•  Haunted Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Balanced

Re: 2018 Halloween Bunkhouse Decorating Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    We've selected our winners, so here is the list. Congratulations, all!

First Place: @insurgent8

Second Place: @Crushcut

Third Place: @GoldenGuardian

Random Draw Winner: @leg0master

Everyone who entered did a great job, so don't give up on your decorating. We'll do this again soon.

FIRST PLACE??!!! I can't believe it! Good job to all other winners, and good job to all the other contestants! Thanks again Willowdreamer!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to insurgent8 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-30-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-30-2018),LuckyDuck (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-30-2018)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    Thank you for the opportunity, Willowdreamer! This was a great opportunity to put my creative chops to use in decorating! Looking forward to the next decorating contest when I can! ^^

On a side note, would you mind leaving a summary of sorts to each of us winners of what the judging panel liked about each of our entries? It would be nice for note taking for the next decorating contest and look for info to improve with. Thanks, again!
    I concur that is an actually great idea. As a competitor, I am only aiming for first place. With such good competition all around, and people putting a lot of effort and being serious, it would be fair to know why the judges voted the way they did, what they were looking for, what differentiated 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc.

I want to know the mind of the judges, see how they think. This is my personal subjectiveness speaking and by no way do I condone everyone else's entries as we all did great, but I personally thought the blood throne room, Halloween pumpkin patch, graveyard, and the blizzard entries would likely place in the top 3. If we could understand how the judges operate as a collective unit, then we could be more objective and detailed in our approach as to please the judges- otherwise to be honest in some sense this all feels like a lottery that I don't know how to feel about at the moment.

Also, I would prefer, if possible, we have same judges for each decorating contest. Appealing to the same panel consistently means we know how to formulate and please the judges. If we have a different judging panel, that could lead to unnecessary variation- for example, if I was a judge in this contest I would probably list my preferences of winners differently (probably blizzard, graveyard, and pumpkin patch respectively as 1st, 2nd and 3rd- once again please note I do not condone other entries, this is just my personal opinion), and that could have changed the results. That is why I am suggesting to have the same judges all the time, so we don't have to worry about such changes. I know this is probably unfeasible, but if it's possible that would be preferred.

Nonetheless, I would like to congratulate everyone on great entries! This was in my experience, the most fierce p101 competition in recent times that I have entered in.

Cya next time,
    x disappears into a pile of leaves x

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-30-2018),LuckyDuck (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

One last thing, my autumn leaves mount reward is 7-days. I was under the impression that it was permanent and was excited to equip it whenever I desire, but I am quite sad about this. I think you should have specified that it was 7-days. If I had come second place, I would have likely gotten this mount due to my preference of rewards, thinking it was permanent, but would have been more disappointed then I am now. If I had known it was not permanent, and if I did rank higher, I would have preferred the hoodoo bundle or 10000 crowns prize instead.

That is all.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-30-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    One last thing, my autumn leaves mount reward is 7-days. I was under the impression that it was permanent and was excited to equip it whenever I desire, but I am quite sad about this. I think you should have specified that it was 7-days. If I had come second place, I would have likely gotten this mount due to my preference of rewards, thinking it was permanent, but would have been more disappointed then I am now. If I had known it was not permanent, and if I did rank higher, I would have preferred the hoodoo bundle or 10000 crowns prize instead.

That is all.
    You're not the only one who was given the wrong impression. What was supposed to by my "companion prize code," turned out to be a few 7-day birthday mounts with an Ashes of the Armada pack instead of one companion. Something isn't sitting well with the prizes you and I received, and I ponder about the integrity of the awards we were given, especially since they're given to P101 Central by Kingsisle, themselves.
    Last edited by Crushcut; 10-30-2018 at 11:46 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

Thanks for the contest. Congratulations to the winners!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-31-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-31-2018),LuckyDuck (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    You're not the only one who was given the wrong impression. What was supposed to by my "companion prize code," turned out to be a few 7-day birthday mounts with an Ashes of the Armada pack instead of one companion. Something isn't sitting well with the prizes you and I received, and I ponder about the integrity of the awards we were given, especially since they're given to P101 Central by Kingsisle, themselves.
    This is utterly disgraceful. I am very disappointed at the current state of affairs. I at least hope Insurgent got his hoodoo bundle. Upon this my autumn leaves didnt even turn up in my gift box. But I am glad it didn't, I dont desire a temporary mount anyway.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 10-31-2018 at 01:55 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-31-2018),LegendaryM7 (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

•  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

@Willowdreamer given what has happened in regards to prizes for me and @Crushcut and potentially even @insurgent8, can you please contact KI about this. This is not fair at all.

Once again thanks for managing all this, and I hope KI responds appropriately.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

Crushcut is offline Navigator

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

This is utterly disgraceful. I am very disappointed at the current state of affairs. I at least hope Insurgent got his hoodoo bundle. Upon this my autumn leaves didnt even turn up in my gift box. But I am glad it didn't, I dont desire a temporary mount anyway.
    I've had that problem where the Nutcracker companion I won some time ago didn't show up in my Gift Box either. If your Gift Box becomes saturated with unclaimed items, then new gifts will not appear. I ended up redeeming some items, and my nutcracker shows up in my Gift Box. Maybe redeem some items from your Gift Box first, as this probably is just a simple display error.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

First of all, as to the judging - there really isn't any way to assure the exact same judging panel every single time. When a contest ends, I recruit someone to help me determine the winners, and it's just a fact of life that the same people may or may not be available. Sometimes things are just subjective and trying to cater to some particular set of "guidelines" would only serve to squash the wonderful creativity you've all shown. I would NOT want you to think about how your ideas are going be viewed, rather, I enjoy seeing what you members can come up with on your own. If I said that the panel likes dragons, then every entry would have dragons and all be very much the same. We would not have seen dungeons and blizzards and pumpkin patches.

@GoldenGuardian - I only wish I could award 10 different winners every time rather than having to choose only three, but when everyone is THIS GOOD, someone's good entry is not going to be a winner. Yes, the other entries you named are very good, and asking why the winners won instead of them is almost a rhetorical question. I'm not lying when I say that you members make it hard to determine winners and places -- it cannot be explained other than "choices were made."

Finally, as to the prizes, we have been made aware that some of the prizes are not redeeming as intended. @Jester is working with @Bat Masterson about this, and we do hope to be able to resolve the issue. Please be patient rather than angry or disgusted.

And, almost as a PS, @Crushcut is correct -- the gift box has a maximum number of display pages, so if you redeem some things from the top of your list, you should find additional items appearing.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 10-31-2018 at 07:43 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (10-31-2018),Crushcut (10-31-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-31-2018),LuckyDuck (10-31-2018)

insurgent8 is offline Land Lubber

• insurgent8's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Brian
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Haunted Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Balanced

@Willowdreamer given what has happened in regards to prizes for me and @Crushcut and potentially even @insurgent8, can you please contact KI about this. This is not fair at all.

Once again thanks for managing all this, and I hope KI responds appropriately.
    I was able to redeem the hoodoo bundle and companion with no complications.
    However, I was also wondering about the Autumn Leaves Mount. I won the mount from another one of the central contests, but it was also 7 days. I contacted CelestialMoon about it, but I have not gotten a response. Thanks again Willowdreamer!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to insurgent8 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-31-2018),GoldenGuardian (10-31-2018),Willowdreamer (10-31-2018)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast