Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
       Edward Teach is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: It time to rework origins to make them great again.

Quote Originally Posted by CompanionMechanics View Post
    Personally, I prefer the origin stats to be bland and boring. I wouldn't want the fate of hard match or a pvp fight to be in the hands of something I picked all the way back in character creation. It would especially affect first time players who don't know what the origins do, since there aren't any descriptions. Even is there were, there still might be regrets later. It would be more fair if we saw this kind of boost for practice points to players the choice when they are more experienced with the game. But, character creation is too far. Just my thoughts.Also I think Keen Eyes is too OP and would be the obvious choice across almost all classes. Perhaps switch out the critical?
    It is simple, lolz! It only uses basic high school algebra, and as I said before, the 5% boosts will make a bigger difference as more levels are added to the game. This goes without saying, but unfortunately I frequently have to point out obvious things in this community. Do these people learn anything at schools? Just wondering, not trying to bash anyone or anything, but now that I've started to meet more of the common people (sheeple or the 99%), I worry about the future of our species.
    Last edited by Edward Teach; 11-29-2018 at 02:18 PM.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTown565 View Post
    lol, thinking a huge update would happen to this game.
    Moo Manchu and Valencia part 2 were bad enough. I'm pretty sure KI won't do anything major any time soon, but if they listen to the 99%ers in the community, that game won't even be worth playing anymore.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    It is simple, lolz! It only uses basic high school algebra, and as I said before the 5% boosts will make a bigger difference as more levels are added to the game. This goes without saying, but unfortunately I frequently have to point out obvious things in this community. Do these people learn anything at schools? Just wondering, not trying to bash anyone or anything, but now that I've started to meet more of the common people (sheeple or the 99%), I worry about the future of our species.
    As I have stated, there aren't any descriptions of what the stats are when creating a character so people might pass it as a random origin story. Even if the stats were shown, people might regret their discussion later. If I didn't know better, I would pick (the new) Naturally Tough on my Buccaneer because I would've thought Armor/Resist played a bigger role than it did. Even with the current one, I though Born Warrior was a good option before I found out it was terrible.

It's not a problem of not being able to calculate, but making a bad choice as early as character creation without (currently) any way of reseting.
    Last edited by CompanionMechanics; 11-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Who said this game was easy?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CompanionMechanics For This Useful Post:

Edward Teach (11-29-2018),Stephanie (11-28-2018)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

If this does happen, every player should be offered a free reset, since some of us chose our origins based on how they currently work in the game.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

CompanionMechanics (11-28-2018),Edward Teach (11-29-2018),Ravino (11-28-2018)

ToonTown565 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    If this does happen, every player should be offered a free reset, since some of us chose our origins based on how they currently work in the game.
    i do agree with this, it's pretty sad when 4/5 classes choose born spooky because dodge, accuracy, damage, aren't percent based, and maybe buccaneers go with tough, but spooky is still probably a popular choice among them.
    5/5 Characters maxed
    moved away from pirates unfortunately

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

CompanionMechanics (11-28-2018),Edward Teach (11-29-2018),Stephanie (11-28-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CompanionMechanics View Post
    As I have stated, there aren't any descriptions of what the stats are when creating a character so people might pass it as a random origin story. Even if the stats were shown, people might regret their discussion later. If I didn't know better, I would pick (the new) Naturally Tough on my Buccaneer because I would've thought Armor/Resist played a bigger role than it did. Even with the current one, I though Born Warrior was a good option before I found out it was terrible.It's not a problem of not being able to calculate, but making a bad choice as early as character creation without (currently) any way of reseting.
    I see your point but the game is still stupidly simple. I'm not saying it's a brain dead game either. It's like chess. The rules and what to do are simple, but it's still a fun battle of wits. Gear and stats don't play nearly as big of a role in win rate as people like to think. Almost everything is labeled, and much of the information that is not labelled is easy to access on online ( particularly in the patch notes released every update but other places as well. )

TDHunterX is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I agree with this. Allowing us to change our origin with this will help out a lot. Especially to those who started in the beginning of the game with no clue how these would impact us in the future with all these changes. (I miss 50 cap...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    Where you came from matters not only in real life but in game to. In pirate101 a bad origin can affect your character growth and potential. I can't begin to talk about characters i deleted because there origin made them less effective vs another pirate with a good origin.

1. One easy way to make origins better is by making them all % vs Flat. That way your gear and leveling improves that character. This can change the lives of classes such as witchdoctors that have low accuracy as well as dodge. This gives pirates more ability to specialize and customize a pirate.

2.Another idea would to extend your buff to your companion. Since we are captain it would make sense that whatever advantage we have we teach it to our campanions this can be a game changer to certain companions.

3. Add Additional Origin Bonus Stats:
    1. Naturally Tough- 5% Health,5% physical resistance, 5% Magic Resistance
    2. Born Sneak- 5% dodge, 5% accuracy, 5% Weapon damage
    3. Naturally Spooky- 5% spell power, 5% Magical damage, 5% Magic Resistance
    4. Born Warrior- 5% weapon power, 5% Health, 5% accuracy
    5. Keen eyes- 5% Accuracy, 5% critical, 5% Armor piercing

Explanation:

1. Naturally Tough will create a tanking class.
    2. Born sneak, need to be able to dodge, be accurate to stay hidden, and then do damage when they attack.
    3. Naturally spooky, higher spell damage, magic damage through weapons, and then resist foriegn magic attacks.
    4. Born Warrior- Higher damage with weapons, accurate to land blows, and there tough to last the fight.
    5. Keen eyes, they are accurate, they do more damage as they can spot critical spots of weakness, and because they have a good eye there more likely to pierce the armor of foes as they know where to hit.

@Ratbeard @Bat Masterson @One-Eyed Jack
    This would make every origin have a home to each player depending on the stat the player want as well as to make everyone not just target spooky or tough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12