three photos of your bunkhouse, from different angles -
    Make sure we can clearly see all three required items.
    ~ Also tell us something about your decorating scheme. How did you come up with the idea? What is it you’re going for? Spooky? Funny? Birthday Party?

    Judging will take both the images and the description into consideration, so please give some thought to both.

    PRIZES:

    First Place: Hoodoo Bundle and a Nightmare Paper Dragon Pet
    Second Place: 10,000 Crowns, an Ashes of the Armada Companion code and a Backpack Expansion Elixir
    Third Place: 5,000 Crowns and an Autumn Leaves Mount

    One Random non-placing entry will be chosen for a final prize of 2,500 Crowns.



    Thanks to Jester for this super fansite and the opportunity to hold contests, to Kingsisle for the cool stuff to give away, and to all the members of the community who participate and help each other out -- You All Rock!



    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 10-14-2018 at 02:42 PM.



  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),Crushcut (10-14-2018),emilydeclark (10-28-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-14-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-15-2018),LuckyDuck (10-15-2018),MorgrimGrime (10-28-2018),NoraLoomis (11-03-2018),Stephanie (10-14-2018)




  3. #2
    GoldenGuardian's Avatar
       GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  99
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    186
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    266
    Thanks (Received)
    282
    Gold
    327
    Worried

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post

    Ahoy and Welcome to the 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bunkhouse Banner.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	74953

    This contest will run from NOW -- Sunday, October 14th and will end at 11:59:59 PM Central time on October 28th.

    Here is a screenshot guide for those of you wondering how to upload your picture into this thread.

    RULES:

    ~ It must be your own work (NO copying or stealing)
    ~ Glitching is allowed
    ~ Bunkhouses only, no houses or ship cabins
    ~ Your Pirate must be in a picture saying “Happy Halloween 2018” or, if you only have menu chat, your Pirate must be saying "Ahoy!"
    ~ It must contain at least ONE each of the three following items:


    1. Something Orange
    2. A Green Pillow
    3. A Redrum pet

    ~ No changing your entry after it has been “thanked” by me
    ~ Only ONE entry per member
    ~ Please post three photos of your bunkhouse, from different angles -
    Make sure we can clearly see all three required items.
    ~ Also tell us something about your decorating scheme. How did you come up with the idea? What is it you’re going for? Spooky? Funny? Birthday Party?

    Judging will take both the images and the description into consideration, so please give some thought to both.

    PRIZES:

    First Place: Hoodoo Bundle and a Nightmare Paper Dragon Pet
    Second Place: 10,000 Crowns, an Ashes of the Armada Companion code and a Backpack Expansion Elixir
    Third Place: 5,000 Crowns and an Autumn Leaves Mount

    One Random non-placing entry will be chosen for a final prize of 2,500 Crowns.



    Thanks to Jester for this super fansite and the opportunity to hold contests, to Kingsisle for the cool stuff to give away, and to all the members of the community who participate and help each other out -- You All Rock!



    I don't have a Reddrum pet and the wiki implies it comes only from wrangling, which involves luck. Is there any other way I can get this pet? If not, may I suggest modifying the requirement by replacing the Reddrum with one easily available for gold in Bestia?





  4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018)


  5. #3
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,270
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,477
    Thanks (Received)
    7,197
    Gold
    2,201
    Fine

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    I don't have a Reddrum pet and the wiki implies it comes only from wrangling, which involves luck. Is there any other way I can get this pet? If not, may I suggest modifying the requirement by replacing the Reddrum with one easily available for gold in Bestia?
    I'm pretty sure that the Redrum can be morphed as well as wrangled.




  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),emilydeclark (10-28-2018)


  7. #4
       LegendaryM7 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • LegendaryM7's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Killian Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    56
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    45
    Thanks (Received)
    101
    Gold
    69
    Curious

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Redrum can be morphed as well as wrangled.

    Nope. A Reddrum pet cannot be gotten from morphing. Morphing with it results in a Grouper (the blue fish with yellow lips, tail, and back) being the morph result instead of the Reddrum, much like morphing with Black Market Tarantula creates a Tarantula in its place, but never a Black Market Tarantula.



  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-22-2018),Willowdreamer (10-14-2018)


  9. #5
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,270
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,477
    Thanks (Received)
    7,197
    Gold
    2,201
    Fine

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryM7 View Post
    Nope. A Reddrum pet cannot be gotten from morphing. Morphing with it results in a Grouper (the blue fish with yellow lips, tail, and back) being the morph result instead of the Reddrum, much like morphing with Black Market Tarantula creates a Tarantula in its place, but never a Black Market Tarantula.
    Well darn -- Okay, I'll change the requirement to either a Redrum or Grouper, since my intent was that the pet be received from either wrangling or morphing.

    AND I'll make the note on the pet's wiki page.

    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 10-14-2018 at 02:44 PM.



  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),Stephanie (10-14-2018)


  11. #6
    insurgent8's Avatar
       insurgent8 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    25
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    38
    Gold
    49
    Angelic

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    -Answered-
    Last edited by insurgent8; 10-15-2018 at 05:30 PM.



  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to insurgent8 For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),Crushcut (10-15-2018),Willowdreamer (10-15-2018)


  13. #7
       LegendaryM7 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

    • LegendaryM7's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Killian Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    56
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    45
    Thanks (Received)
    101
    Gold
    69
    Curious

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    @Willowdreamer
    This is... sort of a weird question to ask, but is it possible for us to, when we submit our entry, ask to NOT be considered for a certain place (first place, second place, etc.), or to, should we place higher than the prize we aimed for with this contest, instead be given the prize of a lower place? For example, if I were to win first place somehow, I would actually prefer to get the second place prize. I have enough of the Hoodoo Bundle already, and I would much rather get the second place prize of the Armada companion, and let someone that wants the Hoodoo Bundle get the bundle instead. I could also think that perhaps some players would prefer the Autumn Leaves Mount over the other prizes, depending on their personal preferences.



  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-15-2018),Willowdreamer (10-15-2018)


  15. #8
    Avery Court Grace's Avatar
       Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,561
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    246
    Thanks (Received)
    1,502
    Gold
    479
    Blog Entries
    6
    Woot

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Blood's Throne Room

    When the poker tournaments for the dead ends on Halloween night, Captain Blood retires to his throne room inside his old bunkhouse from his days of pirating. This is a picture of his throne room decorated for Halloween. Blood is not a great housekeeper so the local mushrooms have begun to grow wild inside his damp throne room. His bloodflames magically keep the room lit with the candlabras. That is what gives the floor a red look. He has two mummies that watch over him in case anyone tries to attack him in his throne room for his desired coat. A grouper fish swims around eating the flies that the dead attract. Many come to make requests of Blood. They kneel on the green pillow and make there desires known. Many that enter are never heard from again.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween Decorating 1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	74955
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween Decorating 2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	74956
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween Decorating 3.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	74957


    THANKS FOR THE CONTEST!!
    P.S. If your having trouble morphing a grouper send me a pm and we can meet up.







  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (10-15-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-18-2018),LuckyDuck (10-16-2018),Stephanie (10-15-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)


  17. #9
    GoldenGuardian's Avatar
       GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  99
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    186
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    266
    Thanks (Received)
    282
    Gold
    327
    Worried

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryM7 View Post
    @Willowdreamer
    This is... sort of a weird question to ask, but is it possible for us to, when we submit our entry, ask to NOT be considered for a certain place (first place, second place, etc.), or to, should we place higher than the prize we aimed for with this contest, instead be given the prize of a lower place? For example, if I were to win first place somehow, I would actually prefer to get the second place prize. I have enough of the Hoodoo Bundle already, and I would much rather get the second place prize of the Armada companion, and let someone that wants the Hoodoo Bundle get the bundle instead. I could also think that perhaps some players would prefer the Autumn Leaves Mount over the other prizes, depending on their personal preferences.
    I second this. I am aiming for second place haha. Maybe first place should choose what they want etc.





  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),Willowdreamer (10-15-2018)


  19. #10
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,270
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,477
    Thanks (Received)
    7,197
    Gold
    2,201
    Fine

    Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by insurgent8 View Post
    Question, could one use a "Festive Grouper" for the Grouper requirement?
    UM, no, Festive Grouper is Yuletide...
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryM7 View Post
    @Willowdreamer
    This is... sort of a weird question to ask, but is it possible for us to, when we submit our entry, ask to NOT be considered for a certain place (first place, second place, etc.), or to, should we place higher than the prize we aimed for with this contest, instead be given the prize of a lower place? For example, if I were to win first place somehow, I would actually prefer to get the second place prize. I have enough of the Hoodoo Bundle already, and I would much rather get the second place prize of the Armada companion, and let someone that wants the Hoodoo Bundle get the bundle instead. I could also think that perhaps some players would prefer the Autumn Leaves Mount over the other prizes, depending on their personal preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    I second this. I am aiming for second place haha. Maybe first place should choose what they want etc.
    A fair point, although it makes the judging a little trickier. If the entry specifies aiming for a particular prize, that's fine and can be taken into account, but I can't wait for choices after the fact. That wouldn't be fair to the other winners, to make them wait for theirs.




  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),Crushcut (10-19-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-22-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-18-2018)


Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •