Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
       TDHunterX is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    22
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    30
    Gold
    28

    Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Ever since the beginning of Lvl 65 cap in Pirate101, There is literally a bad reputation for Witch doctor companions and Privateer companions.
    Like in rare cases now (except for Old Scratch, we all know how good he is) players hardly ever use Witchdoctor companions and depending on the situation... Some privateers.
    Players are usually choosing between Buccaneers, Swashbucklers, and Musketeer companions. The reason behind this is because of how strong the class is as a companion unlike Privateer and witches.

    Buccaneers can get Turn the Tide(accuracy+dmg when at 50 percent hp or less) with some tank stats as normal early on to strong later in the game(Not saying they aren't strong when above 50 percent).

    Swashbucklers gets alert, high mobility, High damage, and High dodge for being squishy.

    Musketeers are known for being far range fighters with 3- 5 range with high accuracy and consider to be the best companions to back line while the front liner companions do their work.

    But what does Witchdoctors and privateer companions have to compete with them or be unique?

    Witchdoctors only uniqueness is just an aoe first hit. Unless they are Old scratch, Mormo, or the crown pack witchdoctors... They lack what Witchdoctors suppose to be. To use spells and power in fights. In a straight up fight with their epics and normal attacks, they will lose most of the time to automatically due to being out ranged by musketeer companions, out powered defensively and offensively by buccaneers(Especially in turn the tide), and get out dodged and damaged by a swashbuckler. They do not rely on their weapon, they suppose to rely on their power.
    In all honestly, Old scratch with the spooky buffs, Jubus embrace, Purge magic, a summon and Mojo doom(Which honestly need to be replaced) is a prime example of what a witchdoctor companion should be. (Well... except the spooky buffs, that is Old scratch only uniqueness as a companion and what he is lol). Even though there are hardly any witchdoctor companions, those witchdoctor companions could be having a bunch of spells or at least some spells.

    Privateer companions. The only good ones I would say are Emmett, Wing Chung, the privateer exclusive monkey and that dinosaur privateer. But even if they are the good privateers, they are still kind of bad too. Sure, they are tanky like a buccaneer, but if we were to do a privateer vs a buccaneer companion.
    Let say Wing Chung vs Subudai.
    Subudai would win mostly because even though Wing chung has an accuracy buff, a heal and a critical hit... Subudai has a critical hit and buccaneer smash and turn the tide 2. Subudai would most likely win. Turn the tide 2 would make privateer companions lose mostly due to the increase accuracy and damage of it as well as the debuffs of the buccaneer smash. Granted, privateer companions are known to be borned leaders to buff and support the team while Buccaneers are just here to fight. However... THERE ARE SO MANY PRIVATEEERS WHO NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. There are so many privateer companion who doesn't have anything and just rely on epics to fight and will usually get out classed by swashbucklers and Buccaneers.
    A good example is Catbeard... He only has a critical hit. When I first got him, I was disappointed that he doesn't have anything unique about him. For someone who went to el dorado with the pirate's parents and such... He has nothing to offer to fight. I could see him having refresh, (to represent refreshments of his fish he eats), fervor of battle (A useless privateer ability that needs a buff. But at least it a buff he can use on turn 1 like how el toro or others just use their buff first turn), tower of iron will (Same reason as fervor of battle). and a gunnery (Being a Privateer and a Major character, he should have a big spell like how Ratbeard has his own knock back attack)

    Either way, to make this simple...

    Witchdoctor companions need more spells to be effective and privateer companions need privateer/buff spells/abilities to be unique. Maybe even give them Elusive if KI doesn't want to give them buffs.



  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TDHunterX For This Useful Post:

    CompanionMechanics (11-16-2018),Edward Teach (11-24-2018),Witty Benjamin (12-03-2018)


  3. #2
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,104
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,769
    Thanks (Received)
    9,062
    Gold
    1,640
    Fine

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    You make some excellent points. Too many pirates rely on a particular team to make every battle alike -- melee v melee or muskets v muskets -- when they have a huge crew of characters who could make each battle unique. Using witchdoctors or privateers simply isn't a part of their strategy.





  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    864
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    56
    Thanks (Received)
    694
    Gold
    591

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHunterX View Post
    Ever since the beginning of Lvl 65 cap in Pirate101, There is literally a bad reputation for Witch doctor companions and Privateer companions.
    Like in rare cases now (except for Old Scratch, we all know how good he is) players hardly ever use Witchdoctor companions and depending on the situation... Some privateers.
    Players are usually choosing between Buccaneers, Swashbucklers, and Musketeer companions. The reason behind this is because of how strong the class is as a companion unlike Privateer and witches.

    Buccaneers can get Turn the Tide(accuracy+dmg when at 50 percent hp or less) with some tank stats as normal early on to strong later in the game(Not saying they aren't strong when above 50 percent).

    Swashbucklers gets alert, high mobility, High damage, and High dodge for being squishy.

    Musketeers are known for being far range fighters with 3- 5 range with high accuracy and consider to be the best companions to back line while the front liner companions do their work.

    But what does Witchdoctors and privateer companions have to compete with them or be unique?

    Witchdoctors only uniqueness is just an aoe first hit. Unless they are Old scratch, Mormo, or the crown pack witchdoctors... They lack what Witchdoctors suppose to be. To use spells and power in fights. In a straight up fight with their epics and normal attacks, they will lose most of the time to automatically due to being out ranged by musketeer companions, out powered defensively and offensively by buccaneers(Especially in turn the tide), and get out dodged and damaged by a swashbuckler. They do not rely on their weapon, they suppose to rely on their power.
    In all honestly, Old scratch with the spooky buffs, Jubus embrace, Purge magic, a summon and Mojo doom(Which honestly need to be replaced) is a prime example of what a witchdoctor companion should be. (Well... except the spooky buffs, that is Old scratch only uniqueness as a companion and what he is lol). Even though there are hardly any witchdoctor companions, those witchdoctor companions could be having a bunch of spells or at least some spells.

    Privateer companions. The only good ones I would say are Emmett, Wing Chung, the privateer exclusive monkey and that dinosaur privateer. But even if they are the good privateers, they are still kind of bad too. Sure, they are tanky like a buccaneer, but if we were to do a privateer vs a buccaneer companion.
    Let say Wing Chung vs Subudai.
    Subudai would win mostly because even though Wing chung has an accuracy buff, a heal and a critical hit... Subudai has a critical hit and buccaneer smash and turn the tide 2. Subudai would most likely win. Turn the tide 2 would make privateer companions lose mostly due to the increase accuracy and damage of it as well as the debuffs of the buccaneer smash. Granted, privateer companions are known to be borned leaders to buff and support the team while Buccaneers are just here to fight. However... THERE ARE SO MANY PRIVATEEERS WHO NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. There are so many privateer companion who doesn't have anything and just rely on epics to fight and will usually get out classed by swashbucklers and Buccaneers.
    A good example is Catbeard... He only has a critical hit. When I first got him, I was disappointed that he doesn't have anything unique about him. For someone who went to el dorado with the pirate's parents and such... He has nothing to offer to fight. I could see him having refresh, (to represent refreshments of his fish he eats), fervor of battle (A useless privateer ability that needs a buff. But at least it a buff he can use on turn 1 like how el toro or others just use their buff first turn), tower of iron will (Same reason as fervor of battle). and a gunnery (Being a Privateer and a Major character, he should have a big spell like how Ratbeard has his own knock back attack)

    Either way, to make this simple...

    Witchdoctor companions need more spells to be effective and privateer companions need privateer/buff spells/abilities to be unique. Maybe even give them Elusive if KI doesn't want to give them buffs.
    The issue with those companions are the lack there of. Lucky Jack Russel/ Generic Version,Scratch Mormc Generic. Jack is deadly but without will buffs he not good on non privateer/ Witchdoctor teams. Scratch is the only witchdoctor available to all classes.

    Most teams tend to compliment each other. Like main team being mainly consistent of of the captain school.

    Personally scratch can now be useful to all schools except buccaneers. None of there powers get to use magic at all. While bonnie is great coverage for any school plus she has a minor heal with infinite range.

    Witchdoctor or privateer companion on there native teams destroy almost everything thanks to the limited amount of those classes in the spiral most enemies are bucc or swash, and occassionally musk.
    @Willowdreamer What does scratch do on a buccaneer team? They have no benefit from Mojo Flow. And then the nerf to Witchhunter makes scratch more worthless on that team. What does privateer do when you cant boost there stat not much especially in later worlds. Ki needs to add more variety to companions so there a reason to use each class. If we were to be honest here Witchdoctors Juju power is the only buff that caters to the companion school making those teams more useable.
    Last edited by Starbreaker; 11-22-2018 at 04:18 PM.



  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (11-22-2018),TDHunterX (11-23-2018),Witty Benjamin (12-03-2018)


  6. #4
       TDHunterX is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    22
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    30
    Gold
    28

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    The issue with those companions are the lack there of. Lucky Jack Russel/ Generic Version,Scratch Mormc Generic. Jack is deadly but without will buffs he not good on non privateer/ Witchdoctor teams. Scratch is the only witchdoctor available to all classes.

    Most teams tend to compliment each other. Like main team being mainly consistent of of the captain school.

    Personally scratch can now be useful to all schools except buccaneers. None of there powers get to use magic at all. While bonnie is great coverage for any school plus she has a minor heal with infinite range.

    Witchdoctor or privateer companion on there native teams destroy almost everything thanks to the limited amount of those classes in the spiral most enemies are bucc or swash, and occassionally musk.
    @Willowdreamer What does scratch do on a buccaneer team? They have no benefit from Mojo Flow. And then the nerf to Witchhunter makes scratch more worthless on that team. What does privateer do when you cant boost there stat not much especially in later worlds. Ki needs to add more variety to companions so there a reason to use each class. If we were to be honest here Witchdoctors Juju power is the only buff that caters to the companion school making those teams more useable.
    I agree with you that there isn't much variety of companions and the class of the companions depends on the captain's/pirate's class.
    However, what is there to use for Privateer and Witchdoctors? From what I seen currently, I only have not seen them use Carcarius or March in PvP and only barely see them in PvP.
    Like you said, scratch can be used on anyone who uses magic and bonnie can be used as converage to any classes.
    From what I have seen so far in Sparring Chambers AND from recent youtube videos... Privateers only been using Goro, Nausica, Scatch and the starter crown companions that are buccaneers... Also Egg Shen... Idk bout Witchdoctors since I hardly seen them.

    What I am also saying to privateer companions and witchdoctors companions is that they are also outclasses by the other 3 companion classes . I know since they are will based, they are deadly to deal with them with spamming relentless and crits on them due to the population of musket, bucc and swashes is a lot, but you can say the same thing to them that they can do the same to our companions.

    So what makes them have a even plain field since the stats between them can hurt each other?
    (Not mentioning critical strike b/c everyone has them except witchdoctor companions which i will discuss later)
    Buccaneer companions have Turn the Tide which makes them do more damage and able to not miss their target when it comes to the mid to late time of the clash. As a result, unless you have EXTREME luck, your privateer/witchdoctor companion will most likely get dominated b/c they won't be able to dodge and out damage them. They also the most popular ones at the moment has buccaneer smash which reduces accuracy (as well as agility but we mainly talking bout buccs comparison to witch/privy companions)... Sooo with privy or witches companions maybe having a equal term in the early clashing... They have no way to fight bucc companions in their clashing when they enter turn the tide and the accuracy debuff. Privy/witch companions doesn't have a unique thing bout them to feel on equal term to them. They do not possess a passive like turn the tide. (I would suggest adding elusive to privateer because most of the privies has riposte) nor do they have the powers to match them(Which is funny because the main thing about them is to have powers... Privy has to have buffs+heals OR MAYBE EVEN DEBUFFS to the enemies for the team or themselves while witches suppose to have spells and rely on them instead of their weapon power)

    Swashbuckler companions have the insanely high natural dodge, movement and damage (and alert which reduces dmg from traps...). As a result, in the beginning to mid time of the clash, they try to burst you down as fast as you can and dodge your attacks. Despite their squishy stats... Unless you are a buccaneer on turn the tide or a musketeer, you won't be able to counteract swash companions high dodge and need to rely on luck to hit them as a privateer and witchdoctor companion. Skills wise... the popular ones has hidden which makes them not be able to be hit by singular hits and a swashbuckler stab which makes them pierce armor (and a heal if you using Keisuke LOL)... Lets not forget the few with a self critical buff. But what does privateer and witches companions have? Hardly anything to counteract those. One can say wu tang/wing chung to have a chance fighting swashbuckler companions due to him having call to arm and a heal. But what about the rest of the privy companions? For witches... All I can say good luck to them, even old scratch can get obliterated by them.

    And now Musketeer. On paper, they have high range to attack from afar. Most of them have overwatch 3 to reduce accuracy and potentially to do a double tap/burst fire chain on your turn. And they have more utilities than a privy and witch companion. (Even tho every gets Bonnie) Bonnie gets a cone dodge debuff attack, a heal, and stock assault. Chant has 2 snipers with the class buff (I'm surprised out of all the class specified companion, she has 4 powers while others get 3), pepe (even though he's not that good in PvP) He has traps which muskets specialize in. So with the musket companion vs witch and privy. Tbh with Will being the 2nd highest stat to musket, privy and witch will still able to crit/relent over them, agility is the worst for privy and 2nd highest to witch. Also with the range they have, muskets can begin the clash with an advantage of privy. As for witches, it depends on luck on who burst who first. Granted, Musket has low dodge to compensate high accuracy, they will almost never miss a privy and witch companion unless they have a dodge buff while privy and witches has a chance to miss (even when overwatch 3 is proct, it be annoying with that accuracy debuff).

    So with that in mind, what gives witches and privy companion a advantage over the other 3 companion classes other than the will stat advantage?
    The other 3 classes design, passives, and powers out classes the current best privateer companions and witch companions design, no passives and lack of powers that they suppose to be designed for (privy being a buffer/healer and Witches reliant on spells).

    Granted, Old scratch is the only witch doctor companion that is good so I do not expect him to have a buff since he has a ton of spells to back him up before relying on weapon power. But he is a prime example of what a witch doctor should be with this amount of powers (I hope the other witch companions dont get a spooky boost like he does since that would removes scratch's uniqueness). However, those witchdoctor companions should have utility spells/power to make them able to deal with buccaneers and swashes before being destroyed by how broken buccaneers are atm and swashes naturally high burst damage.

    As for Privateer companions. A good example is Emmett b/c he has regroup, and a bunch of slow debuff. Some reason he also have the upgraded musketeer attack that the magnificent seven companions get. reducing will but also reducing weapon damage by 50 percent. Either way, it still good for Emmett as a debuffer support. However, even with the amount of powers Emmett has, i have to be honest, it not enough. Even Wing chung's powers isn't enough even though it does represent him as a privateer with a buff and heal. If I have to be honest, even the best privateer companions with their powers isn't enough for them. I would like them to get a combo of debuffs and heals, heals and buffs, or buffs and debuffs. Or even one of the options that privateer suppose to be with offensive powers. However, if KI doesn't want to overload them with allot of buffs and heals (i'll admit, that would be annoying and a bit broken) they could give Privateer companions Elusive as their passives since most privateer companions has riposte over vengeance strike and to help their combat clashing better.

    But hey, let's be real here. IT has to be Christmas miracle if KI want to balance this game and its problems, debug things, and update it.

    But if it does... Well then we will see.



  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TDHunterX For This Useful Post:

    Edward Teach (11-24-2018)


  8. #5
    Edward Teach's Avatar
       Edward Teach is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    175
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    40
    Thanks (Received)
    94
    Gold
    111

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    I see witchdoctor and privateer companions becoming a lot more powerful when more levels and promotions are added. Emmett with heals, March with valor fortresses, Wing Chun with zeal and other accuracy buffs, Old scratch with summons, purge, a few more aoe drains, and 5 range ( get rid of his mojo buffs ), and other companions like Mormo with mojo storms and more 5 range. These companions are not likely to be used in 1v1 when these promotes are available, but they'd certainly be a valuable asset in 3v3 and 4v4 in particular. I don't see this as a huge game breaking issue atm, but as these companions get their upgrades, I hope that unnecessary RNG is not added to the game and particularly in PvP.



  9. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    864
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    56
    Thanks (Received)
    694
    Gold
    591

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHunterX View Post
    I agree with you that there isn't much variety of companions and the class of the companions depends on the captain's/pirate's class.
    However, what is there to use for Privateer and Witchdoctors? From what I seen currently, I only have not seen them use Carcarius or March in PvP and only barely see them in PvP.
    Like you said, scratch can be used on anyone who uses magic and bonnie can be used as converage to any classes.
    From what I have seen so far in Sparring Chambers AND from recent youtube videos... Privateers only been using Goro, Nausica, Scatch and the starter crown companions that are buccaneers... Also Egg Shen... Idk bout Witchdoctors since I hardly seen them.

    What I am also saying to privateer companions and witchdoctors companions is that they are also outclasses by the other 3 companion classes . I know since they are will based, they are deadly to deal with them with spamming relentless and crits on them due to the population of musket, bucc and swashes is a lot, but you can say the same thing to them that they can do the same to our companions.

    So what makes them have a even plain field since the stats between them can hurt each other?
    (Not mentioning critical strike b/c everyone has them except witchdoctor companions which i will discuss later)
    Buccaneer companions have Turn the Tide which makes them do more damage and able to not miss their target when it comes to the mid to late time of the clash. As a result, unless you have EXTREME luck, your privateer/witchdoctor companion will most likely get dominated b/c they won't be able to dodge and out damage them. They also the most popular ones at the moment has buccaneer smash which reduces accuracy (as well as agility but we mainly talking bout buccs comparison to witch/privy companions)... Sooo with privy or witches companions maybe having a equal term in the early clashing... They have no way to fight bucc companions in their clashing when they enter turn the tide and the accuracy debuff. Privy/witch companions doesn't have a unique thing bout them to feel on equal term to them. They do not possess a passive like turn the tide. (I would suggest adding elusive to privateer because most of the privies has riposte) nor do they have the powers to match them(Which is funny because the main thing about them is to have powers... Privy has to have buffs+heals OR MAYBE EVEN DEBUFFS to the enemies for the team or themselves while witches suppose to have spells and rely on them instead of their weapon power)

    Swashbuckler companions have the insanely high natural dodge, movement and damage (and alert which reduces dmg from traps...). As a result, in the beginning to mid time of the clash, they try to burst you down as fast as you can and dodge your attacks. Despite their squishy stats... Unless you are a buccaneer on turn the tide or a musketeer, you won't be able to counteract swash companions high dodge and need to rely on luck to hit them as a privateer and witchdoctor companion. Skills wise... the popular ones has hidden which makes them not be able to be hit by singular hits and a swashbuckler stab which makes them pierce armor (and a heal if you using Keisuke LOL)... Lets not forget the few with a self critical buff. But what does privateer and witches companions have? Hardly anything to counteract those. One can say wu tang/wing chung to have a chance fighting swashbuckler companions due to him having call to arm and a heal. But what about the rest of the privy companions? For witches... All I can say good luck to them, even old scratch can get obliterated by them.

    And now Musketeer. On paper, they have high range to attack from afar. Most of them have overwatch 3 to reduce accuracy and potentially to do a double tap/burst fire chain on your turn. And they have more utilities than a privy and witch companion. (Even tho every gets Bonnie) Bonnie gets a cone dodge debuff attack, a heal, and stock assault. Chant has 2 snipers with the class buff (I'm surprised out of all the class specified companion, she has 4 powers while others get 3), pepe (even though he's not that good in PvP) He has traps which muskets specialize in. So with the musket companion vs witch and privy. Tbh with Will being the 2nd highest stat to musket, privy and witch will still able to crit/relent over them, agility is the worst for privy and 2nd highest to witch. Also with the range they have, muskets can begin the clash with an advantage of privy. As for witches, it depends on luck on who burst who first. Granted, Musket has low dodge to compensate high accuracy, they will almost never miss a privy and witch companion unless they have a dodge buff while privy and witches has a chance to miss (even when overwatch 3 is proct, it be annoying with that accuracy debuff).

    So with that in mind, what gives witches and privy companion a advantage over the other 3 companion classes other than the will stat advantage?
    The other 3 classes design, passives, and powers out classes the current best privateer companions and witch companions design, no passives and lack of powers that they suppose to be designed for (privy being a buffer/healer and Witches reliant on spells).

    Granted, Old scratch is the only witch doctor companion that is good so I do not expect him to have a buff since he has a ton of spells to back him up before relying on weapon power. But he is a prime example of what a witch doctor should be with this amount of powers (I hope the other witch companions dont get a spooky boost like he does since that would removes scratch's uniqueness). However, those witchdoctor companions should have utility spells/power to make them able to deal with buccaneers and swashes before being destroyed by how broken buccaneers are atm and swashes naturally high burst damage.

    As for Privateer companions. A good example is Emmett b/c he has regroup, and a bunch of slow debuff. Some reason he also have the upgraded musketeer attack that the magnificent seven companions get. reducing will but also reducing weapon damage by 50 percent. Either way, it still good for Emmett as a debuffer support. However, even with the amount of powers Emmett has, i have to be honest, it not enough. Even Wing chung's powers isn't enough even though it does represent him as a privateer with a buff and heal. If I have to be honest, even the best privateer companions with their powers isn't enough for them. I would like them to get a combo of debuffs and heals, heals and buffs, or buffs and debuffs. Or even one of the options that privateer suppose to be with offensive powers. However, if KI doesn't want to overload them with allot of buffs and heals (i'll admit, that would be annoying and a bit broken) they could give Privateer companions Elusive as their passives since most privateer companions has riposte over vengeance strike and to help their combat clashing better.

    But hey, let's be real here. IT has to be Christmas miracle if KI want to balance this game and its problems, debug things, and update it.

    But if it does... Well then we will see.
    Carcarius is one companion good on paper but terrible in use. Scratch accuracy is way better in Pve setting then carcarius though there stats are nearly identical. Carcarius with bonnie can destroy approaching teams that aren't hidden when the dice roll is right but the shark cant seem to reliably get off damage rolls even to that of scratch.



  10. #7
       numbly1980 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    34
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    57
    Gold
    54

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    i disagree with you about lucky Jack he does not benefit on a privy pirate his accuracy is worse on privy then any of the other classes lucky jack works better on buck he hits harder then he does on a privy on buckler he has a dodge and accuracy boosts Musk and witch he will keep carcarius and Bonnie alive longer when he is placed in anywhere in front of them & all other musk & Witch Also & Emmett's slow is useless against units with hold the line & on that note you shouldn't train hold the line on any companion they don't need it.



  11. #8
    Edward Teach's Avatar
       Edward Teach is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    175
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    40
    Thanks (Received)
    94
    Gold
    111

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Quote Originally Posted by numbly1980 View Post
    i disagree with you about lucky Jack he does not benefit on a privy pirate his accuracy is worse on privy then any of the other classes lucky jack works better on buck he hits harder then he does on a privy on buckler he has a dodge and accuracy boosts Musk and witch he will keep carcarius and Bonnie alive longer when he is placed in anywhere in front of them & all other musk & Witch Also & Emmett's slow is useless against units with hold the line & on that note you shouldn't train hold the line on any companion they don't need it.
    Consider we are looking at this from a PvP prospective. Not hating on PvE but the AI in this game is about as intelligent as a potato. Hold the line can waste pirates abilities and pressure them into doing things they'd otherwise avoid. It's not the best epic, but there are times when it's incredible useful, it helps with attacking while defending, dividing and conquering, bating and switching and other tactics used in the art of war or in this case in the PvP of a simple video game. As for lucky jack, he is horrible on all classes. As long as musketeers are meta in PvP jack will always be chain food.





  12. #9
    monkeycrew's Avatar
       monkeycrew is online now Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    732
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    767
    Thanks (Received)
    1,216
    Gold
    135
    Dreaming

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Well said. However, I'd like to expand on the amount of WDs and PVs that are actually good out there.

    An obvious choice of a good witchdoctor would be the Grizzly Pack's Khord. Although he does have good damage and that Bloodsucker ability really helps him last in battle... HE HAS ZERO POWERS. Absolutely NONE of the bears do (excluding Baar). Even though it may be "balanced out" by their abilities like Sneaky Sneaky for Yohr and Eagle Eyes for Gohr, what else do they bring to the table besides that? Not only that, they all have unreleased promotions that will really help them bring them up to the same level as Baar.

    I use some privateers on my pirates when regularly quested. However, I will agree that they NEED to be buffed to be used more often. After Valencia 2 hit, I felt rather forced to use just the same automatic teams, and if they were defeated, I had nobody else to use. I don't really use Old Scratch on my Privateer that I remember (I don't think I even have him promoted, and that skeleton key fight I gotta do....yikes.), and now that Scratch is so good I feel forced to use him if I have any chance in the possible future of my character.

    Some privateers I use (or sometimes use) or used before the Valencia 2 spike are the following:

    Kzinti Singh is a companion I often yet seldom use because although he has an obscure epic list, his ranged Privateerness helps, like Emmett. He has a critical strike and a good damage level, but he can't learn Burst Fire and starts out with Parting Shot.
    The Bison and Black Storm Shamans were also pretty good companions, having a heal. However, that's all they got. If I remember correctly, one of them does have relentless but they don't have a good health rate. If they had some other power or two, I'd use them again.
    Another Privy - Lucky Jack/Sergeant Shepherd. They're probably the best melee privateers that I can think of atm. They good epics and accuracy...but their damage just isn't good.

    What privateers seem to lack is DAMAGE, EPICS, and POWERS. Unlike our Privateer character, KI isn't having Privateer companions​ living up to the whole "leader" thing. I hope they see this and consider a change.

    Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70



  13. #10
       numbly1980 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    34
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    57
    Gold
    54

    Re: Witch and Privateer Companion Uniqueness

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    Well said. However, I'd like to expand on the amount of WDs and PVs that are actually good out there.An obvious choice of a good witchdoctor would be the Grizzly Pack's Khord. Although he does have good damage and that Bloodsucker ability really helps him last in battle... HE HAS ZERO POWERS. Absolutely NONE of the bears do (excluding Baar). Even though it may be "balanced out" by their abilities like Sneaky Sneaky for Yohr and Eagle Eyes for Gohr, what else do they bring to the table besides that? Not only that, they all have unreleased promotions that will really help them bring them up to the same level as Baar.I use some privateers on my pirates when regularly quested. However, I will agree that they NEED to be buffed to be used more often. After Valencia 2 hit, I felt rather forced to use just the same automatic teams, and if they were defeated, I had nobody else to use. I don't really use Old Scratch on my Privateer that I remember (I don't think I even have him promoted, and that skeleton key fight I gotta do....yikes.), and now that Scratch is so good I feel forced to use him if I have any chance in the possible future of my character.Some privateers I use (or sometimes use) or used before the Valencia 2 spike are the following:Kzinti Singh is a companion I often yet seldom use because although he has an obscure epic list, his ranged Privateerness helps, like Emmett. He has a critical strike and a good damage level, but he can't learn Burst Fire and starts out with Parting Shot.The Bison and Black Storm Shamans were also pretty good companions, having a heal. However, that's all they got. If I remember correctly, one of them does have relentless but they don't have a good health rate. If they had some other power or two, I'd use them again.Another Privy - Lucky Jack/Sergeant Shepherd. They're probably the best melee privateers that I can think of atm. They good epics and accuracy...but their damage just isn't good.What privateers seem to lack is DAMAGE, EPICS, and POWERS. Unlike our Privateer character, KI isn't having Privateer companions​ living up to the whole "leader" thing. I hope they see this and consider a change.
    how rough and tough do you train on your companions rank 1 or 2?Imo you should give all your companions rank 4 for Rough,Tough,Accuracy & Dodge



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •