•  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon, MB
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

THE EGGSTRAVAGANT BIRTHDAY PARTY!You are hereby invited to an eggstravagant party! (this is a blawk tie event!) To celebrate Pirate101 turning 6, we will have a Cave Party! There shall be eggecelent, and eggstrodinary food! This eggsculsive party combines a Birthday Party with Spookiness! While we pirates may be egging on the wizards on how their view of combat is a yolk compared to ours, there will be none of that! This is an eggspecially fancy party for all, so no ruffling someones feathers! Aside from the most fancy food, we have gamed! Pin the feather on the golden chicken! Whack the Gobbler (run by a very scary dino!) and more games that are the balk of the town! We have desert bars, a Turkey and a side of murder, errm redrum. Leave your presents in the corner and walk through the eggsepensive treasure pile, and grab a few coins if you can! I hope to see you there! And make sure to write if you are coming, and no chicken scratch penmanship! -Jack Nightingale lvl 70 buccaneerI'll take any prize but if I get first I would prefer second prize since I have a hoodoo bundle already
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2018-10-19 10-29-22-525.jpg   Picture 2018-10-24 08-06-08-256.jpg   Picture 2018-10-19 10-29-28-408.jpg  
    Last edited by sparticus32; 10-24-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: forgot the phrase
    every person collects something be it stamps or rare books, I on the other hand collect golden chickens...and that my friends, is the true meaning of Christmas. *cough* crazy person *cough*Credit to Doom-N-Gloomy for my amazing avatar

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparticus32 For This Useful Post:

Avery Court Grace (10-19-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-22-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

emilydeclark is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• emilydeclark's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Emily DeClark
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Royal Navy
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Yeehaw

Talking Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

With this bunkhouse, I was going for a spooky feel. Hopefully, this short story I wrote makes it seem even spookier. If I were to get any prize, I would prefer the second place prize the most (but any would be fine with me). Also, a shout out to monkeypoos for helping me morph a Grouper pet. This wouldn't be possible without your help!

Many years ago on Halloween night, a museum was shut down because a dragon statue fell on top of a man’s head, thus killing him. On the same night it closed, a small group of children were walking home from a carnival, in which they had won little fish and grand amounts of treats. By an invisible force, they were dragged into the museum, never to be heard from again. They were left to fend for themselves in the large empty museum. After they all perished due to suffocation from the lack of air, their unsatisfied spirits began to search for what they had been deprived of their whole lives: love, life, happiness. But alas, they never felt serenity. Now, the museum has reopened and their dead bodies found. The new owners included this exhibit, commemorating the children that suffered such a horrible fate. Their spirits live in this exhibit, and watch over the masses that pass by, waiting for the day that they may execute their revenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2018-10-21 11-03-19-320.jpg   Picture 2018-10-21 11-02-36-647.jpg   Picture 2018-10-21 11-04-11-725.jpg  
    Last edited by emilydeclark; 10-21-2018 at 02:32 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emilydeclark For This Useful Post:

Avery Court Grace (10-22-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-22-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

The One where Dino Dies???

Ah Halloween 20-eighteen. Silver Dino Hawkins was dressed up in his new Captain Blood Obsidian outfit, even complete with a skeleton mask from Moo Manchu. The perfect costume for the spooky season. Now Dino here is more of a tricker than a treater, so he decided to visit his bunkhouse to master his swashbuckling acrobatics. Unfortunately, the bunkhouse looked a little bit different than he expected. For a start, Old Scratch was floating in the air.

Dino: Scratch, Hoodoo Cornelius, what is the meaning of this??? How in Boochbeard's beard is Scratch flying!?!

Ol Scratch: Cap'n my Cap'n. The doorway of the dead you see below me has given me much power. Like the birds I am now, for the power of the dead makes me fly...

Dino: Doorway of the dead?? What is it doing here!?!

Ol Scratch: The doorway of the dead be a gateway to the nightmare realm. It is a world of the paranormal. And here we summon the spirits from below.

H.C: Aye, well so far with our mojo, we have been able to summon small fry. Like those specters and the bullrog and that heck-fish. Oh, and a green pillow popped as well!

Ol Scratch: But we seek to summon larger things, much larger and dangerous things. These things will give us more power.

Dino: And how are you to summon these larger things?

H.C: Oh well that be pretty simple... a sacrifice of course!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (68).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	75003

Dino: A sacrifice??? is that we have this weird ritual thing set up???

H.C: Aye. These cauldrons and torches and dragon claws all will make the sacrifice stronger!!! The more powerful the sacrifice, the more power we gain from the nightmare realm!

Dino: So eh... what is the sacrifice???

H.C & Ol Scratch: Why you are, captain!

Dino: What is the meaning of this? Mutiny I tell you!!!

Name:	Screenshot (70).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	75004

And so Dino and his witchdoctor companions fought a long, hard battle. Mojo and blade, and mojo blade and blade clashed as the swashbuckler faced his hoodoo crew. But the end result was this:

Name:	Screenshot (71).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	75005

Ol Scratch: Don't worry my cap'n, the sacrifice will port you to the nightmare realm, not actually kill ye. We will get you out soon!

Dino: I seriously should not have promoted you...

This year's Halloween bunkhouse competition is quite strong. As we all can see, many people have great spooky traditional ideas and decorated these very well, so it was hard to come up with something different. When I decided what to do, I decided to not go along with traditional Halloween / Birthoween decorating ideas as most of them have been taken already. Due to this I needed to make something different

I decided to make something that was both spooky, and related to Pirate101. And behold, I had an epiphany! The spookiest thing this year was most certainly the introduction of nightmare bosses and the nightmare realm. So I thought, maybe I could make something to reflect this? Something nightmare realm related? And what was more nightmarish then nightmare scratch. And so I made up the sacrifice story above.

Of course, I had to have a bit of freedom in this story. As we know, the witchdoctors lab is not actually a doorway to the dead, specters and bullrogs dont pop out of this etc, but in the spirit of the story, you have to not be that strict witch such restrictions and just assume stuff.

Glitching was also utilized here. Making scratch fly above the doorway, with the spiritual green energy and spirits floating up to him, was very fun. However, getting cooked in a cauldron, was very NOT fun for Dino.

Overall, the theme of sacrifice and summoning spirit stuff from the nightmare realm was the "spooky something" I wanted by bunkhouse to represent.

1.) Shoutout to Umberto Webb for morphing the heck grouper with me!!!

2.) Here are my preferences for prizes, in order from most desired to least desired:
    -10 000 crowns, armada companion, backpack expansion elixir. Should I come first I would desire this. Should I come second or third, and the other winners desire other prizes, I would still want this.
    -Autumn leaves mount and 5000 crowns, should I come second and if first place desires the 10k crown prize.
    -Hoodoo bundle, should I come 3rd and the higher placed winners claim other prizes

3.) It should be pretty easy to identify the heck grouper and green pillow [2nd photo has them clearly if you cant find them]. As for something orange, the flames and fires do have orange in them.

Good luck everyone
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 10-22-2018 at 06:11 AM. Reason: General edit

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Avery Court Grace (10-22-2018),Crushcut (10-28-2018),helena (10-23-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-23-2018),LuckyDuck (10-22-2018),luvs2sleepalot (10-22-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (10-24-2018),Stephanie (10-22-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

The idea for this bunkhouse was fairly simple, to combine Halloween and Birthday and go for a happy feeling. My own birthday actually happens to be in October, pretty close to Halloween. I usually celebrate it by going to a Halloween party with neighbors It's a happy coincidence that Pirate101's birthday is also in October.

I guess other than that concept, I was also just going by color. So the entire color palette is fall season-themed, with orange, brown, deep red, and green hues, and some black and white thrown in. No sharp blues or purples anywhere.

The skeletal cowboy is manning the welcome desk where the guests check in, Old Scratch is putting some final touches on the feast, and Catbeard is grilling a salmon (the redrum). The ebon spectre is playing the piano.

Edit: Forgot to mention my prize preferences. My preferences are, in order from most desired to least desired:

1) 10K crowns, Armada companion, and backpack elixir
    2) Hoodoo Bundle and Nightmare Paper Dragon pet
    3) 5K crowns and Autumn Leaves mount

Thank you for this opportunity!
    Last edited by Stephanie; 10-22-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Avery Court Grace (10-22-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-22-2018),LuckyDuck (10-22-2018),luvs2sleepalot (10-22-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

emperorthomas33445 is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Cool Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

Wll I had this idea of making something mooshu like so I did this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2018-10-24 20-30-48-368.jpg   Picture 2018-10-24 20-33-25-287.jpg   Picture 2018-10-24 20-33-38-555.jpg  

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emperorthomas33445 For This Useful Post:

LegendaryM7 (10-24-2018),LuckyDuck (10-24-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

sparticus32 is offline Deck Swabber

• sparticus32's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  jack nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon, MB
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by sparticus32 View Post
    THE EGGSTRAVAGANT BIRTHDAY PARTY!You are hereby invited to an eggstravagant party! (this is a blawk tie event!) To celebrate Pirate101 turning 6, we will have a Cave Party! There shall be eggecelent, and eggstrodinary food! This eggsculsive party combines a Birthday Party with Spookiness! While we pirates may be egging on the wizards on how their view of combat is a yolk compared to ours, there will be none of that! This is an eggspecially fancy party for all, so no ruffling someones feathers! Aside from the most fancy food, we have gamed! Pin the feather on the golden chicken! Whack the Gobbler (run by a very scary dino!) and more games that are the balk of the town! We have desert bars, a Turkey and a side of murder, errm redrum. Leave your presents in the corner and walk through the eggsepensive treasure pile, and grab a few coins if you can! I hope to see you there! And make sure to write if you are coming, and no chicken scratch penmanship! -Jack Nightingale lvl 70 buccaneerI'll take any prize but if I get first I would prefer second prize since I have a hoodoo bundle already
    sorry, I completly forgot to say the phrase, I'll take a new picture
    every person collects something be it stamps or rare books, I on the other hand collect golden chickens...and that my friends, is the true meaning of Christmas. *cough* crazy person *cough*Credit to Doom-N-Gloomy for my amazing avatar

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sparticus32 For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

Nojow is offline Deck Swabber

• Nojow's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Friendly Jesse Pew
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Red River
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Torn

For my Bunkhouse I decided to make something a little scary, but not in the normal Halloween sense. I thought what's scarier then being lost in a blizzard? And so I made my Blizzard Bunkhouse!

Name:	Picture 2018-10-26 03-34-13-986.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	75049

Being in a blizzard also gave me an opportunity to use what is easily the scariest furniture item in game, the Festive Snowman. I mean have you seen that thing up close? Its terrifying. Even that Bison Spirit seems a bit put off by its presence, and he's a ghost!

Name:	Picture 2018-10-25 21-24-11-086.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	75044

It took a lot of work to make what I felt like was a convincing blizzard, but I feel like it was worth the final result.

Name:	Picture 2018-10-25 21-15-16-771.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	75045

Bonus behind the scenes screenshot for those not entirely sure what's going on.

Name:	Picture 2018-10-25 21-20-38-727.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	75046

If I manage to get first place, I will opt for the second place prize. Even without the Armada companion, 10,000 crowns is 10,000 crowns.
    Last edited by Nojow; 10-26-2018 at 03:39 AM. Reason: I redid the first image with Bloom on because it looked cooler
    I have a signature?

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nojow For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-26-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-26-2018),luvs2sleepalot (10-27-2018),Mistress of Hoodoo (11-07-2018),NinjaPikmin (10-27-2018),Stephanie (10-25-2018),StormyMarcusParker (10-26-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Nojow View Post
    For my Bunkhouse I decided to make something a little scary, but not in the normal Halloween sense. I thought what's scarier then being lost in a blizzard? And so I made my Blizzard Bunkhouse!

Name:	Picture 2018-10-26 03-34-13-986.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	75049

Being in a blizzard also gave me an opportunity to use what is easily the scariest furniture item in game, the Festive Snowman. I mean have you seen that thing up close? Its terrifying. Even that Bison Spirit seems a bit put off by its presence, and he's a ghost!

Name:	Picture 2018-10-25 21-24-11-086.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	75044

It took a lot of work to make what I felt like was a convincing blizzard, but I feel like it was worth the final result.

Name:	Picture 2018-10-25 21-15-16-771.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	75045

Bonus behind the scenes screenshot for those not entirely sure what's going on.

Name:	Picture 2018-10-25 21-20-38-727.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	75046

If I manage to get first place, I will opt for the second place prize. Even without the Armada companion, 10,000 crowns is 10,000 crowns.
    Hey man nice glitching! did you include the Grouper/Halloween fish though? I can't seem to find it. Same goes for you @emperorthomas33445 (and your pillow as well)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Nojow (10-26-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

Nojow is offline Deck Swabber

• Nojow's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Friendly Jesse Pew
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Red River
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Torn

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    Hey man nice glitching! did you include the Grouper/Halloween fish though? I can't seem to find it. Same goes for you @emperorthomas33445 (and your pillow as well)
    It’s a little in the distance but it’s right next to the Bison Spirit in the second and fourth screenshots
    I have a signature?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nojow For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-26-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-26-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

KindlyKatherine is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Scurvy

Heya Willow! Entering on behalf of my oldest son again.

After some thought, I decided to create a Troggy lair for Halloween. Forgive me, for I had to use a Festive Grouper; as all Troggy chiefs know, sacrificing something festive on Halloween produces TERRIFYING results. The pumpkin can be seen on the Aztecasaur table by Romba tending the fish, the green pillow can be seen on the Aztecasaur altar, and the grouper is there too, about to be sacrificed. There are Troggy and Aztecasaur talismans all around to boost the mojo. This all came be when I realized I wasn't using my cabin and decided to let me companions use it instead. The problem being, I didn't consider WHICH companions....

Also known as Katherine Light ~ Need help? Click the picture to ask Mercenaries For Charter!
    Avatar of my oldest's pirate by the amazing AluraRB.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KindlyKatherine For This Useful Post:

LegendaryM7 (10-27-2018),Stephanie (10-27-2018),Willowdreamer (10-29-2018)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast